Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Weedle
May 31, 2006

PErsona: Weed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

i can't believe persona 2 is coming to the switcho

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Simone Magus posted:

yeah i know, i just

ah whatever, i've wasted too much time already on this today

i mean, ultimatey i'm the dumb one, because i keep trying to "be friends" with people here, since i am in the unfortunate position of being in a place where, for the first time in my life, i have literally no friends, no one at all to talk to

and it's like, i'm not dumb, i know by now that nobody on here is interested in being "real" with me. the fact that i don't understand why is immaterial, it doesn't matter at all, the only thing that matters is that i'm stupid for trying over and over to make "real" friends in a place that has explicitly told me time and time again "haha even the nicest of us don't really want to be your FRIEND, we're just posting"

which is fine, you know, it's just... i dunno

whatever :(

Hey Simone, I think you're pretty cool. I enjoy your posting in the Mt:G Arena thread. I know you post sometimes in the PS5 thread, and I think you should do more posting there. It's basically a chat thread except we're all much more cool and chill than in here. This thread can get pretty toxic at times

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

buffalo wild wings apparently has dorito crusted chicken wings now and my boyfriend is insistent we're getting food from there for dinner so he can eat those.

i love him but for the love of god WHY :psyduck:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hes right

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Guess I know where I'm going to dinner

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Sometimes you have to punish yourself by indulging in food crimes. Just the way it is

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Anyone try new world

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT_gaSuhMHo

Simone Magus posted:

the worst thing of all is how some posters pretend they don't dislike me. "ha ha, what, i'm just posting here!" it's totally OK to dislike me, i dislike some posters too. the difference is that i just literally don't ever reply to them or whatever, i don't antagonize them.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mix. posted:

buffalo wild wings apparently has dorito crusted chicken wings now and my boyfriend is insistent we're getting food from there for dinner so he can eat those.

i love him but for the love of god WHY :psyduck:

I love chicken wings to an unreasonable degree so I would probably try those

gowb posted:

Anyone try new world

Yeah. It's a really confused game that was clearly built as a full-loot PvP game about territory control and then had a PvE game retrofitted onto it (that came with the removal of forced PvP, looting other players, and things like that). Probably the best way to have fun with it from what I can see is to treat it like "what if Runescape was a AAA game that came out in 2021" and just have fun grinding crafting and gathering skills and loving around in the world.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Harrow posted:

Probably the best way to have fun with it from what I can see is to treat it like "what if Runescape was a AAA game that came out in 2021" and just have fun grinding crafting and gathering skills and loving around in the world.

dont say this to me lol ahhhhhhhhhhhh

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Harrow posted:

Yeah. It's a really confused game that was clearly built as a full-loot PvP game about territory control and then had a PvE game retrofitted onto it (that came with the removal of forced PvP, looting other players, and things like that). Probably the best way to have fun with it from what I can see is to treat it like "what if Runescape was a AAA game that came out in 2021" and just have fun grinding crafting and gathering skills and loving around in the world.

“Tanks” for the report. Sounds not that great to me, I’ll probably stay away. Not many good games out now so I’ve gone back to CK2 Herstorical Immersion Projekt. It’s a good game but I can’t wait for Vicky 3, alright goodbye, good to see everyone.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

tapping my pen on the paper. ps5 thread. big thread. gotta be to fit a ps5 inside.

no. gahhh !! land this !!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Help Im Alive posted:

When the heck are they going to do Persona 5 Arena

The setups in the past two games to explain why all the persona users are fighting each other have been hilariously convoluted

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Does Panera have empanadas, these were good

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

no. gahhh !! land this !!

747 mistaking a ps5 for an airport

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I sold my PS5 a few months ago for $200 more than I paid for it lol. I’ll buy another one when it isn’t such a big honker

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Tonight’s food crime was the Popeyes sandwich. And I’d fuckin do it again too

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

specifically theyre the sweet spicy chili doritos. I'd understand it more if it was the normal ones. Maybe even be tempted if it was the cool ranch ones. But not those

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Maybe the most interesting thing about New World as it actually exists right now is the total lack of NPC vendors. There are no NPCs to buy things from or sell things to, aside from faction mission NPCs who will give you faction armor in exchange for special faction tokens.

If you want an item, you either need to get it yourself, make it yourself, or buy it from another player. If you want to sell an item, you have to sell it to another player. It also has a lot of resource scarcity. Unlike a lot of modern MMOs, gathering nodes aren't shared. If someone beats you to the iron ore, they get the iron and you don't get any. This is clearly intended to create a really player-driven economy, with some extra spice because it matters where you do your trading (because guilds can own settlements and charge taxes on people who use the services in those settlements).

It's pretty interesting, but then it's mashed up into something that looks like it's trying to have a WoW-like questing experience and the whole thing's just very weird. I think I would like it more if it was just the open-ended stuff and didn't pretend to have good quests or instanced dungeons with a tank, healer, and 3 DPS or anything like that.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
So how long until some guild monopolizes the whole in-game economy?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Harrow posted:

Maybe the most interesting thing about New World as it actually exists right now is the total lack of NPC vendors. There are no NPCs to buy things from or sell things to, aside from faction mission NPCs who will give you faction armor in exchange for special faction tokens.

