Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Some more from my trek around Cork on Monday afternoon. The first 3 are from the side wall of a place called Meitheal Mara, a small company that builds old-fashioned Irish boats.

Local skatepark is a great place for taggers and stickerbombing:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Those are cool stickers, I love that they’re die-cut and the art is great :cool: I’ve looked into having some made, one of these days I’ll get around to it hopefully. There’s some enticing prices on alibaba and they have fun options like metallic finishes and removal resistant “eggshell” materials.

E- love this guy

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Stickermule is the best source I've found of stickers, their prices are high for small runs but they run a different deal every Monday, which is usually something near 50% off on a small run of 50 stickers of whatever type (or keychains, magnets, etc)
https://www.stickermule.com/deals

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Stickerobot is a site I've been looking at for custom sticker prints. I requested a sampler pack once and one sticker was for a BBQ place not far from me.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

deep dish peat moss posted:

A lot of people have valid reasons for hating Arizona and I don't claim that Arizona doesn't suck, but I have lived in Phoenix for over 20 years and I've grown a pretty deep love for Phoenix (Downtown) proper. It's an oasis of art and progressive alternative lifestyle in the center of a hell-zone state.

One of my favorite things about phoenix is the way the city decided to combat graffiti. 20+ years ago there was a major graffiti problem in the city proper and in response, the City of Phoenix decided to pay local artists to plaster everything in murals - the thought being that people would stop tagging buildings out of respect for the art - and it worked!

Now there are so many murals in downtown phoenix that you can make an entire weekend out of touring them. You can just walk around and see art everywhere you look.

That is very good to know. I briefly lived in Phoenix in the late 90s and there was none of that. Downtown seemed like it had potential to be cool and interesting and I ended up meeting some people who ran an independent gallery and music venue and were trying to get a scene going. I haven’t been there in ages, it would be cool to see how it’s changed.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Help I'm stuck back in the graffiti restroom!

Ok no I just exited before posting...

itry
Aug 23, 2019

At least you won't run out of reading material in there

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

That’s how all bathrooms should look and we should all do our part to make sure of it

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Only thing missing from that bathroom are about three gloryholes

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

My hometown has a non-profit called PRHBTN:

PRHBTN posted:

PRHBTN is an annual celebration of art forms that have been criminalized, marginalized, and under-appreciated in the mainstream, featuring public murals alongside an exhibition of street art works in a space that complements the raw, powerful nature of the message and artistry of each piece.

The main event is the number of different murals that are put up on participating buildings every year, accompanied by concerts, block parties, spoken word/poetry jam style events, and art galleries at various venues across the city.

The first year they really had any actual funding, they brought in an artist named Eduardo Kobra to put this Abraham Lincoln mural on the back of the Kentucky Theatre which has been a fundamental part of downtown since the 1920's. You can see it, almost completely, from one of the main thoroughfares downtown. I love this piece of art. When I still lived there, any time I had a guest from out of town, it was high on the priority list of things to go see.

A couple years later, this piece appeared on the side of an old bourbon distillery.

I don't recall the exact story, but the area gentrified into the "distillery district" and at some point the art was removed. I think it was "scary" or had "gang ties" or something dumb.

There's also this cool rear end Louis Armstrong piece.

There are more pieces you can see at their website, https://www.prhbtn.com/.

Chief McHeath fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Sep 2, 2021

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

This is loving amazing!

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Schlong Connery
Jan 20, 2014

Pika-Chew
Camden, NJ

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like that there's a good mix of many different types of graffiti in this thread cause I love all of them. From the fancy street art and commisioned murals, to the awesome vandalism of whole train cars or fire extinguishers covering store fronts, to political graffiti and stickers, to the sport of getting your tags or throw ups in the weirdest or most visible spots as possible, it's all great. :sun:

I saw a show in the MIMA museum in Brussels by Akay and Olabo, two Swedish street artists, and it was one of the best museum experiences I've ever had. They often squat places to work on their projects, and the whole show was made from scavenged and stolen bits and pieces from their squatting and urban exploring, and it was all made to be interacted with and touched and climbed through and explored and it was great. Here's some pics from the museum:

A collection of tree limbs that grew to be part of fences:

It was funny because some people were admiring this car from a little distance like standard museum visitors, but because everything was so urban explory I decided to just try the car doors and it turned out you could get into the car and climb through the structure which was like a little house, and you could climb all the way to the top :sun:

And after I left I spotted a bunch of tags around that area of the city :3:

Some more graffiti from that visit to Brussel:

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Ypsilanti

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

In Michigan, what is this mysterious "T387 PRICE" that seems so popular?

