Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

crispix posted:

that mr bean is very funny, he gets into some right pickles in his wee car there hehehehehe

a running joke was that he harassed and abused a disabled driver though :/
The Reliant Robin driver was disabled? I didn’t know I was missing out on Bean Lore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Now enjoying the peculiar mental image of a 7-foot tall goth wearing £600 trousers casually emerge from a beaten-up three wheeler

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Maximum Tory option: it’s actually just the one Pacer serving as all three

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

learnincurve posted:

I have a friend who converts stuff into burger vans and it’s surprisingly easy to do. You use huge water bottles, generators, and gas bottles and freeze your arse off in winter or get lucky and get it hooked into the electricity supply so you can run a small heater.
I was going to say at that point you might as well get some corrugated metal and just cobble together a shed, then I realised this whole thing is just *taps head meme* it’s not a shanty town if it’s official government infrastructure

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

E: Nevermind, reread and you did say

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

BREXIT MEANS you can discharge effluent without meeting the conditions in your permit

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Nothing?? This is Starmer’s biggest win to date

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

quote:

“I phoned Camelot and they fobbed me off with some story that -6 is higher - not lower - than -8 but I'm not having it.”
lol come the gently caress on

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Guavanaut posted:

Even in the mid 18th century members of the Royal Society were debating whether the whole idea of negative numbers was bollocks (centuries after China, India, and the Levant accepted them as par for the course, lol), so it doesn't surprise me if it just doesn't enter into some ways of thinking.

I guess it's gotten a lot more common now with the idea of personal debt/credit/overdraft, but scratch card companies probably don't want to make people think about that too much.
Relatedly, I could never get my head around imaginary numbers and thought it was all nonsense until I saw this YouTube series which explains it all very well (as well as making the point that people used to think negative numbers and fractions were bollocks too)

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

multijoe posted:

Please, if you're still in Labour, leave and let it die. It is a party completely beyond saving and you're just forestalling the collapse that needs to happen before anything new can emerge from the wreckage
Anybody still paying to be in the Labour Party should just have an honest conversation with themselves and find a local sex worker to provide them with the humiliation and abuse they obviously crave

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

do we get a referendum on who's inside the rocket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

https://twitter.com/ZainudeenT/status/1443601264655441925