Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

What do they say if actual London Bridge falls down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Someone has just said to me “…and now with rumours of another lockdown…”

First I’ve heard of it - does anyone have any detail on said rumours, and if there’s anything to them?

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Is Mermaids still a good charity to donate to? I need to get rid of some beetles and fancy woodlice and will do so for a donation in lieu of payment.

(if anyone wants some beetles or fancy woodlice maybe drop me a line or whatever)

Sanford fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Sep 29, 2021

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

feedmegin posted:

TIL there is such a thing as designer bred woodlice I guess :gonk:

Sanford posted:

List of Fancy Woodlice I Own in Order of How Much I Like Them, With Pictures

1) Armadillidium maculatum

2) Armadillidium klugii montenegro

3) Armadillidium vulgare

4) Porcellio laevis "orange"

5) Cubaris murina

6) Porcellio laevis "dairy cow"

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

All joking aside if anyone has a job that involves sitting in the same place all day a jar with a bit of moss and some fancy woodlice scrumbling about will brighten your day no end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Angrymog posted:

I am kind of interested in some of the red and black ones - how big a jar do they need, and do you just give them bits of rotten wood or plant based kitchen waste to eat?

My dad has a colony in a sweetie jar that’s probably about six inches tall - one of those plastic jobs modelled to look like an old glass one. I burned a few ventilation holes round the top, put in an inch of soil, a few bits of wood, moss on top and then some leaves. My dad adds a new leaf once every couple of weeks and bits of veg every couple of days, as needed. The colony does so well I have to keep taking them out to stop the jar getting overcrowded. The main danger in such a small enclosure is getting them too wet, or too dry.

If you want to give it a go I’ll be happy to send you a dozen for a starter colony.

suck my woke dick posted:

Missing some Porcellio expansus :colbert:

I got some P. hoffmannseggi instead - I need to update my list!