Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Oh yeah, same for me, I'm still on as being part of Bristol West.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

crispix posted:

my experience has been that union effectiveness very much comes down to the local reps you happen to have at your place of work. the one i had was comically bad, actually sat in a meeting with me and grossly incompetent management who'd caused me problems, chipping in to argue on their side because she fancied ingratiating herself to them. i asked her afterwards if she understood what a union is and what she was meant to be doing and she took the hump, unsurprisingly

i complained about her to the union's central office and the guy they sent since then has been great and knows a lot of stuff

i'd recommend anyone not having good representation or whatever not to write off a union because of it, just ask for someone else

This is definitely the case, I have even seen reps for probably the strongest unions in the country cock up meetings and turn their local members off purely by being shite (also how can you remain the union rep when you recently applied for the manager job?) The ideal balance is someone who is knowledgeable and happy to upset people without going full table banging cartoon character.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

My union rep was a nice old guy who was completely ineffective and the managers made fun of

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

My union rep was very clear to everyone that he was taking the position because he wanted to make himself harder to fire. He's actually turned out to be surprisingly alright considering, but not great.

Personally I don't really see the point of the Labour register anymore, it's not like anyone's doing an entryism.

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

Flee from th' terrifyin' evil of "NHS"!

a pipe smoking dog posted:

The whole point of the thing is that it was a miracle and only Samson could answer the riddle because he was the only one who has witnessed the miracle.

Because of this I personally think the Philistines were justified in feeling that Samson had broken one of the major rules of riddles, though their response of threatening to murder his wife and family was probably a bit ott and things got a bit out of hand from there on. (For those who may not know their Bible this episode ends with Samson braining 1000 Philistines with a donkey's jaw, setting a model of conflict resolution which would dominate the middle east to the present day)

Rotting meat smells sweet though, Samson knew what he was doing. Riddles are bullshit wordgames anyway.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
*walks into ancient Ashdod*
You've heard of the weakness of Achilles, but what is the strength of Bophades?

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Red means good, right?

x

And this is before the full tax and food checks start :rip:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

sinky posted:

Red means good, right?

x

And this is before the full tax and food checks start :rip:
Britane salmon exports bonanza is post brexit windfall says the mail, no do not look at the rest of the chart just look at the salmon JUST LOOK AT THE SALM

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Britane salmon exports bonanza is post brexit windfall says the mail, no do not look at the rest of the chart just look at the salmon JUST LOOK AT THE SALM

imports from EU country Lithuania almost double year on year

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
It's always good to juxtapose the UK attitude towards Ireland i.e. "stupid thick loving paddies causing trouble" with the economic reality that we're a huge chunk of all UK exports. Kinda crazy how small a chunk Germany is

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Sep 2, 2021

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Borrovan posted:

Personally I don't really see the point of the Labour register anymore, it's not like anyone's doing an entryism.

I am staying in for now, because if Starmer keeled over with a heart attack the left could still (as yet) seize power, but I also think the list should be removed.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

If nothing else we know twatson is capable of googling this thread, gives the right a convenient list of people to expel.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Failed Imagineer posted:

It's always good to juxtapose the UK attitude towards Ireland i.e. "stupid thick loving paddies causing trouble" with the economic reality that we're a huge chunk of all UK exports. Kinda crazy how small a chunk Germany is

Ex-empires are hilarious like that, they've got no ability to gauge reality as far as their former holdings are concerned.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

loving lol

https://twitter.com/LabourList/status/1433426421230157839?s=20

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

That may be in response to the last election campaign, where there were too many policy announcements. It can’t be in relation to the current party, can it? :ohdear:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Appear more ambitious and compassionate by shutting the gently caress up, Keith.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"The one policy we did announce, people told us that 'minimum wage of 40p less than the Tories by 2024' was a bit poo poo, so better not announce any more."

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
"Wages should be set by the free market :smug:"

https://twitter.com/ewangibbs/status/1433391952070942723?s=19

"No not like that :smith: "

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oh my god I clicked through.

