Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

namesake posted:

There's a pretty good chance that the Labour conference in late September will either be cancelled or will have a picket outside of it from Unite and GMB workers so no, Starmer will not soon start looking like a PM in waiting soon after. The left refuses to back a literal anti-worker party and the right wing make jokes about how the Labour Party doesnt even have to be in power to cause industrial action these days.

on the one hand :gonk:

on the other hand time to crush centrist dreams sensible career expectations :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Communist Thoughts posted:

God that's the most British thing ever.

Uh oh prevent accidentally referred a white guy for uh... downloading pdfs, how about you do a patronising series of book reports young man

On the one hand yeah locking people up for downloading the anarchist cookbook or whatever is dumb.

On the other hand if you sentence someone for something that's supposed to be a serious crime which makes them a danger to society put them into a psychiatric facility instead of treating them like naughty school boys who got caught doing a prank

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Missing some Porcellio expansus :colbert:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

fire every british cop then rebuild any police force only to the absolute minimum extent required from the ground up. automatically reject any application from former cops. the loss of institutional knowledge is a feature not a bug.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

therattle posted:

Why aren't those police being prosecuted for perjury, as well as assault? (This is a rhetorical question, I sadly know the answer).

if anything, since police are supposed to be trained for their job, the standard for not firing their asses then charging them should be higher than for a random citizen doing a self defense

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

A spectre is haunting the Labour party, apparently.

Honestly I'm beginning to think that both Labour and the Conservatives are assuming that they'll win by default and are using the opportunity to pursue their own agendas.

The tories are pursuing their ideological crushing of the poor and foreign because Labour is in dissarray. Labour are assuming that the tories ate being so nakedly evil that they can purge the left and gently caress about with internal structures and still win. The uniting philosophy on both sides is that 'now is not the time' for better things.

yes, duh

i honestly can't tell if i'd prefer a lovely starmerist copycat blairite with tory-lite characteristics labour to win or if i want the whole party to crash and burn while the conservatives get a landslide with like 25% through fptp stupidity

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Umbra Dubium posted:

Wouldn't it be awful if someone without the proper credentials drove an HGV full of petrol into Scotland Yard.

Just terrible! Thankfully there are measures in place to make sure such a ridiculous scenario could never happen.

you know that if it happened the conclusion would be to put ugly concrete planters all around scotland yard and also lock up some brown people to show resolve, nothing more

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Necrothatcher posted:

If you prosecuted every cop who lied on the stand for perjury you wouldn't have a police force (not necessarily a bad thing).

One of the more common things is cops trying to beef up 'assaulting a police officer' charges by lying about the person being arrested spitting on them - which I've seen repeatedly disproved by bodycam and dashcam footage (like if the defendant was face down on the bonnet of a car the entire time). It's so commonplace that it's honestly not worth reporting, at worst the judge might say something about how disappointed he is in the police witness evidence, but you're lucky if you get that.

again, because police are trained for their loving job the standard should be if they don't act in a squeaky clean way it's assault for a bullshit arrest, perjury for lying about it and also getting fired with a lifetime ban on working in police

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

endlessmonotony posted:

So the current status of Brexit is "we'll force the criminals to drive the guzzoline rigs"?

Carry on.

britain is a bad setting for mad max

while the people are appropriately inbred and deformed, the weather is too miserable most of the year

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Necrothatcher posted:

and then their cop buddy absolutely will not contradict them.

Like, cop witnesses will openly be sat outside courtrooms in little huddles getting their stories straight before giving evidence. It's not even something they bother to hide.

again, code of conduct should be occifers who are to testify get sequestered and not doing that is an instant firing regardless of whether it's guilty or not in court

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

being a police officer should be inconvenient and put you under extra scrutiny. that probably makes it way more expensive but if cops are given powers beyond regular citizens (yeah yeah not technically the case in the uk, except where it actually is, but come on in practice it is for pretty much everything) then making sure cops aren't power tripping assholes should be worth a few quid