Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Mrs ghost works in a museum and they've had a visit from an unnamed former MP who now makes tv programmes about trains. She was going to get him to sign a Bradshaw's guide and give it to me for Christmas as a joke but he was such a knobhead she didn't bother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Love every politician just waiting for an opportunity to whip out the 'my dad was infinitely cooler and objectively a better person than me' card at all times

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Crossing my fingers for supergav to continue his stumbling ascension to the highest office in the land and somehow inexplicably get foreign secretary

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

1965917 posted:

What the gently caress? What did Reginald D. Hunter ever do to her?

Putting on my 'dead football forum mod' hat to remind everyone of the time the FA booked him for their Christmas party and he did his usual routine and they tried to get a refund because its not funny when those types say the word back at you

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I watch panto for the plot

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Possibly controversial take - the early series of only fools and horses before it was just Christmas specials and del boy became a yuppie caricature were actually good and an accurate and sympathetic portrayal of trying to get by in a country that has no interest in helping you

Would be very funny if the government commissioned more shows about the misery of living under conservatism because they missed the point and just saw 'british' and 'mostly white faces'

the sex ghost fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Sep 16, 2021

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The real UK gold sitcom debate is whether the good life is praxis or actually just PMC suburban bores playing make believe. Also whether they were wife swapping with the neighbours (definitely were)

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

goddamnedtwisto posted:

which does actually bring up a good point - when was the last TV show (or popular media generally) where the police were the bad guys? I feel like it was around 1997 and I don't feel like that's a coincidence.

2003 had the bent coppers in Early Doors who would turn up at the pub for free drinks offering to sell on stolen goods, and were always sort of vaguely threatening iirc

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
This all made me remember the thin blue line, perhaps the all time example of 'awful show with catchy theme tune'. Still find myself whistling it when I'm taking the bins out or other menial tasks

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Next Tory manifesto is 14000 pages of 'remember when the milk came in glass bottles' in different fonts and sizes

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Julio Cruz posted:

the Simpsons peaked with the softball episode and it's been downhill ever since

Watching the series back as an adult it was actually the soapbox derby episode which was just sort of an alright episode when I was a kid and now it makes complete sense and was one of the few times homer was a relatable sympathetic dad

The line 'ill just sit here in lil lightning - the car that the simpsons built - and remember that for one brief moment I had a son' hits hard when you're a grown up and realise it's not Bart he's mad at

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
They didn't have flakes in the war, todays fat entitled children could do with some shortages to teach them how good they have it. We'll just grow our own vegetables as I, who wasn't alive in the war, never had to do. Furthermore,

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Christ that name brings me back, my job for years was just ringing lowell and other third party collection companies and saying 'you what mate' until they stopped sending letters. Seconding your advice to challenge it - best case they realise they can't enforce the debt because it's too old or the bill is wrong, worst case they decide they can't be arsed chasing it and pass it back to the original company so at least you're speaking to the people who can actually fix it

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
We're bringing back slave eco galleys, friendly to Johnny sunflower and an invaluable source of exercise and hands-on work experience

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Does this increase the chance of Blair getting another leadership bid because if so I'm all for it. Him, Jess, Duffield, Kinnock jr and errr David Lammy so they can say they're not racist and also kick him out of the race at the first round because he once did a rude tweet about the police

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

There's a Met detective on Bakeoff this year so 5 minutes into the first episode I've identified my season enemy

Given their propensity for forgetting to turn on their equipment there's every chance he'll end up not switching his oven on and get eliminated. fingers crossed

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Are these ones an op as well or are they good. they seem a bit fathers 4 justice

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Just dont pay your bills. what are they gonna do send a man round to count the electricity lmao

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
knock knock yes hello im the 'gas man' and i've come to count up all the times you've turned the cooker on and then you have to pay me for it

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I want my labour leader to be as far removed from actual labour as possible

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Knew I should have got a diesel so I could pootle around on vegetable oil for a bit

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
It's going to be very funny at the next election when labour run the world's most expensive campaign pointing out the fuel and food shortages etc and the tories just put out a 30 second ad saying 'jeremy corbyn though' and increase their majority, and by very funny I mean for fucks sake

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Haramstufe Rot posted:

Now what needs to happen is for the bad government to get replaced by a good government, so this whole idiocy can be rolled back.

*Keir kicks door in but only his foot goes through so he's stuck in the door*

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Is there an imperial measure for electricity. How many groats and farthings to a kilowatt hour

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

happyhippy posted:

London Bridge Is Down

Can we have the rest of the day off if it is? Today's dragging

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
drat can't believe twisto accidentally slipped and shot himself twice in the back of the head while in the shower, rip

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
A convoy of white fiat unos are speeding to your home. Or they would be if there was any petrol

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
There will be adequate petrol

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Costco in Liverpool have put the price of unleaded up by 4 bastarding pence because people have been queueing round the block all day. I'm doing all the exasperated red-faced dad noises rn

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

crispix posted:

he's acting like he's making a big reveal on oprah

The real threat to the UK wasn't Jeremy Corbyn or the European fishing quotas, it was actually fake friends and backstabbing two-faced bitches

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
OBR has to be the dream civil service job. Just going 'yeah that's fine' at anything from a ministers mate like quality control at the duff brewery

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Keir Starmer, leader, calling the police on people leaving their bins too close to the kerb party

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
If everyone is a copper are there really any coppers. Progressive policies for a sensible britane

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Love my divinely selected supreme ruler who uses the right pronouns

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Friends of the Police gangtag when

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

crispix posted:

who replaces starmer though lol

The miliband brothers jointly governing under freebird rules

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Hope he has entrance music

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Fondly remembering the 2010 debates and every answer Cameron gave being preceded with 'i recently spoke to a 74 year old black man/one-legged sheet metal worker from Sheffield/Elvis impersonator and they told me that...'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

I really enjoyed the new Bond film, but there's numerous moments where someone in MI6 says "I need to call the Prime Minister" and all I could do was imagine BSJ wibbling on the other end of the line. Actually the whole conceit of Britain exerting any kind of influence overseas seems more and more fanciful. Otherwise good stuff tho

Didn't like the bit in Skyfall when the baddies had to hack into MI6 to steal the list of field agents when the home secretary would have left it on a train or sold it to his mate