Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
leaving all your staff behind to die so you can evacuate all the dogs and paintings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
from a purely mercenary perspective, taxing the people who vote the least does make sense

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Failed Imagineer posted:

It would be cool if there were some videogames where you could headshot Swiss bankers tho

the third level of Hitman has a Swedish one if that's close enough for you

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Chubby Henparty posted:

Out on the town having the time of my life with a bunch of friends. They're all just out of frame, laughingstrangling llamas too.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

keep punching joe posted:

The proms is another reason to destroy the UK as a political entity.

yeah who likes cheap concerts with world-class musicians anyway

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
there's gonna be like 5 asterisks to each part of that policy

BAN ZERO HOURS CONTRACTS*****

*but only for over 25s
*but only for UK citizens
*but not if you've been unemployed for more than 12 months
*but your employer can unilaterally put you onto zero hours any time during your probation
*but supermarkets are exempt

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Surprise T Rex posted:

a one-hour contract is significantly better than a zero hour one because at least you can count on a specific number of hours worth of wages on a week to week basis

yes that whole one guaranteed hour of work is really going to pay for a whole load of stuff

efb twice

there will be literally no difference except the number 0 will be crossed out and replaced with a 1

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

My dad also thinks that if someone walked out in front of his car and he made no attempt at stopping, he'd get off scot free because they were asking for it. I keep telling him a jury probably wouldn't go for that but he seems convinced that his jury would be composed of 12 My Dads

I’m surprised he’s not spending the day doing laps of the M25 in the hope of finding an XR protest to run over

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

keep punching joe posted:

Luckilly the tab was still open in my browser.

there is no way this is true but I'm choosing to believe it anyway

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

1965917 posted:

What the gently caress? What did Reginald D. Hunter ever do to her?

be black at her, I assume

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Dead Goon posted:

Pounds, pence and shillings sure, but then there are guineas and what the gently caress are they for?

livestock

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

kecske posted:

my car gets forty rods to the hogshead

rods to the hogshead is Boris's favourite hobby

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the Simpsons peaked with the softball episode and it's been downhill ever since

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
after the incredible success of skills wallets, the new flagship Lib Dem policy is skills wallets for kids

they are so incredibly loving useless

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
one of the other companies will buy them out rather than risk them getting taken into public ownership

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
it makes me so happy that we have our own Tesla defender ITT :allears:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Comrade Fakename posted:

I don't drive, so really don't have much interest in it, but I am a bit interested in green technology stuff, and I've got to say it's pretty bizarre how on SA and left Twitter Teslas are the worst cars ever made and incredibly unsafe and constantly explode, while literally everywhere else I look they're widely considered to be good cars that people like.

the Tories are also popular in most places that aren't SA or left twitter

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

but but but you can't trust left Twitter to be objective, lots of people want their cars to turn head on into oncoming traffic

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
maybe we're all just jealous that our cars are unlikely to incinerate us instantly and release us from this hellworld

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Update: the cop has managed to beat a nice man with a model train shop.

usually they beat people with batons

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

drat

Someone fired 3 gunshots just across the street from where I live about 15 mins ago and I believe someone has been murdered

trying to get that alibi established early I see

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Failed Imagineer posted:

I had to confirm on WhoSampled, but apparently yes Cranberries-Zombie has been sampled a surprising number of times

no, that's just all in your head

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
they really sent that guy onto TV news and didn't expect that he'd be asked the extremely obvious question about his own home? didn't think to maybe coach him on a response that wasn't panicked deflection?

they're even less competent than XR and that's saying something

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

FiftySeven posted:

I got an email through from Bulb 2 days ago saying that my electricity usage in my shop was higher than their assumed usage from my old provider and therefore I owed them £450 and my monthly payments needed to go up by £300. Needless to say, that was absolutely ludicrous and when I checked, they hadn't had a meter reading from the so called smart meters in 3 months since it was installed and somehow came to the insane conclusion that I would have used 4 times the energy I actually had done when you look at my meter.

What the actual gently caress are they playing at with this poo poo? They didn't get a reading from their own equipment so they just make a random guess and charge according to that rather than contacting me and asking for me to check it?

Needless to say, I had to contact the bastards and got my payments reduced back down and my account re-debited back into credit, but I am pretty angry with them

if I was running an energy company that was potentially going out of business in the next month or so I'd probably be trying to squeeze every last penny out of my customers that I could tbh

obviously I'd need to be an absolute bastard but it's not like I'd have got into that position without being one

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
surely if Streeting is running then Jessflaps will do the same

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Bond steals a thousand times more money from all the bad guys he's killed than he gets from MI5

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

serious gaylord posted:

It could charge upignite a dozen teslas an hour.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I'd be shocked if anyone who might potentially heckle was allowed within a mile of the main conference room

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the left even existing is "playing into the right's hands"

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Comrade Fakename posted:

I’m at the conference and I saw a terf and an anti-vaxxer screaming at each other.

I didn't realise there were mirrors there

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

happyhippy posted:

You can get emergency passports, my dad and brother had to get ones to goto the US when my uncle had a stroke.
So poo poo can get fast tracked if they want to do so.

no-one is going to go through all that poo poo just so they can deliver a truckload of lovely lager to Southend though

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1441865718266413063?s=19

How many shoot Alpacas would Keith shoot if Keith could shoot shoot Alpacas

Minus Five Alpacas

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

mediaphage posted:

lmao unbelievable

that'll be because what the Observer describes as a "plan to fight antisemitism" will actually be along the lines of "kick supporters of Palestine out of the party"

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Labour are so loving useless they didn't consider that the person they sent on the media rounds might actually get asked a question that was asked of the party leader the day before, and so didn't give them a prepared answer consisting of something more than a string of plosives

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
looks like Jezza's finally learnt to stick the knife in

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
eels are good, eels are good

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

goddamnedtwisto posted:

An actual Good Post from Julio Cruz, truly these are the End Times.

it had to happen eventually

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

peanut- posted:

Random question of the kind that people in this thread often know the answer to. Do rental car places typically have their own petrol supply on site?

I'm meant to pick up a hire car on Friday and will be absolutely stuffed if I get off the train at Newcastle and then get told "soz guv no petrol" (in a Geordie accent)

it should be full when you pick it up, since you're meant to return it with a full tank

if it's not, make sure to take a picture of the gauge before you leave the site, and make sure that one of their people acknowledges it as such, otherwise you'll be on the hook for topping up the tank for the previous customer

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
shame she's never going to get enough nominations for a leadership contest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

replies turned off

she doesn't even have the courage of her convictions, what a loving coward