Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I saw one of those white rose stickers in the car park of a very small and obscure nature reserve near my house the other day. It was more ambiguous than the one ITT, and while I immediately suspected anti vax, I nurtured some small hope that it might be something cool and / or good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
I've bought some fudge! Gutted that the peanut butter and lemon meringue pie flavours were already gone though.

Also, camrath, the mobile site experience is a bit crap. You have to click the fudge you want, then get taken to a new page to select how much you want, then have to manually navigate back to the main selection page again from the drop down option on the the top right. Way more complex and arduous than it needs to be.

Please don't spit in my fudge :(

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

Jedit posted:

The best part being that Raducanu is a Romanian immigrant, so the usual scum can't crow about how we got our first women's champion in 45 years as soon as we left the EU.

Oh, no, they can and they will. You're making the mistake of thinking they give a gently caress about consistency or hypocrisy.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

The Question IRL posted:

I would love to watch a program where someone actually follows through on people's disproportionate threats of violence over minor etiquette infractions.

Like a drama where this woman does brutally murder five men and explains that the reason she did it was because they were eating crisps on a train, as if it is the most blindingly obvious case of provocation ever.

Or someone stabbing a person to death in am office because they didn't put their phone on silent.

Maybe make it into an urban paranormal series.

You might want to watch classic Michael Douglas movie 'Falling Down'...

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
Line of Duty is more about how institutional corruption is all pervasive, and that even if there are 'good' cops (all of whom are actually deeply flawed and lovely in many ways), their actions are utterly powerless in the face of the Establishment protecting its own.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
Americans announced last night that their retaliatory drone strike in Afghanistan last week didn't actually kill a bunch of militants like they said, but actually 10 civilians, including children, but they're vewwy vewwy sowwy.

I know it's not UK news, but it's so loving depressing, and sums up the whole horrible war in one pointless, murderous, vindictive nutshell.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
So virtually all the petrol stations in my town have run out of fuel. Both diesel and petrol. Kind of unnerving (and irritating). But there's nothing about a fuel crisis in the press at all (which is bizarre given how expensive it's got over the last couple of months. Guess talking about it would be doing down Britain).

Should we all be filling up jerry cans while feverishly chain smoking, or is it just some random localised thing?

Edit : oh wait poo poo it's suddenly
national news. gently caress

The Perfect Element fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Sep 23, 2021

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
Lol a bloke filling up jerry cans at the BP garage near my house now. Good stuff.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

Jel Shaker posted:

what time was this

Between 0630 and 0700. He was pretty good, provided some delicious dawn schadenfreude.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

peanut- posted:

Random question of the kind that people in this thread often know the answer to. Do rental car places typically have their own petrol supply on site?

I'm meant to pick up a hire car on Friday and will be absolutely stuffed if I get off the train at Newcastle and then get told "soz guv no petrol" (in a Geordie accent)

I'd be surprised. They always get you to refill the tank before you return it. Can't see that it would make sense for them to invest in the infrastructure necessary to have their own supplies.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
Keith talking about his shop floor dad again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
I thought they meant that they were just going to give all the woodlice directly to Mermaids. Which, while it's a very kind thought, may not be appreciated as they cascade through the letter box.