Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

SSE were taken over by Ovo recently.

SSE sold one of their divisions (retail) to OVO, who now own that division completely and run it as an effective private label brand.

(Partly because it’s retail arm ran a large amount of turnover for little profit given the market, and also because it was a loving nightmare to update systems against challengers and regulation.)

SSE still exists though, a fund has bought a large amount of their shares on the quiet and is attempting to split the business again, with regulated transmission and distribution, energy trading and a small services arm being hived off from its very profitable renewables division.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

His soufflés will be poo poo, how he’s going to stop himself beating the egg whites?

:lol: as if he’d beat the whites

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

Well, it's a woman, so you've all outed yourselves as massive chauvinists. So far her swiss rolls were shite, don't worry I'll keep the thread updated even if noone gives a poo poo

I’m half watching it, but it’s fallen into the trap over the last three or four seasons of having to increase the jeopardy so that the ads have something to concentrate on and it’s really loving dull now.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

usually they beat people with batons

French bread week is next episode too

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Don't forget Centrica, which owns the actual gas network, just recently closed the largest gas storage facility in the country because - after years of private sector efficiency - it was dangerous, and uneconomical to repair. Of course unspoken in that decision was the fact that Centrica make more money from this kind of shortage - natural gas demand is extremely inelastic, even more so than electricity, because it's not like most people are absent-mindedly leaving the cooker on for days at a time and a price rise reminds them to switch it off.

Centrica don't own any network now, it's National Grid at Transmission level, then Cadent (McQuarie, Qatar), SGN (Canadian Pensions), NGN (Hong Kong Investment Firms) and Wales and West (Hong Kong Investment Firms)

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Yeah I brain-farted there and I really can't work out how (maybe some distant tattered synapse remembering that they were once British Gas so owned the whole lot? Who can tell).

Point remains though, there's almost no slack in the gas network any more, because there's no economic incentive to guard against sudden price shocks - the big players are perfectly happy to absorb the occasional spike (especially as they're generally also wholesalers) if it saves them day-to-day costs in the good times, and the fact that it drives the smaller players out of the market is a happy side effect.

Oh absolutely, the drive to JIT deliver utilities is a loving nightmare.

Funny how HK own the gas and electricity distribution networks for London as well. I can't imagine the same flying anywhere else tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

keep punching joe posted:

Humza Yousaf announces the Scottish Vaccine Certification App and a million chuds in Rangers shirts cry out in anguish.

Also Scotgoons, you'll need to use this app to get into public events in a couple of weeks.

https://twitter.com/HumzaYousaf/status/1443611815720665088

I don’t think you can blame all the discord between the SNP and rangers fans on the fans at the minute.