Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

it really is like a sport for these loving dickheads, isn't it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

goddamnedtwisto posted:

https://twitter.com/CouncilCulture/status/1436289376917540882

The opposite of an effortpost but of all the things to hate about loving pomo architecture, this relentless refusal to just have a loving right angle or an unbroken line is the worst and constitutes a clear and present danger to the innocent drinking population.

(I didn't actually fall over but did have a hell of a wobble because none of the buildings moved right as I walked past)

idk, to be honest this is far from the worst architectural disasters that i've seen, even in london

that whole bit of hotels (?) weird shaped high-rises that look like they're made of plasitc, on the Thames kind of east-ish from Blackwall basin, for example. or most of Blackwall newbuilts, tbh (e: it's called New Providence Wharf and of course it was built by Ballymore)

though the tiny pathetic little trees in boxes kinda make me sad :(

nurmie fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Sep 10, 2021

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Lady Demelza posted:

Some of the little trees in boxes are anti-terror infrastructure. The boxes are designed to withstand vehicles driving into them, but people find them less objectionable if they think they're planters.

why not just line the streets with powerful, imposing oak trees or something. surely they're capable of stopping any vehicle driving into them? i'm sure nothing terror-related will happen in the 100 years or so it takes to grow one oak tree. plus, the roots going everywhere will only help when the time to demolish these architectural atrocities finally comes

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

OwlFancier posted:

Northern Independence Varty.

speaking of, what happened to NIP? they seem to have just kind of fallen off the face of the earth (by which i mean my twitter feed :v:), the last thing i remember seeing them involved in being some weird twitter drama with another small party (iirc)

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

StarkingBarfish posted:

This is a great montage off that woke bane tweet:

i'm not sure what "woke bane" refers to, but now i can't stop imagining a half-Keir Starmer, half-Bane from Dark Knight Rises hybrid creature, an amalgamation of flesh, steel and wet eggs

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

can't help but admire his commitment to resets

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Biggus Dickus posted:

My favourite number is 0x5f3759df because nobody remembers where it came from and the reference source code for it just reads "what the gently caress?" which sums up computer touching quite nicely.

that number is indeed an amazing bit of computer touching, and imo this video does a pretty good job explaining just how amazing it actually is (it's even more amazing than one might suspect):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8u_k2LIZyo

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019
the Brits are a hivemind, you see, the queen being the primary synapse node. all votes are made unanimously, all actions have full support of every single drone unit. thusly every single brit is personally responsible for this clusterfuck. it is known

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Facehammer posted:

poo poo, what happens when she croaks? :ohdear:

guess we might just find out soon enough lol

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019
jo swinson, eyes alight with violence, proclaiming her readiness to nuke each and every alpaca at moments notice if need be, unlike coward jeremy corbyn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

who the gently caress is scraeming "RESIGN" at my house. show yourself, coward. i will never resign.