Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/MuradGazdiev/status/1433081573746921475?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Wow, this is pretty loving bad news about possibly working with the Taliban. I can't even imagine how the brave MIC and CIA feel about this, they've been working so hard to not ensure we continue forever wars :(

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Life in Jacinda's America

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

On the flip side my commander ordered us to shoot the two friendly strays that would help us keep a lookout on guard shifts at night.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Just a side-note, there's a lot of bullshit on those "dogs left behind" images:

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1432801179549962240

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/military-dogs-left-in-afghanistan/

It was basically on the locals and contractors, rather than the military specifically.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

This has been brought up itt before and finally getting bigger exposure

https://twitter.com/abhabhattarai/status/1433039972207050757?s=20

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Ofc now its the covid war on xmas. Guys we hosed uo. We shoukd have been saying covid was a war on xmas and onky be taking the shots could they save it for god and country

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
we can still get SS-18 delivered in 30 minutes or less, right?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/Epi_D_Nique/status/1433117226605887499?s=20

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Woof Blitzer posted:

Vietnam world record speed run all achievements 100%.

I was in a job reviewing factory audits and one was located on USSR Blvd in Ho Chi Minh City and everyone got Victory Day off. It was one of those "oh, you guys!" moments before getting back to being their biggest trade partner.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

The Atlantic article is from October of 2020 and it’s September 2021. Were all schools for all ages supposed to stay closed for the past year?

If the point is dunking on an economist out of her lane, yes, I am always down to dunk on economists.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I was in a job reviewing factory audits and one was located on USSR Blvd in Ho Chi Minh City and everyone got Victory Day off. It was one of those "oh, you guys!" moments before getting back to being their biggest trade partner.

Is your name Frank Reynolds?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Vanilla coronavirus didn't really hit young people very hard - they didn't get infected as much and didn't get hit hard when infected.

Delta doesn't really give a gently caress and will rip through everyone regardless of age. Hard to know if the increased pediatric hospital cases are due to Delta hitting harder, or just spreading faster and hitting the rare-chance incidents more often.

Just don't have the burrito:

https://twitter.com/abc15/status/1432782275003904005?s=19

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Woof Blitzer posted:

Is your name Frank Reynolds?

I wish, Frank is rich. I wasn't making much at that place.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Life in Jacinda's America

Be careful! You don't want Officers Minogue and O'Leary and Sgt. Maaka on your rear end.

Wellington Paranormal rules and everyone should be watching it.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Be careful! You don't want Officers Minogue and O'Leary and Sgt. Maaka on your rear end.

Wellington Paranormal rules and everyone should be watching it.

I'm an essential ferryman

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I'm an essential ferryman

Well as long as you make sure to toot your horn in the Mt. Victoria Tunnel.

Also from the massive irony department.

https://twitter.com/VICENews/status/1433096682309357571?s=20

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I'm so loving confused that we have a mountain of evidence that things are about to get way worse on all fronts (virus, evictions, unemployment benefits ending without having added decent paying jobs to economy in appreciable way) and the Fed response is just "AMERICA IS BACK!" and barreling ahead. I mean, maybe I'm just a dumb idiot who doesn't understand how this totally can't end poorly

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

maffew buildings posted:

I'm so loving confused that we have a mountain of evidence that things are about to get way worse on all fronts (virus, evictions, unemployment benefits ending without having added decent paying jobs to economy in appreciable way) and the Fed response is just "AMERICA IS BACK!" and barreling ahead. I mean, maybe I'm just a dumb idiot who doesn't understand how this totally can't end poorly

It's only worse on all fronts for a broad segment of people, not those that the system is really built to work for though.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Lol at the title change. Well done, comrade.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

maffew buildings posted:

It's only going to end poorly for some people, and it's acceptable for bad things to happen to the poor.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Dum Cumpster posted:

I'm from the Chicago area, wife's from outside Toronto, dad lives outside of Gainesville Georgia. We road tripped to both this summer. Georgia is what you'd expect but throwing that in to show that I've seen outside of Chicago.

Ontario was noticeably better than the Chicagoland area with mask compliance and places you ate at actually having contact tracing set up. Some family there was fed up with some of the less logical parts of their lockdowns but they also barely knew anyone that had covid much less died of it. From my perspective it sure seemed worth it.

Also their government has done a much better job (not hard to do better than almost nothing) of financially supporting individuals and businesses during lockdowns.

I'm sure someone that lives there can give a better take on it.

Dude, are you me? (Also in Chicago-area (burbs), and my father-in-law (and associated in law relatives) are in Georgia).

Thanks for the perspective.

Me back at work after having a Popeye’s spicy chicken sandwich.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Also, although the song is not about endless september, i give the song that meaning, personally. Who would have thought that AOL bringing the internet into people's homes would one day result in a nontrivial chunk of people blinding themselves with horsepaste? September is endless. If only it would end.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also, although the song is not about endless september, i give the song that meaning, personally. Who would have thought that AOL bringing the internet into people's homes would one day result in a nontrivial chunk of people blinding themselves with horsepaste? September is endless. If only it would end.

Actually, in retrospect when I was thinking about it, when you look at the "PATENT MEDICINE" craze in the 19th/20th century, it's oddly not as surprising. It's just Amazon and Fox reach more then the 1898 Sears Catalog did.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

maffew buildings posted:

You could’ve made this post at any point in the last 15 months.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Woof Blitzer posted:

Vietnam world record speed run all achievements 100%.

Gonna laugh if the Taliban curb stomps the PLA

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Well as long as you make sure to toot your horn in the Mt. Victoria Tunnel.

Can't fit my ferry through the tunnel :(

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Everyone forgets the Sino-Vietnamese War. poo poo was an intense and brutal conflict that created an animosity that lives on today.

It's amazing that the Vietnamese defeated the Japanese, the French, America, and then China, all in turn, within a 50 year period.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I guess my consternation and dread is on me for not believing in our Lord Caucasian Gun Owner Christ and his apostles Capitalism and Xenophobia

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

bulletsponge13 posted:

Everyone forgets the Sino-Vietnamese War. poo poo was an intense and brutal conflict that created an animosity that lives on today.

It's amazing that the Vietnamese defeated the Japanese, the French, America, and then China, all in turn, within a 50 year period.

they also made a side trip into Cambodia and stopped that

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's not China's turn for another four years

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

bulletsponge13 posted:

There was precedent

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
lmbo Joe Rogan is a horse paste eater, too

https://twitter.com/zachzachzach/status/1433165332928032768

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:lol:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

insha'allah

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

mlmp08 posted:

The Atlantic article is from October of 2020 and it’s September 2021. Were all schools for all ages supposed to stay closed for the past year?

If the point is dunking on an economist out of her lane, yes, I am always down to dunk on economists.

"Kids don't catch covid, everything will be just fine if we go back to business as usual WRT schools" is the jist of what certain groups of people have been talking about, and welp. As it turned out, no, no it was not just fine.

edit: If Joe Rogan accidentally blinds himself with ivermectin it might be the biggest service to this country. GO JOE GO!

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Sep 1, 2021

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
big ups mcnally.

also lmao i really hope the ivermectin fucks him up bad

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

if joe rogan croaks of covid and/or horse paste I will organize a loving parade

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

take double joe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
I'm glad the thread has moved past its credulous "Joe Rogan is exactly what Bernie needs to get more exposure!" phase.