Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
The baron is one of the best factions in the game. If you get bored and decide to take the fight to Hell, go capture every cloud town/citadel you can. You'll get phantasmal units in the yearly conscription. Useful for a lot of things, but really useful because all of their weapons are magical, which fucks up a lot of the endgame stuff and demons in particular IIRC

IMO you also can't go wrong with blood. High Priestess has really good archers and very good (although sorta pricey) summons from start to finish. Priest King has a lot of different ways to get rolling, and the mid-tier/endgame summons are wrecking machines.

Also check out the Troll King. One man Troll army with middling units, but expands quickly :ssh: and gets really powerful when Mom shows up :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
I used to play Quickstart but I played with a goon one time and they said not to use it so I stopped. Tbh it does what it says, but I dont know that it makes any specific game more fun/winnable. It just sorta pushes problems around.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

Definitely would move more units,
There was a mobile version (coe2?) but I don't think it ever updated to run on modern android.

i think mobile got up to coe3?

to add - coe6 needs more interaction with the world. Make spells/items that change more tilesets, make an auto-boat item, have better/longer interactive quests, better ways to purchase items/maybe smith them yourself?

also some balance to the world-loving endgame. Having a meteor drop across the map or a doorway to hell opening shouldn't be the nearly-automatic loss they are now