Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

LobsterboyX posted:

thats what my car looks like

avatar matches the content 12/10 would recommend - btw... I'm doing the super bowl again

rad dude, congrats that work is back. I'm gonna get that football from you I swear!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Ether Frenzy posted:

Did anyone else always have those big yellow McDonalds branded plastic water coolers full of Orange Drink back in the 80's? Seems like those were at every school/church/sports/whatever function where I grew up and the watery orange drink was always the same.

I remember the paper cups that stuff came in. Tasted like watered down whatever it was supposed to be.

Now I'm thinking of red plastic Pizza Hut cups.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

LobsterboyX posted:

cars and coffee last weekend - this dude that looked like he was homeless took a photo of my car on the trailer - a few minutes later people were sending me this:

Heh nice, Magnus has some super cool rides.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

meatpimp posted:

I remember the paper cups that stuff came in. Tasted like watered down whatever it was supposed to be.

Now I'm thinking of red plastic Pizza Hut cups.

I've told people repeatedly how much I love them and how I would use it every day and yet here I sit without one. Great friends I've got!

I also took a large yellow cooler with a red lid that was going to be thrown out from a project and it's very nice for camping.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Man, anytime I see one of those PH red plastic cups it takes me right back to having regular friday pizza night with family friends in the early 80's.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

The Door Frame posted:

That would make things a little easier if I could use closed cell polyurethane foam. My dad is trying to do an alternative form of framing* and I just can't find a way to get high enough R value, fit conduit, and properly protect the basement from water in the 1.5" section he's trying to give me to work in

*he's trying to not disturb the drain tiles or the barrier the waterproofing company put on the stem wall, so he's moving the sill up from the floor and placing it up on the 3' tall stem wall, but AFAIK that's not up to code. And it's just a pain in the rear end to try and make things fit behind the 1.5" furring strips he wants to leave dangling where outlets go and conduit is supposed to run
I don't know if this drawing is helpful, but it's what I've got to try and show him that we're not going to have enough room to insulate his basement properly, among other things

Cant you just build the wall 3” out from the actual basement wall? The sprayfoam guy who did the rest of my house suggested that, or staggering studs to keep it somewhat decoupled. He also suggested just spraying a couple inches of closed cell down there to keep things dry. Fwiw he used natural therm products.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
See you in October!