Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Also as a young adult when I played it I was unimpressed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Wait, doesn't TGS start today, why are we talking about Persona

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Looper posted:

being targeted at a younger audience isn't an excuse to be bad, which persona 4 is

luckily its good

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

teh average ff7 liker being instantly repelled by characters that arent robots (also why they will stan persona 3) and a combat system thats fun

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

teh average ff7 liker being instantly repelled by characters that arent robots (also why they will stan persona 3) and a combat system thats fun

what game are you describing

it's certainly not p4

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If you're attacking aigis you will feel my blade

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

in many ways persona 4 is the "yellow" persona, not the least of which because of the way it turns mementos yellow in smash

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Andrast posted:

what game are you describing

it's certainly not p4

mad?? going to cry about it??

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

oddium posted:

in many ways persona 4 is the "yellow" persona, not the least of which because of the way it turns mementos yellow in smash

The color of pee

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

mad?? going to cry about it??

yes

you happy now? :(

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I should go back and play more Persona 4. I rescued Yukiko but wasn’t overly motivated to go back

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

persona 4 is often remembered as coming after persona 3, which turns mementos blue in smash

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

cheetah7071 posted:

Thought it was mediocre as a teen then replayed it as an adult and thought it was actively bad. I have no idea why everyone loses their kind over p4, it's just not good

This is the reason the thread's been downvoted

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

oddium posted:

:hmmno:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rarity posted:

What did someone post it on reddit

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

cheetah7071 posted:

Do it go off on me fuckin blast me

you smell

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

wuggles posted:

I should go back and play more Persona 4. I rescued Yukiko but wasn’t overly motivated to go back

you didn't miss much

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Andrast posted:

yes

you happy now? :(

:twisted:

Rarity posted:

this.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

When the heck are they going to do Persona 5 Arena

I saw a rumor that Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is getting remastered with new characters, and ported to modern consoles and PC. I badly need that to be true.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
aha a new enemy! it's blue so perhaps it is weak to... fire! no? perhaps it is weak to... wind! no? perhaps it is weak to... ice! no? perhaps it is weak to... lightning! no? perhaps it is weak to... light! no? perhaps it is weak to... darkness! aha! is this our chance?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

persona 4 introduced something critically absent from the persona series at the time: an entry that would eventually precede persona 5. and with one look at mementos in smash,

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

yeah my nose has been working, thanks for noticing

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
:berninator: Cheetah

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Harrow posted:

i'm staying out of it... not gonna argue... staying out of it......... people are allowed to be wrong..............
thats the wrongest dumbest thing thats ever been posted here. sorry.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

When the heck are they going to do Persona 5 Arena

When they do a persona 2 arena, persona 1 arena, and heck, shin megami tensei if arena

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Looper posted:

aha a new enemy! it's blue so perhaps it is weak to... fire! no? perhaps it is weak to... wind! no? perhaps it is weak to... ice! no? perhaps it is weak to... lightning! no? perhaps it is weak to... light! no? perhaps it is weak to... darkness! aha! is this our chance?

telling on youre self

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

oddium posted:

everyone wants to play hot wheels. lining up outside gamestop together. but when i say we should play mysterium the video game board game...... ??

like autumn leaf piles
scatter in the frigid wind
so too do my pals....

- oddium

Mysterium is super fun

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

As someone who played Persona 4 as a teen and played Persona 4 Golden this year (2021), I am the most qualified gamer here...

It's got some good parts and some characters I really like, the plot is kinda annoying whenever it's the kids trying to discuss the mystery, it's got some unfashionable politics in a few spots (Yosuke's homophobia ofc but also what stuck out to me in 2021 was stuff like the "a woman in her thirties trying to be sexy?? gross!" bits), it's too long, the dungeons are samey, the sidequests are just tedious, and, of course, Golden changed Chie's voice actress and ruined EVERYTHING (until I got used to it)

Looper posted:

This was also my experience and it sucks

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

I am the most qualified gamer here...

:objection:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

installing unsighted, mighty goose, dandy ace and surely garbage jrpg astria ascending. that'll be my weekend, thank u gamepass

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

oddium posted:

persona 4 introduced something critically absent from the persona series at the time: an entry that would eventually precede persona 5. and with one look at mementos in smash,

this sentence cuts off abruptly because looking at mementos has permanently crippled your eyeballs?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

chiming in that i'm probably also ace (relate pretty hard to what 7th Guest posted about being extremely uncomfortable if anyone ever flirted with me, among other things) but i've never been to any kind of brain doctor or mind mender so who knows

i'm also an Ace Hunter

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Asexual Combat

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What colour will Persona 6 be

green?!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i was also wondering that