Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

OooOh mama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
his full name is daddy king gore

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
oh good. It wasn't just me.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I’m extremely bothered that the American flag was backwards on that flagpole.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Have they stated whether or not we're going to actually get a conclusion this time? Next episode is the last and I'm not sure they can actually wrap it up in that time

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Maybe I'm a complete idiot because I don't know what streaming service In Canada has this show? I wanna see some getter, I've watched every other OVA and I want some more robot combining action, idgaf if the animation is dogshit.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Willo567 posted:

Have they stated whether or not we're going to actually get a conclusion this time? Next episode is the last and I'm not sure they can actually wrap it up in that time

I literally thought 12 was the last ep until I just checked, lmao. I kinda figured the production quality was being reflected just shrugged and went "oh okay, that' must be that then." At least there is 1 more ep, but I'm pretty much at peace with it.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

hell astro course posted:

I literally thought 12 was the last ep until I just checked, lmao. I kinda figured the production quality was being reflected just shrugged and went "oh okay, that' must be that then." At least there is 1 more ep, but I'm pretty much at peace with it.

The opening of episode 12 is where the manga ends, pretty much, which makes me assume they have some kind of conclusion ready for the last episode. They even cut content from the manga to make more room, so just having it be the same cliffhanger makes very little sense.

Basically all that needs to happen is for Kamui and Takuma to beat the poo poo out of each other, argue about their ideals, and reach some kind of truce so the dinosaurs and the humans don't have to wipe each other off the face of the Earth. Not impossible in half an hour.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Well, I'll say this much, BUG will be a good super robot wars enemy

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The audacity of these people to keep the cliffhanger ending only to add another cliffhanger on top of that and to tease me with a new Getter again.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Ethiser posted:

The audacity of these people to keep the cliffhanger ending only to add another cliffhanger on top of that and to tease me with a new Getter again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaJw6lqGFew

thanks for watching along everyone. Heats still bangs and maybe the moral of the story is it is up to us to make a better getter.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

what the gently caress

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
This was probably not the best entry point to the series...

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

don't worry it's similarly incomprehensible if you've consumed every single other piece of getter media

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Ethiser posted:

really? lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Relin posted:

really? lmao

I mean, they resolved the first cliffhanger in that they skipped over the action to the resolution after the credits, and the second cliffhanger is a more basic Butch and Sundance ending rather than a full "I have no idea what happens next".