Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The heels got over right before the PPV. It's good booking.

The Elite always gets sent packing otherwise. It's nowhere near NWO levels of making the faces look like geeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Sick around for an exciting performance of Wanted

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

The Elite always gets sent packing otherwise. It's nowhere near NWO levels of making the faces look like geeks.

yep!

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

TNT app cut the feed before the overrun.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Great episode, especially after last week’s show. Ending went on weirdly for, like, one minute too long. Or it needed Darius diving off the top onto the Elite. Oh well, super hyped for Rampage and All Out!!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Still, drat excited to see the show on Sunday.

If the Bucks win I will die

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Shinjobi posted:

I mean that's what they're going for

I'm not really ever in the mood to revisit that poo poo, personally

Early nWo when it was just Hogan/Hall/Nash was a game changer.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That's about as close as we're going to get to WE'REOUTTATIMESEEYOUONRAMPAGE

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

DLC Inc posted:

everyone is loving tired of this angle and we need Bucks to drop the belt already + for Good Brothers to gently caress off

however, it was a cool prelude to how many people hate them lol dante/OC coming out

The Good Brothers' ability to get grotesque amounts of tv time everywhere they go is impressive

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Yeah. Don't forget we also have a Rampage for the faces to get some momentum. But the heels standing tall before what may well be their crucible feels like a good choice to me.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dango Bango posted:

it's not good booking to make it boring

This would have been fine if it were shorter and if they did have Tony do the old "WE'REOUTTATIMESEEYOUONRAMPAGE" routine, but five minutes of heat kills me when it doesn't go anywhere

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think the silence was also because, honestly, this is a very old school use of the cage. It's straight out of a Horsemen/Dusty angle. And modern audiences see cages as 'thing to jump off' not 'thing to keep people out'.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

It was a good end I think Kenny kind of rambling over everything going on was the only thing that kept it from being truly great.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

TNT app cut the feed before the overrun.

The "overrun" on Fite was a few seconds of black, then like 10 seconds before it got cut again.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Blaise330 posted:

The Good Brothers' ability to get grotesque amounts of tv time everywhere they go is impressive

Sour Boy has yet to appear on an aew pay per view

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Pamela Springstein posted:

it's a really bad way to end shows

They've done similar stuff before where something actually happens, and it's great, but when it's five minutes of a heel beat down and then the show ends it's honestly just nothing.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Gaz-L posted:

I think the silence was also because, honestly, this is a very old school use of the cage. It's straight out of a Horsemen/Dusty angle. And modern audiences see cages as 'thing to jump off' not 'thing to keep people out'.

Also it was boring

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

rotinaj posted:

it's not good booking to make it boring

This would have been fine if it were shorter and if they did have Tony do the old "WE'REOUTTATIMESEEYOUONRAMPAGE" routine, but five minutes of heat kills me when it doesn't go anywhere

Agree to disagree then because I was anything but bored during that

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

A talking coyote posted:

It was a good end I think Kenny kind of rambling over everything going on was the only thing that kept it from being truly great.

Kenny needs to cut better promoes over this stuff and not just breathlessly shout people's names

Ah well, bangin' Dynamite anyway

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

The Bee posted:

Yeah. Don't forget we also have a Rampage for the faces to get some momentum. But the heels standing tall before what may well be their crucible feels like a good choice to me.

It's almost always good booking to have the heels standing tall on the go home main show

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Dango Bango posted:

Kenny screaming HELP ME HELP ME was hilarious during it.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Pamela Springstein posted:

it's a really bad way to end shows

gently caress you that was perfect.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
timing on the show was fairly off throughout, down to the first finish during a picture in picture

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Thank god AEW, even after a good show, ended in a way that people can complain about till Friday.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dango Bango posted:

wow, which part was riveting you, the part where the faces got knocked down in the first minute, or the four minutes of them kicking people while they were down before the show actually ended

I'm just saying the timing was off

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Dango Bango posted:

yeah we had kenny big time heelin', Nick jackson going full sicko mode on both LBs with like, a half dozen super kicks lmao, Brandon spraying people off the cage like roaches

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

smarxist posted:

yeah we had kenny big time heelin', Nick jackson going full sicko mode on both LBs with like, a half dozen super kicks lmao, Brandon spraying people off the cage like roaches

Nick going corner to corner for superkicks was loving rad. Dude did not slow down

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

smarxist posted:

Yes this. Goddamn I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here that people are calling this boring

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

rotinaj posted:

Kenny needs to cut better promoes over this stuff and not just breathlessly shout people's names

Ah well, bangin' Dynamite anyway

Yeah he either needed to be cutting a monster promo the entire time or he should have just been shouting all that without a mic.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Segment went a little long but I appreciate that they wanted to establish as strongly as possible CAGES KEEP PEOPLE OUT.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

people say they want crazy kookoo "unhinged" kenny but when kenny is actually just ranting like a madman they hate it??????

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MJeff posted:

Segment went a little long but I appreciate that they wanted to establish as strongly as possible CAGES KEEP PEOPLE OUT.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Alaois posted:

people say they want crazy kookoo "unhinged" kenny but when kenny is actually just ranting like a madman they hate it??????

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE I AM!!!!

god kenny should have had a "who do you think you are i am" shirt made at some point

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

its a necessary component to establish after 20+ years of WWE cage matches

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

that ending was great, if you didn't like it? That's right. You're an idiot! Plain and simple. and here's why, :

1) Cage keep people out, establish this isn't the fed. brilliant move.
2) Kenny by god Omega on the mic
3) Young bucks Going violent. Love to see it.
4) Nak, hold this.
5) The Elite are The Elite. If you aren't on board, get on board, 'cause life is just too. drat. sad. if you aren't. And if you are? Then it's too...sweeeet. Mwah.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
I was watching during the nWo's heyday when every goddamn Monday night Hogan and pals punked out WCW's roster and made them look like chumps just because they could. Kenny and the Bucks attacking their opponents tonight, trying to take them out a few days before the big PPV, was not even remotely like that

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Gaz-L posted:

It's important to teach the audience this again since that's key to how the Bucks are gonna lose the titles to the Luchas

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

yea ok posted:

that ending was great, if you didn't like it? That's right. You're an idiot! Plain and simple. and here's why, :

1) Cage keep people out, establish this isn't the fed. brilliant move.
2) Kenny by god Omega on the mic
3) Young bucks Going violent. Love to see it.
4) Nak, hold this.
5) The Elite are The Elite. If you aren't on board, get on board, 'cause life is just too. drat. sad. if you aren't. And if you are? Then it's too...sweeeet. Mwah.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

El Generico posted:

It's important to teach the audience this again since that's key to how the Bucks are gonna lose the titles to the Luchas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Roth posted:

Sick around for an exciting performance of Wanted

no.