Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I like being the antithesis of what this guy thinks horror fans are. I love "slow" morality plays or deep emotional stores. I hate horror that's just gratuity for the sake of it. And yet I love Psycho Goreman, perhaps because I got that Mimi being the actual monster is the entire point/gag?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Splint Chesthair posted:

The joke is that the only difference between Mimi and PG is their physical stature.

I mean, I'd say the joke is that the entire film just gives the opposite of your expectations.

You expect Mimi to be the sweet likable hero, so the gag is that she's a bigger monster than the monster.
You expect her to learn a lesson and become a better person, but she doesn't. She just decides she doesn't want to kill her brother because he stopped fighting her.
You expect PG to get heart warmed by the family and stop being a monster, but he just goes of to destroy the world while the family shrugs.

Its just all one big gag. It didn't all work for me. The marriage got a little too ugly for me at one point. But its a goofy and unique idea played out with a full commitment and no self conscious winking or self important moralizing. Its just a kid's imagination running wild and making you think maybe you should talk to their teacher.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 19, 2021