Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I liked graffiti better before it became bourgeois.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
I have way more pictures of random art or installations people put up around town than graffiti, personally...

This just made me laugh

Hell yeah where does the club meet??

:smith:

This isn't street art. Just sidewalk chalk. I just loved the (faint) message:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'd like to start a Kafka/Absurdism book club with you.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

super sweet best pal posted:

I liked graffiti better before it became bourgeois.

what do you mean became? like when Dondi had a gallery show in manhattan in like 1980 it was all legal walls and stencil kids from there? Did you watch those whole car videos?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

what do you mean became? like when Dondi had a gallery show in manhattan in like 1980 it was all legal walls and stencil kids from there? Did you watch those whole car videos?

Also you wouldn’t know it as a subway rider but the amount of illegal wholecars/wholetrains being done in the last couple years in nyc is absolutely insane. Some of it is Europeans coming over and some of it is local. It takes serious planning like a military mission to pull it off these days, it’s nothing like the relaxed train yards of yesteryear.

https://instagram.com/nycgraff.head?utm_medium=copy_link

E- The quality level varies a lot but some of it is beautiful considering they’re risking felonies

https://www.instagram.com/p/CP3jecfh7vh/?utm_medium=copy_link

Snowy fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Aug 30, 2021

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
I love that it's clearly a guy who a. works at the buffing yard and b. loves train bombing running that account haha.

re: street art
https://www.instagram.com/p/BuPJ5t0F6FA/

daring as gently caress (but his last post was more than a year ago so maybe he got locked up?)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwTWbTPhaEN/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtpiDFIlfFf/

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

EDIT: found a few more

White Light fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 30, 2021

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
I saw this lil guy today and thought of this thread.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I’m always on the lookout for my favorite graffiti theme “spray paint can character with attitude“. I haven’t seen one in the wild since the 90s

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

All I spotted, today.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

UwUnabomber fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Aug 30, 2021

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

daring as gently caress (but his last post was more than a year ago so maybe he got locked up?)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwTWbTPhaEN/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtpiDFIlfFf/

He did but he’s out now

Another fun one of his

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6QBg_8Ubj0

Hmm drat I can’t find the one where he tags a moving corrections bus in the middle of traffic :(

E- found it https://www.instagram.com/p/BsyX8FNF7tJ/?utm_medium=copy_link

Snowy fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Aug 30, 2021

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Snowy posted:

He did but he’s out now

Another fun one of his

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6QBg_8Ubj0

Hmm drat I can’t find the one where he tags a moving corrections bus in the middle of traffic :(

Kids tag the darndest things...

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

A little more in line with the point of the thread, here’s some random ones I took last year

Fuckin REVS

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I didn’t take this one

But I did take these

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Those last two are amazing

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

From the neighborhood where I work:

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Taken in 2011:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Alhazred posted:

From the neighborhood where I work:

I wish every building had something like this instead of garbage billboards everywhere.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Literally A Person posted:

I don't have any pictures but there is a tagger named KidPK in north Jersey whose tags are unimpressive but they are scattered around in places I can't imagine how they got to without a cherry picker. Like, insane places. Always had respect for the free-climbing tagger.

I know what you're talking about.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

These are all in/near Mexico city:

And finally this one that I thought was kinda meta

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Very rational

Local gang stuff

As seen in Norway a few years ago

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Graffiti owns. This is the utility box on my block. Sticker graf is just as valid as other mediums.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Took these on the way to the beach, somewhere Oregon. Take the "h" off the ends for full sizes

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Pulled these off a wall about 30 years ago

Oh hey there’s a date right there whaddya know

Snowy fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Sep 1, 2021

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

My boomer age dad, who has no awareness of or opinion about literally anything youth culture related over last 50 years or so, has a real appreciation of graffiti on freight train cars. An artist himself, he gets excited when he has to stop at the tracks to wait for the train and will comment about which pieces are the best as it rolls by. I should make him watch Style Wars.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Murals on a subway station I regularly drive past:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Ralph Hurley posted:

My boomer age dad, who has no awareness of or opinion about literally anything youth culture related over last 50 years or so, has a real appreciation of graffiti on freight train cars. An artist himself, he gets excited when he has to stop at the tracks to wait for the train and will comment about which pieces are the best as it rolls by. I should make him watch Style Wars.

