Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Some more (potentially) good vax news:

https://twitter.com/moderna_tx/status/1435978825377136641

https://twitter.com/moderna_tx/status/1435966484694528002

We really did luck the hell out with mRNA coming together when it did. Even if the wilder possibilities fail to pan out it should be a game changer going forward for a lot of diseases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Best Friends posted:

I'm in awe of his bad a name "spikevax" is

Compared to whatever "Comirnaty" is?

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Gwamp posted:

The one asshat was whining some bullshit about "I'm not a criminal.". Another one was acting like a giant two year old and pouting with his lip quivering. What a bunch of tools. They offer the shots on site for free. They are also giving us a free vacation day and a cash bonus next summer as well as a pay raise.

Our deadline isn't until mid-October but I'm already hearing muttering in the halls about 'this is unconstitutional / my First Amendment / they can't decide what my religious beliefs are'. Since they're all Fed contractors they literally can't find another job in their current field where they won't face the exact same requirements. Will be interesting to see how many end up caving vs retiring off to their swamp homes on the seaboard.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

"When I said Right to Work and kicking moochers off welfare, I didn't mean like THAT!"

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

GD_American posted:

wow, jesus. I barely remember the story but now I'm in the rabbit hole on that CO and it's just amazing

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2020/01/24/you-all-suck-a-cruiser-captain-shame-roulette-and-the-hunt-for-sun-drop-soda/

annnddddd of course this shithead is on the federal tit, at the Missile Defense Agency. He'll fit right in in Huntsville

https://www.linkedin.com/in/adam-m-aycock

This hits way too close to home.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Steezo posted:

The navy is incredibly aristocratic and it is to its own and its veterans detriment. They had race riots on ships in the 70's because of that poo poo.

Edit: Almost forgot, based on my own personal experience, naval officers make horrible parents.

Yeah I've had run-ins with both the Navy and Air Force varieties having to temporarily interact with the civilian world. Nothing like having a bird colonel yell at software engineers that they just have to 'code faster' and they'll end up with less bugs, then idly wondering later why no one shows up to their morale building events.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I promise that if you elect me, I'll make sure that no one can "slide into your DMs" by mandating that the Information Superhighway be repaved annually as to prevent users from skidding all over the place.

Come on, our Senators are smart enough to know that the Internet's not a big truck.

It's a series of tubes. That joke's old enough for a learner's permit :corsair::hf::dadjoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

yeah but otoh gently caress Ted Stevens for like 100 other reasons. At the time most of us would've settled for anything that built public pressure to get his pilot's license yanked.

E: ehh gently caress I had him confused with Inhofe

I actually didn't realize other folks survived Ted's personal run-in with the FAA.