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

A building next to the ramp where 78 ends in Jersey City used to have a pixel art slice of pizza on it:

It's not much but I miss seeing it.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
This wasn't deliberate art but it was weirdly fascinating to me. On the way to work, in the middle of the parking space outside, came across a scene of a terrible murder. ten years ago so the quality is bad, sorry

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bossy lady posted:

A building next to the ramp where 78 ends in Jersey City used to have a pixel art slice of pizza on it:

It's not much but I miss seeing it.

Invader is awesome :3:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Paris '06

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

I didn't take this photo but I just want to draw attention to the greatest graffiti of all time that has been standing for decades(?) at this point in Philadelphia. This huge text down the side of a giant abandoned building there and it's:

BONER 4EVER.

All hail BONER 4EVER.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Catastrophe posted:

I didn't take this photo but I just want to draw attention to the greatest graffiti of all time that has been standing for decades(?) at this point in Philadelphia. This huge text down the side of a giant abandoned building there and it's:

BONER 4EVER.

All hail BONER 4EVER.

What on earth is that building?

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Tree Bucket posted:

What on earth is that building?

https://www.inquirer.com/news/philadelphia/boner-4ever-forever-graffiti-beury-building-north-broad-street-philadelphia-20200219.html

quote:

Those heading north on North Broad Street see the vertical graffiti spelling out the words so large that they are visible from Google Maps: “Forever Boner."

Turning around, from the south, the words are flipped: “Boner 4Ever."

Towering over Broad, the imposing Art Deco building that housed the National Bank of North Philadelphia, listed in the National Register of Historic Places, is best known to Philadelphians for this public art.

seems like that's my best guess

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Boner is cool: https://instagram.com/he_so_bad?utm_medium=copy_link

Also check out this Swedish writer’s weird art project, Territorial Pissing. It’s some crazy poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJfb5jyIlKQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP5uUqz4SHk

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Last few shots from my photography walkabout in Cork this week. Might take another walk around the city next week for a few more designs. A local drunkard told me about a great tagging spot by the train tracks that I should check out!

There's a local artist who's been painting different designs over the normally-blank electrical boxes around the city. Some of the designs are quite eye-catching:

This one's on the side of the former courthouse, a building that's going to be demolished soon :(

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
Here's a crummy cellphone picture of an amazing mural I drove past today.

The artists insta is Alexarzu

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

This one is right around the corner from my house. It took them a year or so to complete? I should've taken progress pictures and then done a nifty time lapse, but eh, effort. The scene is from this classic movie about a dirt-poor dude whose only dream in life is to eat a whole-rear end turkey by himself, and when his wife finally gets and cooks him one, death (the dude in the huge sombrero) comes to claim him, lol. So he does a deal with death to share the turkey. The scene is where they're discussing the lives of humans, each candle is a human life. I'm amazed at how photorealistic the mural is.

Here's the trailer for said movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZotWX03Z6NI

This one is further down the same road but still in my 'hood. I have zero idea who these guys are but they're probably from the same 'golden' era of Mexican cinema.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Don't have a photo, but I was recently travelling by train with my husband, as he pointed out a long concrete fence to me. I dunno why it was there, but people sure weren't happy since it had a bunch of holes in it. Most were human-sized, but one was smaller, at around the chest level.

Well around it someone drew a crude goatse. That's my street art story.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

"Let there be a civilian investigative review
ALL THE COVIDECEPTION CRIMINALS TO JUSTICE!"

I wish I had something positive to share, as it is the fact I took this inciting nonsense down will have to do.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

kazr posted:

Someone tags "penis girl" all over Portland, I'll see if u can get a pic when I run to the store

This isn't mine but someone else just posted this online today so I'm stealing it:

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Lmfao this is loving amazing

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Bonus dog. Good dog.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love the graffiti faces my neighbor Janisdeman paints around our city/country:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

ekuNNN posted:

I love the graffiti faces my neighbor Janisdeman paints around our city/country:

drat I love this! :h:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
those googly eye pieces look incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Really digging this one.

I need to go down town and get some pics.