If you want an item, you either need to get it yourself, make it yourself, or buy it from another player. If you want to sell an item, you have to sell it to another player. It also has a lot of resource scarcity. Unlike a lot of modern MMOs, gathering nodes aren't shared. If someone beats you to the iron ore, they get the iron and you don't get any. This is clearly intended to create a really player-driven economy, with some extra spice because it matters where you do your trading (because guilds can own settlements and charge taxes on people who use the services in those settlements).

It's pretty interesting, but then it's mashed up into something that looks like it's trying to have a WoW-like questing experience and the whole thing's just very weird. I think I would like it more if it was just the open-ended stuff and didn't pretend to have good quests or instanced dungeons with a tank, healer, and 3 DPS or anything like that.

This sounds interesting and compelling in theory but as soon as bots start camping poo poo the entire game will fall apart.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

do you want to wait 20 minutes in a cave trying to click the same enemy as 100 other players because t eh designers havent made anmmo in 20 years

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Mix. posted:

specifically theyre the sweet spicy chili doritos. I'd understand it more if it was the normal ones. Maybe even be tempted if it was the cool ranch ones. But not those

idk how these are as a wing coating but that is a good as hell doritos flavor

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah that's the kind of thing I mean where like... trying to staple a WoW questing experience onto this thing was clearly a mistake. It was originally a full-loot PvP game with no real PvE questing or dungeons to speak of and where equipment would degrade slowly over time and couldn't be repaired. So the idea was that crafters and gatherers would be crucial to your faction because they'd be able to outfit people who go out and fight the other factions.

They backed off of that and now the game's just kinda really confused and not really something I have a lot of fun with. The people who seem happiest are the crafters and gatherers who just like to click on a rock and see number go up.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ethanol posted:

do you want to wait 20 minutes in a cave trying to click the same enemy as 100 other players because t eh designers havent made anmmo in 20 years

Harrow posted:

The people who seem happiest are the crafters and gatherers who just like to click on a rock and see number go up.

:stare: my god........

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Harrow posted:

The people who seem happiest are the crafters and gatherers who just like to click on a rock and see number go up.

Has anyone told them about a different MMO with a robust crafting and gathering system that lets number go up but has a very expansive free trial up to level 60 and

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

just play a good game like valheim

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Mix. posted:

Has anyone told them about a different MMO with a robust crafting and gathering system that lets number go up but has a very expansive free trial up to level 60 and
theyre removing HQs so that game is cancelled now

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

if i don't do something soon.... my friend is going to play a bad mmo for an indeterminate amount of time while i'm at work and it won't get in the way of mp time ....... and i can't have that

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mix. posted:

Certainly, though a lot of them are also pining for a bygone era of old-school MMOs and FFXIV sure isn't that, but New World is promising to be.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mix. posted:

yeah its called runescape 3/old school runescape

oddium posted:

if i don't do something soon.... my friend is going to play a bad mmo for an indeterminate amount of time while i'm at work and it won't get in the way of mp time ....... and i can't have that

wahaha

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

im going to buy new world a 2nd time but this time it's going to be to stop him from playing it

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I really think the thread should probably buy me New World as well so I can go in and foil Stux. Yep, definitely the only way... gotta buy me New World...

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

fridge corn posted:

Hey Simone, I think you're pretty cool. I enjoy your posting in the Mt:G Arena thread. I know you post sometimes in the PS5 thread, and I think you should do more posting there. It's basically a chat thread except we're all much more cool and chill than in here. This thread can get pretty toxic at times

same to you friendo :)

i ended up having a good day after all, work was just swell.

i've got a Draft going right now, i'm currently 2-2 despite having yet again opened a great deck and bombs and then just getting truly bad draws, unusually bad. it's worse gamefeels to lose with a good deck than to lose because i drafted badly or punted matches away, somehow haha

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Stux posted:

yeah its called runescape 3/old school runescape

Which Runescape is better these days

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
stux is gonna play the bezos mmo

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

stux is gonna play the bezos mmo

thought this was "the benzo mmo" at first and :ohdear:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Harrow posted:

Which Runescape is better these days

depends what u want. osrs is more grindy but probably has more content overall i think weirdly, and is more solo friendly. rs3 is still a number go up machine but theres some extra removal of click heavy actions, some other boosts to the overall xp gain rate. end game stuff is mostly grouped iirc. has more microtransaction stuff, both outfits and ways to get more xp. osrs only has a system for buying tradable subscription tokens on that end.

i was playing osrs, playing some rs3 now for a change up and i like both. the osrs content thingi is interesting bcos theyre still adding stuff to the game but its done via community voting, and anything that doesnt get a solid majority doesnt make it into the game and is either reworked and resubmitted or dropped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
osrs is one of those things that i have no interesting touching but i am glad still exists and has a community because it's neat and charming, to me, that this weird little game is still chugging along

though whenever i see runescape i get tempted to see if i can spool up a private RO server and click around for a while