Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Guavanaut posted:

He stumbles upon a valid point that during paedogeddon there was a big confusion about what exactly the law was supposed to be doing wrt child protection, and a bit like how we can't ever agree whether prison should be for segregation, rehabilitation, or punishment, so it ends up being poo poo at all of them, we can't agree on how best to minimize the actual harm and exploitation of children and so end up lashing out in wild directions, but there must be a thousand better ways to say that while sounding like less of a nonce.

You're being too kind here, there's a reason Rod Liddle walks like a nonce and quacks like a nonce, and it's not because he's a duck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Tesseraction posted:

Now now, he never specified if those Samaritans are good or bad.

That bible story always bugged me.

Jesus might not have been saying "Imagine that one of those filthy Samaritans was the only helpful person on the road!" but if you've called your modern organisation 'The Samaritans' and forgotten to include the "good" part somehow is like calling your organisation 'The [N-Words]'.

Which wouldn't fly for obvious reasons, so why is is OK to discriminate against Samaria?

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Then: BREXIT will free us of the perfidious EU's global warming conspiracy.

Now: Um... bit warm out innit?

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

A few bad apples

Yeah. but what are you supposed to do when you find a few bad apples?

Bin the rest, and bleach the fuckin' barrel.

That's what the metaphor means!

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Wouldn't it be awful if someone without the proper credentials drove an HGV full of petrol into Scotland Yard.

Just terrible! Thankfully there are measures in place to make sure such a ridiculous scenario could never happen.