Love that it's piss diamond coloured.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

quote:

Published by Labour in Communications, a group made up of Labour supporters working in communications, Fit for the Future made a number of recommendations on how the party can regain power at the next election, including:

“Integrating and investing in digital, placing it at the core of the communications strategy;
“Reintroducing a pledge card of announcements to tie together different policies;
“Embracing and developing relationships with businesses of all sizes;
“Creating a political cabinet with a mandate to deliver Labour’s message to the public, comprised of senior figures from within the shadow cabinet and regional leaders where Labour is in power;
“Holding shadow cabinet meetings outside of London on a rotational basis to detoxify the party’s London-centric image; and
“Refocusing Labour’s message to the public to be centered on our vision for the country, and not our own internal issues.”

So it's literally just some loving buncha nerds made a PDF, led by "former party leader neil kinnock" (when the gently caress was he party leader???) and we have to INVEST IN DIGITAL, PLEDGE CARDS

E: oh wait neil kinnock sorry I thought it was the other kinnock, also I thought that neil kinnock was dead lmao.

If you want to read the hell pdf yourself:

https://labourlist.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Fit-for-the-future.pdf

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Sep 2, 2021

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I will give them that putting regional leaders more in the spotlight is probably a good move.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Integrating and investing in digital, placing it at the core of the communications strategy;
I will invest in the digital, we invented digital, I have many friends who are excellent at digits. We're going to have more numbers than anyone else.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57NH-GXbkQM&t=260s

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

they keep using photos from 2017/2019 because they'd have to loving pay people from an agency to hold signs like that since

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Big fan of the idea that if you move the shadow cabinet into a room in hull for a meeting it will magically make them less london centric.

E: what the gently caress

quote:

The group stated that Labour has announced over 200 non-Covid related policies since Starmer became leader, and argued that “simply announcing fewer policies would ensure that the ones they do announce would get more cut through”.

What the gently caress is a policy to these people?

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Sep 2, 2021

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

Big fan of the idea that if you move the shadow cabinet into a room in hull for a meeting it will magically make them less london centric.

E: what the gently caress

What the gently caress is a policy to these people?

They've been very clear on the Alpaca Question.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I can only assume if that keith expresses an opinion on what he wants for lunch that is counted as a policy.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

I can only assume if that keith expresses an opinion on what he wants for lunch that is counted as a policy.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They've just issued so many policies that none of them got through at all.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Oh dear me posted:

I am staying in for now, because if Starmer keeled over with a heart attack the left could still (as yet) seize power, but I also think the list should be removed.

As the one who came up with the idea, I'm fine with it being removed :shrug:

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
In a way it's reassuring to get these sort of confirmations that the Labour Right really are as detached, deluded and generally useless as we think they are.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
wut uggs bunuduct

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Failed Imagineer posted:

A final solution, as it were. :downsgun:

Z the IVth fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Sep 2, 2021

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

OwlFancier posted:

So it's literally just some loving buncha nerds made a PDF, led by "former party leader neil kinnock" (when the gently caress was he party leader???) and we have to INVEST IN DIGITAL, PLEDGE CARDS

E: oh wait neil kinnock sorry I thought it was the other kinnock, also I thought that neil kinnock was dead lmao.

If you want to read the hell pdf yourself:

https://labourlist.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Fit-for-the-future.pdf

{{dooodly doo}} {{doodly doo}}
In days of yore
before you were bore (as in born not boring LOL)
There was a pillock
Called Neil kinnock
Who fell in the sea
And did a terrible rally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh8ktNsie0I

we're alright

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TOgB3Smvro

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/philbc3/status/1433365951458721796?s=19

Won't somebody think about the portrait of the queen!?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i hope dawlabawn drew big glasses and a moustache on it

and buck teeth

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
leaving all your staff behind to die so you can evacuate all the dogs and paintings

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Next James Bond movie should be a movie about him going into Afghanistan to bring back home a portrait of the Queen.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
lol remember that big freaka nature off Pointless that time, "over to you, ma'am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smug:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Gorn Myson posted:

Next James Bond movie should be a movie about him going into Afghanistan to bring back home a portrait of the Queen.

much more appropriate plot for another Bean movie imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The taliban are going to destroy the psyche of the britsh by printing out pictures of the queen and then ripping them up.

Every time you do it it weakens her power. That's why she's on the money.