Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Anti vaxxers are a form of domestic terrorism which is promoted by Russian and Chinese troll farms to weaken the west and its available manpower in the event of a war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

When you've dropped 80 grand on something you kinda gotta convince yourself, and therefore others, it was A Good Decision, against all evidence

Ah, bitcoin “”investors””

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Lady Demelza posted:

From a few pages back, but

Our old IT person, before they were austeritied out of a job, was aghast that everyone begged them not to touch the slow and clunky software we used, because it was so much better than the previous system we had to work with. Her attitude was "it could be so much better" and ours was "it could be so much worse".

We had one computer on Microsoft Access 2007 and IE9 long, long after support was dropped, because the company was too cheap update some business critical software to a version that could run off literally anything else. It was an embarrassment. We had to hide the computer from IT.

I work for a Fortune 500 engineering company now. Part of my daily
Routine is using Remote Desktop to login to a server running windows server 2003 in order to open an access 2007 database to do revision controls. Yes this as stupid as it sounds. The worst part? There are three other identical systems that have no reason to exist but also need filling in. This company is a mess and a joke and is very much coasting at this point. I genuinely don’t know how we make money.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Personally can't wait for the labour right to have kier starmer whacked by the sun/daily mail/times/telegraph goon sqaud for losing an election by 200 seats and then replacing him under the new rules even less qualified or electable with even less policies. Tony benn was right.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Elective monarchy, the obvious middle ground between full republic and full monarchy.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

My da works with a younger tree surgeon who actually was in the paras and so you hear some great things like they don't provide the right size of boot and other basic poo poo like that. Very cool.

Almost like the military industry complex is dedicated to making money rather than making useful military equipment. The government should nationalise the lot and make it fit for purpose. There’s a reason why France and Israel are hot poo poo on military equipment.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Re: that spaceport. It’s a complete loving boondoggle since the further from the equator you are the more energy you need to launch the rocket into a stable orbit. This makes launching from as close the equator as physically possible the most efficient possible launch site. It’s why the Eu uses french guinea for this purpose, and why America uses the south coast of Florida.

Launching from Scotland imposes huge efficiency losses that makes it fundamentally unviable unless you’re, for instance, using it as a method to harvest huge tax incentives to do very little, or launching things into polar orbits which don’t tend to be hugely popular.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Aidan_702 posted:

Can’t believe I voted for Keith gently caress this I just want to go back

Keith with the incredibly strong play of outright admitting he’ll lie to anyone about anything to gain power and you shouldn’t trust him as far as you could throw him. Let’s see how it plays out with the electorate :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

keep punching joe posted:

They love being lied to, as long as the liar is wearing steeltoed boots and wrapped in a big union fleg.

Imagine a Union Jack patterned jackboot stamping on a human mouth that’s licking the boot forever