Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Huh. Didn't think we'd get a thread this late in the season, but hey. It's been my favorite show this season. Why not, right?

We're closing in on the end of the Arc manga, so it'll be interesting to see how the anime wraps things up. The new elements with the Go characters will probably play into the anime's ending, but how is still an open question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Unlucky7 posted:

I don't know much about Getter Robo except that everyone is some degree of psychopath, apparently.

It's not the worst starting point.

The manga's first arc has a mad scientist named Professor Saotome recruiting a team to pilot a giant robot because the dinosaurs are back and they're pissed. His robot can only be piloted by the biggest badasses, so first he gets Ryoma Nagare, a karate master whose style was banned from completion for being too lethal. Then after dinosaurs kill everyone at the lab except Ryoma, Professor Saotome, and Saotome's daughter Michiru, they recruit Hayato Jin, a youth terrorist who rips people's faces off, and Musashi, a goodnatured doofus judo expert.

Getter pilots vary in their moral standing by the character and the version of the story, but they tend to all be some level of crazy.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

hell astro course posted:

you said it. the boys facing down violence when they could walk the path of buddha, they become death

Look, when you meet the buddha in the road, you kill the buddha.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

hell astro course posted:

I literally thought 12 was the last ep until I just checked, lmao. I kinda figured the production quality was being reflected just shrugged and went "oh okay, that' must be that then." At least there is 1 more ep, but I'm pretty much at peace with it.

The opening of episode 12 is where the manga ends, pretty much, which makes me assume they have some kind of conclusion ready for the last episode. They even cut content from the manga to make more room, so just having it be the same cliffhanger makes very little sense.

Basically all that needs to happen is for Kamui and Takuma to beat the poo poo out of each other, argue about their ideals, and reach some kind of truce so the dinosaurs and the humans don't have to wipe each other off the face of the Earth. Not impossible in half an hour.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Relin posted:

really? lmao

I mean, they resolved the first cliffhanger in that they skipped over the action to the resolution after the credits, and the second cliffhanger is a more basic Butch and Sundance ending rather than a full "I have no idea what happens next".