Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
My Labour membership finally officially expired a few days ago (or so the hand-wringing automated emails told me) so please can I be struck off the register in the OP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I mean... She staggers so close to an understanding there.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
That's one heck of a ratio

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Failed Imagineer posted:

I see this observation a lot, and I think it's a good rule-of-thumb, but like all English there's gonna be many exceptions so "sounding like a maniac" is a bit much. I think you'll probably sound like a maniac if you use 13 adjectives to describe your Noun regardless

Yeah pretty much, he's definitely exaggerating for comic effect. I have the book that quote is from and it's a very entertaining read.

E: since it's not mentioned in the Twitter, the book is The Elements of Eloquence by Mark Forsyth

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Glad I decided to fill up yesterday rather than leave it till Sunday as was my original plan.

Brexit Britain sure is a thing