Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I will give them that putting regional leaders more in the spotlight is probably a good move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Flayer posted:

That line from Starmer can be interpreted both ways depending on your angle, the perfect middle ground. One interpretation (the TERF one) would be that trans women would be excluded from women only spaces, the more charitable explanation that you would hope is correct is that women only spaces should be available to all women. Kieth will carefully avoid making it clear as much as he possibly can.

I vaguely respect the political move of telling journalists stuff like 'we have not changed our position from our 2019 position' in the full knowledge that no journalist will ever check what that position was

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Zalakwe posted:

Someone heard Keith was about to announce a policy, sounds like a false alarm though.

They did one today and it's actually halfway decent:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/sep/23/labour-to-give-first-time-buyers-exclusive-access-to-new-properties

quote:

Labour plans to slash affordable rents and give first-time buyers exclusive rights to purchase new-build homes for six months, it will announce this weekend, as it bids to steal the Conservatives’ claim to be “the party of homeownership”.

Lucy Powell, shadow housing secretary, will say a government led by Keir Starmer will restrict to 50% the number of properties in a development that can be sold to overseas buyers, which in some city locations has created “ghost towers” as investors leave homes empty. Labour also wants to give councils powers to force landowners to sell vacant sites to build new housing at lower prices than the compulsory purchase system currently allows.

Granted, I'm not actually sure what lowering what is considered affordable rent will actually do.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

the sex ghost posted:

There will be adequate petrol

What if I want premium

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

BASTARDON GROUP (Formerly Eddie Stobart Ltd.)