Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

sending a nazi home to read mein kampf seems a bit on the nose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Just Another Lurker posted:

It's the end of an era, no longer can i rely upon Tesco Tinned Sweet & Sour Chicken to taste as advertised, it was a reliable fallback.

Now it just tastes sour, for the past 6 months at least and i had a few old cans from last year that were lovely.

First world problems.

can you not just add sugar or honey?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

mrpwase posted:

I can't believe I never looked this up before, all I need is a heavy-bottomed saucepan, I've got everything else! I thought golden syrup was made by magic and fairies an all that

add cream for a delicious surprise

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

stev posted:

So is she a terf, a melt or both? FWIW I listened to the first quarter of Wolf Hall on audiobook and it seems pretty good but I didn't get around to listening to the rest.

she’s just got outdated opinions, including that the british public just don’t love having a buffoon as a PM

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

crispix posted:

i don't like the queen, i think she is a mad old bag

i didn’t mind her because i thought she was just a figure head, then it turns out at the very least she’s the head of a huge tax dodging landlord empire

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

sounds like the viz cartoon Daily Male satire but real

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

mediaphage posted:

those seem like big jumps. how stable are rates and changes, generally, in the uk

they go up and don’t go down so very stable

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

you could charge extra for rent because you’d be the only building on the street not to look out onto it

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Failed Imagineer posted:

Surely when you're that overworked your productive output is going to be extremely shoddy. For instance, Starmer Sr. produced Kieth

a bleary eyed 14 hr shift in a tool factory would be prime OSHA thread gif material

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

My dad also thinks that if someone walked out in front of his car and he made no attempt at stopping, he'd get off scot free because they were asking for it. I keep telling him a jury probably wouldn't go for that but he seems convinced that his jury would be composed of 12 My Dads

i think your dads right

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

some italian cooking show did a global warming episode with jelly fish recipes and the viewers were fuming

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

XMNN posted:

greenwich council is waging a war against antisocial behaviour, such as caffeine abuse

https://twitter.com/joncstone/status/1439269610436562947?s=19

bottom inspectors are becoming a reality

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

my internet is with well known oil company shell for some bizarre reason

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Kerbtree posted:

You’re going to poo poo a brick when you learn what cruise ships burn :ssh:

people?!

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

not sure if it’s a bit late but moneysavingexpert let’s you compare energy tarifs and if you join their “club” you can change your provider with fixed rates , sometimes with a few tenners of cashback thrown in

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Lol apparently ambulance drivers are quitting left right and centre to earn 30k more driving HGVs instead. Good job we're not in a health crisis or that would be a real bummer.

christmas is saved!

except for those who need ambulances for their annual granny dumping tradition so they can enjoy themselves while nan sits in a care of the elderly ward

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Failed Imagineer posted:

In more "how could the EU do this to me?" news, I feel like the Daily Mail stance in Brexit has become very confused in recent years. I try to avoid reading them entirely, but have they done a complete U-turn, or just a half U-turn where they ended up getting wedged like a supertanker in the Suez?

the mail on sunday and the daily mail have different editors who habitually take opposing sides on any issue so it could be that

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

didn’t some idiot politician complain a few months ago that people will spend more time researching white goods to save money than their energy bills, which would only take a few minutes of introspection to figure out

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i recall the texas power outage hosed up their meat production so badly because all the mutant cows grew slightly too large for the industrial slaughter machines

basically we’re going to have 6ft turkeys roaming the countryside

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Lord Ludikrous posted:

So update on the fuelpocalypse from my area.

There are abandoned cars everywhere that have have presumably run out of fuel. Picking my partner up and dropping a colleague of hers off before 06:00 today and every petrol station bar one has run completely dry. That one station is now showing all green on Google Maps so I’d wager that has now also run out.

I also had an emergency call out I was due to attend this morning which has been aborted because the crews don’t have enough fuel to make the trip and can’t get any anywhere. My partner also told me more than one person has been suspended at her place after being caught stealing diesel from the HGV fuel supplies they keep in their yard.

People are still driving like morons and in an uneconomical fashion so despite the shortage few seem to be trying to conserve what they have. I pulled out every trick I have in the book and managed to average nearly 52mpg on this mornings run. For a 2 litre petrol I’m pretty pleased with myself not gonna lie.

while i quite like driving my automatic in traffic, i really miss just driving everywhere in fifth gear nice and chill

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

give this new quango a budget in the hundreds of millions and hire all the labour politicos fail children who did economics at uni

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Guavanaut posted:

kieth desperately eyeing the exit there

it’s like the camera man framed rayner deliberately in front of that slogan rather then keir?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

haakman posted:

All this labour stuff re policies... it's just so relentlessly boring. World's on fire and the best they can come up with is this poo poo. Just the most beige, Volvo party.

could even say mondeo man?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Just saw this quote in a comment in the Graun:

lol, is it any wonder they preferred to teach us about the tudor’s despite this stuff having greater influence over our lives

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

what time was this

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Jedit posted:

I don't think that the cervix is removed in a hysterectomy. That may be why it's become the bigot's body part of choice to define a woman, after it was pointed out that women who had had double mastectomies or their uterus removed were still women.

nah it comes out

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

josh04 posted:

Worth mentioning that the current Vice Chair of the all-party parliamentary group on West Papua is one "Jerermoy Croybin"?

disgraceful

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

once again the country is at an inflection point with an unprecedented crisis and neither opposition party seems bothered to even mention it

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Is the Army getting involved?

Military tanker drivers are ready to help deliver fuel.
The BBC has been told that 75 military drivers are on standby initially, and another 75 could be added if needed.
They will get training - which could take up to five days - to prepare for the deployment.
Ministers say it is a "sensible, precautionary step" to offer temporary extra driver capacity.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Guavanaut posted:

In much the same way as Ed Miliband was a North London geek who was bad at sports and had two kitchens and can not eat the bacon sandwich.

how very pro palestinian of you

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

bessantj posted:

She's also my MP. Not sure I'll be voting for her in the next GE.

you could campaign against her in the next GE for bants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the sex ghost posted:

Didn't like the bit in Skyfall when the baddies had to hack into MI6 to steal the list of field agents when the home secretary would have left it on a train or sold it to his mate

or you just look at strava