Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I'm sort of lost as to what's really going on. The initial post was very explanatory, but since then it's been very light on stuff. It's been a montage, mostly. Are we anywhere near our goals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

We started off in nightmare mode and are working our way out. At this point most laws are leaning conservative but a moderate liberal is in office and the house and senate are mixed. So lots of progress but the CCS just showed up.

This is my first let’s play ever and it’s a niche and somewhat mechanically complex game so I won’t be able to totally guide people along if you’re completely unfamiliar with the game. I’ll try to give a better sense of the LIBERAL AGENDA moving forward though.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Did I survive my breakout attempt, or will our super judge get me off the hook for my various crimes of liberal revolution?

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
How are you doing, fellow liberals? I would like to join your squad. I am definitely not wearing a wire.

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
I originally downloaded this game as a result of an LP.

I found a favorite strategy was to engage in tagging of places for initial juice and then to recruit a bunch of people to steal and as soon as possible get my main guy clean and just have them occasionally replace casualities from hacking or stealing and once I get a good band going...just raid the nuclear plant for absurd juicing

edit: Also Crimesquad me up

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

BREAK ME OUT YOU NONCE

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

NO, BREAK ME OUT, I AM THE LIBERALEST

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I'm a liberal judge, I judge everything liberally and I'll judge you until your liberal too!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
put me in, coach! i'm ready to VOTE

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Bloodly posted:

I'm sort of lost as to what's really going on. The initial post was very explanatory, but since then it's been very light on stuff. It's been a montage, mostly. Are we anywhere near our goals?

yeah i'm semi-familiar with the game but if i may critique, maybe a few more words on our motivations, how what we're doing helps us, some light background on what's going on mechanically, etc. - just to help create a narrative rather than that "montage" of goons dying gloriously for the cause

speaking of however, thanks for liberalizing me, my body is ready to be given to the liberal cause, just put a gun in my hand :getin:

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Gotcha I’ll try to include more text and context moving forward next time I jump on the game

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

yes hello i would like to join the liberal crime revolution thank you

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

V. Illych L. posted:

yes hello i would like to join the liberal crime revolution thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkY88kvkdvU
:colbert:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo graphical LCS :stare:

dervinosdoom posted:

Throw me in the conservative meat grinder!

I remember playing one of the older versions which was really really easy to win if you got lucky.

Start with a high charisma leader, train in hacking for money and lawyering for when you get caught.

After that scout around for news anchors and talk show hosts to kidnap. Hopefully break them before anyone realizes they're missing and make them sleeper agents.

Get 2 or 3 out there, go into hiding, and win.

NewMars posted:

Yeah, that strategy doesn't work so good anymore because of two reasons.

1. Sleepers are less effective
2. the conservative crime squad will eventually appear and make the public conservative faster than you can stop them.

I hosed around with LCS a year or two ago and at the time the best way to win seemed to be getting someone with high stealth + persuasion to sneak in and take over the news night after night, but yeah, you did at least have to deal with the CCS.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

So here's the gist: Hereticmind has been effectively running their own independent thing and recruitment chain, raiding banks and talking/loving together a team of infiltrators and fighters while the rest of the squad has been training with skills from a team of converted soldiers, cops and veterans.

Most of the survivors of the heretic-squad however are in hospitals under armed guard (can't rescue them) or jail.

The rest of the team has been just training/waiting around for a bit.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Right now my goal is to use the breathing room we've gotten by having a popular liberal president to start re-building the skills we lost with the death of the founder, and get some more combat related skills and liberals who can quickly train up new recruits.

More urgently, we have to free hereticmind since the death penalty is still very much a thing.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

HereticMIND is free! They are however paralyzed totally below the spine. Time for a liberal retirement of teaching the next generation to liberally spray bullets into conservative automatons.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

(Chesire, is there any mechanisms for pardons in this version?)

mercenarynuker posted:

Did I survive my breakout attempt, or will our super judge get me off the hook for my various crimes of liberal revolution?

Sorry, yes! You're back at base, training.

Now that I'm not in danger of losing contact with a bunch of liberals in case Heretic got executed, meet some of our new liberals

A mutant who has the base stats to basically be a repository of skills, maybe for the rare low-risk but high skill secret mission

JT Jag, an ex military police who survived a suicide mission and broke out along with Heretic.

