Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

September you say?

https://twitter.com/mrianleslie/status/1396073116221194242

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Failed Imagineer posted:

I see...and when did you first start having these thoughts? :crossarms:

September obv

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/clickbaitrobot/status/1434094663519047684

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Announce a policy that may slightly favour the less well off rather than wealthy pensioners? Can’t see it myself from Keith

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The September bounce back has begun

https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1434449582927323146

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Having ridden along with numerous HGV drivers in recent years it seems to me that being able to reverse the thing properly is the only serious test of skill required. The rest of the job largely consists of
- fiddling your speed limiter so you can go a bit faster
- having one of those little seatbelt buckles on your keyring that you put in the slot to stop the lorry beeping at you while you never wear a seatbelt
- operating at least 2 phones,plus a GPS, plus a dispatch computer, none of them hands free, whilst hammering it down the motorway
- knowing where the cheapest place for a bacon bap is in any given location.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

the sex ghost posted:

Mrs ghost works in a museum and they've had a visit from an unnamed former MP who now makes tv programmes about trains. She was going to get him to sign a Bradshaw's guide and give it to me for Christmas as a joke but he was such a knobhead she didn't bother

I know several people who’ve worked on his TV shows and he is renowned for being a tremendous c*nt

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I’d like to think that lack of access to traditional English Pisswater lager might be the final straw that makes the proles revolt but I fear the love of bootlicking in this country is so great that even a dearth of Stella Artois may not be enough.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Food shortages in the Year 2022 you say?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

OwlFancier posted:

Technically that would make the duppers not british, but I feel like essentially they still would be, british in the soul.

The way things are going I can imagine even the DUP will be clamouring for Irish reunification shortly

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

feedmegin posted:

I mean Blair did exactly this with Prescott in the 90s.

At least Prezza knew how to throw a decent right hook into a gammon’s face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Gripweed posted:

I know this is an ignorant question but I stopped paying attention once Brexit happened and everything didn't instantly explode. But why is this stuff happening now? Wasn't Brexit several months ago, what was the delay between Brexit and all of these problems?

I know this is hard to conceive but imagine if you will the entire world effectively shutting down normal operation for a year and having a bit of a snooze