Your dad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HolAJ8YAdM

Yeah watching freights is fun as hell. I was in upstate New York getting video of a slow moving freight and a dude passed by and yelled “this is iiiiiit!!” with a big smile

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

lmao

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Alhazred posted:

Murals on a subway station I regularly drive past:

I really like the how the leaves are incorporated into the tree in the first one. GOOD WOOD.

Also, all the animals look like they just exited an aggresive spin cycle :(

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

A lot of people have valid reasons for hating Arizona and I don't claim that Arizona doesn't suck, but I have lived in Phoenix for over 20 years and I've grown a pretty deep love for Phoenix (Downtown) proper. It's an oasis of art and progressive alternative lifestyle in the center of a hell-zone state.

One of my favorite things about phoenix is the way the city decided to combat graffiti. 20+ years ago there was a major graffiti problem in the city proper and in response, the City of Phoenix decided to pay local artists to plaster everything in murals - the thought being that people would stop tagging buildings out of respect for the art - and it worked!

Now there are so many murals in downtown phoenix that you can make an entire weekend out of touring them. You can just walk around and see art everywhere you look.

Here's a site that catalogs them all and provides a map and photos of each one:
http://www.muralsofphoenix.com/

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

DAIM always makes some cool 3d effects with his lettering

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Also I draw and print vinyl stickers and slap them all over town but I don't have any great pics of them on hand, here's some things i found in my google drive

I used to just leave stacks of them un-stuck in bookstores or whatever for people to take for free and put where they wanted, but it seemed like more often than not I got people reaching out on Instagram thinking I lost them and offering to bring them back to me :|

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Sep 1, 2021

itry
Aug 23, 2019

deep dish peat moss posted:

One of my favorite things about phoenix is the way the city decided to combat graffiti. 20+ years ago there was a major graffiti problem in the city proper and in response, the City of Phoenix decided to pay local artists to plaster everything in murals - the thought being that people would stop tagging buildings out of respect for the art - and it worked!

That's awesome

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Ralph Hurley posted:

My boomer age dad, who has no awareness of or opinion about literally anything youth culture related over last 50 years or so, has a real appreciation of graffiti on freight train cars.

Also tell your dad to check out “freight benching” on YouTube, that’s what he’s into

More stickers

Cool Doom/MF DOOM combo

As seen in sweden:

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

deep dish peat moss posted:

(Bunches of cool stickers)

I used to just leave stacks of them un-stuck in bookstores or whatever for people to take for free and put where they wanted, but it seemed like more often than not I got people reaching out on Instagram thinking I lost them and offering to bring them back to me :|

Maybe people think they're worth good money and are scared you're out a resource you intended to sell. :3:They're very professional looking, and I would be so worried for the artist that lost track of their lovely stickers! :ohdear:

I know you're not soliciting here, but if it's ok with you (and perhaps the mods) is there a place where I may buy some of your stickers?

I hope this thread is still around next time I get to go back to Atlanta. I miss the city so.

DicktheCat fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Sep 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

DicktheCat posted:

Maybe people think they're worth good money and are scared you're out a resource you intended to sell. :3:They're very professional looking, and I would be so worried for the artist that lost track of their lovely stickers! :ohdear:

I know you're not soliciting here, but if it's ok with you (and perhaps the mods) is there a place where I may buy some of your stickers?

I hope this thread is still around next time I get to go back to Atlanta. I miss the city so.

Thanks! I'm glad you like them :D I quit my job at an ecommerce company about 4 months ago and they recently shut down the site I was selling them through (my free employee service ran out lmao) so I don't have anything set up right now, but I'll put together a thread in SA Mart sometime today, I've been meaning to start unloading some of the stickers and art anyway.

edit: Actually I need to figure out way too much about inventory, pricing and what my shipping costs will be before I can post a SA Mart thread but for now I can send you a pack containing one of each (There are 20 total, ranging from 1" x 1" squares to giant 6 inch wide gaudy holographic things) and you can pay what you want plus shipping :shrug: The total printing cost to me for 1x of all 20 stickers was about $28. Feel free to send me a PM if you want!

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 1, 2021