Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I guess the judge couldn't think of a single non-white author.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Sanford posted:

What do they say if actual London Bridge falls down

Operation Maj

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So is she a terf, a melt or both? FWIW I listened to the first quarter of Wolf Hall on audiobook and it seems pretty good but I didn't get around to listening to the rest.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Kieth knew. He knew and he let it happen.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I still read it as TotalBiscuit. Who was an arsehole tbf.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I'm going away for a few days tomorrow (finally getting to use an airbnb voucher for a cancelled trip over a year ago). It includes 3h on a train.

So I will be wearing a mask and a visor on the train. Windows don't open on modern trains so ventilation will be crap.

I've no idea how many people might be on the train! If it turns out I'm alone in a carriage I might remove the visor.

Trains are still not as busy as they were pre-apocalypse but barely anyone on them bothers with masks anymore. Be safe.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

They should do an episode where there's no ingredients because the crops have failed

A cooking show where they can only used long life/dry ingredients or tinned goods would be fun.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Weren't people in this very thread claiming that Line Of Duty was brave for showing bent coppers, when in reality it's some of the most blatant copaganda in years lol

Not really? There's barely a handful of cops in the show that aren't scum (and even they're pretty dodgy in their own way) and the whole point is that the rot is far too embedded to fix.

The bent bastards at the top even use the 'few bad apples' defence. It's not subtle.

stev fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Sep 16, 2021

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Our flat has a gas hob and we hate it. It heats pans more quickly but the ignitor is unreliable and my brain makes me check about ten times a day that it's not been left on leaking gas into the flat. If it wasn't owned by the landlord we'd have replaced it ages ago.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I can see the next civil war being triggered by the season cutoff for Bastani's compulsory Simpsons watching. Contrarian that I am I *will* be manning the barricades for the "Season 12 was better than Season 1" falangists.

I was gaslit into believing it didn't get good until season 3/4 for most of my life. Rewatching recently season 1 was actually legit great and a lot more clever than it was later on.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

bessantj posted:

I wonder what kind of mental instability would make you care about having a crown on your pint glass.

Probably the same one that makes you care about your passport being dark blue or your electronics being deadly.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Some rare actually good trans-related news in the UK?

https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/1438855396752515078?s=19

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Absolutely baffled that there are real people out there that don't understand negative numbers my god

Numeracy is pretty terrible across the board in this country. A majority of voters don't understand the very basics of how marginal tax rates work, so it's not surprising that some people can't grasp negative numbers.

If you haven't been properly educated in it then the concept of negative anything is mind blowing.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

forkboy84 posted:

A Sarah Michelle Gellar in every department? Seems extravagant to me, typical public sector bloat

I was trying to work out of it was Sarah Michelle Gellar, SuperMechaGodzilla or a gun.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tbf I'm always nervy using a cash point if someone's hanging around by it.

Weird that fireworks are specifically disallowed during peak firework display season. :iiam:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Sky was fine for us until we upgraded to fibreoptic and the engineer disconnected our basic connection and forgot to plug in the fibre connection leaving us with no internet for a week. Didn't offer to refund that week or anything.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Think I just heard the Sky News bloke call him Keith. Might be wrong though.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Just Another Lurker posted:

Another week, another dose of schadenfreude. :discourse:

Is there a word for schadenfreude that causes you to suffer just as much as your enemies?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

forkboy84 posted:

Enjoying decorating is frankly unhinged and I hope you get the help you need before you do something dangerous.

(It could be that I'm the weirdo here. People keep saying "isn't it satisfying when you're done?" and no, not especially, I just have a mild sense of relief and sadness at time that wasn't spent procrastinating)

Decorating can go gently caress itself but a weekend spent building IKEA furniture is incredibly satisfying.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

keep punching joe posted:

Why's it always North London?

North London famously has no working class people in it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Just Another Lurker posted:

That poor girl never had a chance. :cry:

Literally - what are people supposed to do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

What do they do?