A LIBERAL child soldier. Yikes!

Our criminals that we broke out with our captured libs are all pretty sharp though unskilled, so they'll probably make decent hackers

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Oh gently caress

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

(Chesire, is there any mechanisms for pardons in this version?)

No, I don't think that was a thing in the version I based mine off of, so that probably came later. You will get a death sentence commuted to life if the law changes to Elite Liberal while someone is on death row (since L+ will outlaw it entirely). Also any crimes you're wanted for that later stop being crimes due to law changes (like flag burning or sedition) will get wiped off everyone's records (although anyone already serving time for them will still serve out the rest of their sentence since the game doesn't actually track what they're in jail for, just that they have X months left on their sentence).

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

We take only minor wounds as the CCS stumble in traps. However, over next few days, a number of liberals are arrested while trying to bury the bodies from the CCS raid.

We have a traitor!

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

We've all clamored into the condos and moved all our gear after mercenarynuker has CONSERVATIVELY betrayed the cause.

It's time to take the fight to the CCS.

dervinosdoom will go to the club in order to find and seduce a CCS member.

Fiona Apple, JT Jag, titty_baby_, and rogue ai goddess have all been captured but will be broken out soon enough.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i always knew mercenarynuker was a dastardly CONSERVATIVE

what's with the black/unknown portraits?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Black headshots are for undercover liberals (they're still doing their regular job, and can steal/provide intel from it)

JT Jag and Godina have been rescued. The rest are still healing in the hospital.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Noice, I remember playing this game a few... decades ago? It was a long time. Is there still a chance to go pay a visit to the CEO's house? Anyrate, sign me up as any LIBERAL. And as far as a motto is concerned, how about "So much for the tolerant left!"

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Forgot about that whole CONSERVATIVE gender thing, Erwin will be going into the mens club.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

sullat posted:

Noice, I remember playing this game a few... decades ago? It was a long time. Is there still a chance to go pay a visit to the CEO's house? Anyrate, sign me up as any LIBERAL. And as far as a motto is concerned, how about "So much for the tolerant left!"

I didn't wanna mess with the CIA/Corporations until after the CCS. Seems like a good time to update the slogan though!

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Erwin seduced CCS member who has given us the location of their downtown hideout.

Erwin has 6 free slots still and will recruit a team of atheletes/dancers/etc that will make up an elite strike team

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

I mean, come on, guys. You all knew Erwin wasn't REALLY German, right?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

mercenarynuker posted:

I mean, come on, guys. You all knew Erwin wasn't REALLY German, right?

That's CONSERVATIVE talk!

Jo Keene and titty_baby_ escape from the police station!

Hot cocoa, who has decent stats for a front line shooter, deserts the military and joins the new athelete/dancer/black belt squad.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

All liberals have been freed (save for the one guy we still have serving 180 life sentences from years back).

Fiona Apple and Rogue AI Goddess join their comrades.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Preparing to attack the Desert Eagle Bar and Grill, the CCS safehouse.

Meet our new liberal squad gearing up with out cocoa, one of our turncoat soldiers.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

oh hell yeah, im on that elite liberal kill squad baby, let's go

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

HereticMIND is free! They are however paralyzed totally below the spine. Time for a liberal retirement of teaching the next generation to liberally spray bullets into conservative automatons.

Honestly, this is ok by me. Hopefully I don’t get usurped!

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Our funds are getting a bit low. Now, I could micro hackers or use tailoring, but murdering SWAT teams and doing a Heat is more fun.

thatbastardken has to go to the hospital for a minute after getting shot in the leg during a bank robbery

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

We got too much heat from killing like hundred cops on our way out the bank, so we had to double down and shoot the police station up. Making a getaway, we run into not cops but CCS vigilantes.

V. Illych L. catches a round in the leg and survives the gunbattle but will also be sitting it out in the hospital for a few months.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

hot cocoa goes down in a blaze of glory, as the rest of the squad escapes into the industrial district as the SWAT team moves in

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i died as i lived, killing conservative scum :hellyeah:

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

The elite team can't shake the heat.

During another raid, sullat fights to the end but instead of dying goes unconscious and is arrested alive. Will they crack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

The elite team can't shake the heat.

During another raid, sullat fights to the end but instead of dying goes unconscious and is arrested alive. Will they crack?

Like a cheap windshield!