Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
FTR vs PNP 57 48.72%
LUCHA EXPRESS VS ELITE 41 35.04%
ORANGE VS JACK 4 3.42%
HOBBS VS CAGE 1 0.85%
TAY VS FORD 14 11.97%
Total: 117 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Jazz should've been Nyla's manager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
CJ Perry has a reality with Dennis rodman premiering soon. I imagine she'll show up at some point.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
she is basically already an onscreen character within the context of "wife and god guy" miro. (not to be confused with kip sabian and the blade, who are also wife guys, but are not god guys)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
CM Punk is a wife guy too. Hopefully. I have paranoid fears.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I missed everything after Anna Jay because our apartment building's roof was overflowing with water and it started getting in through the door and leaking onto the landing in front of my apartment. Another neighbor was checking as I was and we instantly jumped into action and went out to the roof to clear the clog in the drain and then we spent about 20-30 minutes running buckets of water up stairs so we could dump them out and keep the stairwell from getting filled with even more water and there was an older neighbor there with us as well but he was practically useless. The rain slowed down and we spent another 30 min decompressing and drinking a beer and talking on the phone with the landlord and talking to other neighbors as they came home and checking for leaks and just doing our best to clean poo poo up as everyone got involved. Overall it was a pretty interesting experience but I hated it. I give this week's Dynamite an F. I'm gonna go take a shower.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I liked the simplicity of Eddie's promo: "You ain't God's Favorite Champion if you ain't a champion no more" to paraphrase.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
women on the aew roster that aren't in the royale/the title match:

brandi rhodes
leva bates
riho
serena deeb
yuka sakazaki

brandi/leva aren't wrestling currently, deeb is probably still injured and wouldn't be teaming with rosa anyway, and riho/yuka probably should be there but would also be a weird pairing for rosa

yeah, i'm leaning either a debut on friday or a surprise on sunday for rosa's backup

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Twenty is going to be Ruby and twenty-one is going to be Lulu Pencil. :colbert:

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

No it should be someone good

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ruby and Rosa would be a fun pairing.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Vandar posted:

Twenty is going to be Ruby and twenty-one is going to be Lulu Pencil. :colbert:

Lulu is getting the Hook push.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Penguin Patrol posted:

I missed everything after Anna Jay because our apartment building's roof was overflowing with water and it started getting in through the door and leaking onto the landing in front of my apartment. Another neighbor was checking as I was and we instantly jumped into action and went out to the roof to clear the clog in the drain and then we spent about 20-30 minutes running buckets of water up stairs so we could dump them out and keep the stairwell from getting filled with even more water and there was an older neighbor there with us as well but he was practically useless. The rain slowed down and we spent another 30 min decompressing and drinking a beer and talking on the phone with the landlord and talking to other neighbors as they came home and checking for leaks and just doing our best to clean poo poo up as everyone got involved. Overall it was a pretty interesting experience but I hated it. I give this week's Dynamite an F. I'm gonna go take a shower.

hope you are ok. go back to your previous avatar soon

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Riho and Thunder Rosa have teamed together when Dr. Baker was able to skirt regulations and bring Maki Itoh to AEW.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Joey McChrist posted:

also 2.0 and garcia should be the inaugural trios champions thank you namaste

I still can't process what I saw tonight

What...like what. Oh ya my boys!

How in the hell

What?!?!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

stab posted:

I still can't process what I saw tonight

What...like what. Oh ya my boys!

How in the hell

What?!?!

they should send a fruit basket to Max Caster because i feel like they've gotten at least one angle that was supposed to go to The Acclaimed

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Penguin Patrol posted:

gl sounds like u were hero mode

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011
Wonderful show tonight.

My top moment was probably Anna Jay coming back, it was just so genuinely wholesome and her and Tay's friendship is just so nice. I've barely even had any opportunity to see Anna wrestle, but it's so nice to see that kind of friendship in the ring, particularly in contrast to whatever it was that happened on Raw this week.

Also I was actually very into QT's whole thing tonight. His plan initially failing completely followed by him entering the ring after the Gunns turn heel or something to soak in all the glory that he did not earn whatsoever was very funny to me. Really enjoyed the weird left-field Gunn Club thing too, was genuinely surprised by it and was frankly kind of relieved since the whole thing was starting to feel very Codyverse, but in a bad way.

It's a tough call on my favorite overall match, I'm kind of leaning on Penelope/Tay because it thoroughly exceeded my expectations (which were by no means low) and I don't think there was a single weak point in it. But then there's also a match on the card with the Lucha Bros, Jurassic Express and Bucks and it was of course fantastic, but I think it had somewhat less of an impact on me because it was basically impossible for it to be bad. I don't think there was a single bad match tonight.

Really loving Jurassic Express just going around helping different factions. With so many different parties coming out at the end of the show to stop the Elite, I hope that's hinting at a major revolt by the rest of the company against the Elite in the future.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

smarxist posted:

they should send a fruit basket to Max Caster because i feel like they've gotten at least one angle that was supposed to go to The Acclaimed

if this is true i suspect the segments have been improved

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

woo that was a wonderful show. Can't wait for the ppv.

Rey Fenix is so good. Like I don't even understand how he's able to do what he does. It's just amazing.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

dracula vladdy AF posted:

Really loving Jurassic Express just going around helping different factions. With so many different parties coming out at the end of the show to stop the Elite, I hope that's hinting at a major revolt by the rest of the company against the Elite in the future.

Can you imagine, instead of just the Dark Order rallying behind Hangman, it's the whole drat face roster? And when he wins they carry him on their shoulders and celebrate as confetti falls down and fireworks go off? I can. And I like it!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
The Gums trying to make a statement by beating up Tall Paul was kinda interesting, seems like they're not allied with the Factory at all, but we'll maybe see them in some kinda uneasy alliance route until those snake gums turn on the Factory geeks too

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

El Generico posted:

if this is true i suspect the segments have been improved

harsh, devastatingly so, but fair imo

edit: why am I only just now finding out that penelope ford streams games, and she streamed a goosebumps game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkYIVi8iRbw

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The whole Nightmare Family is falling apart. On one side, The Gunn Club turns heel; on the other, Malaki Black is taking them out one by one.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm kinda interested in the Gum club in relation to Cody. Back when QT turned, I was specifically hyped over the idea of this exact thing happening; QT taking everything away from Cody. Its been a slow burn, but now Cody is gonna come back with no Gunns to backup the NIghtmare Family, Arn and son out of commission, and it's entirely possible Malakai will do the same to Lee Johnson. At that point Dustin would be all that's left.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
rather than Paul Wight inexplicably betraying people, he will be inexplicably betrayed by them

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Davros1 posted:

The whole Nightmare Family is falling apart. On one side, The Gunn Club turns heel; on the other, Malaki Black is taking them out one by one.

lol true, it's just Big Dust and Big Shotty left

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MorningMoon posted:

I'm kinda interested in the Gum club in relation to Cody. Back when QT turned, I was specifically hyped over the idea of this exact thing happening; QT taking everything away from Cody. Its been a slow burn, but now Cody is gonna come back with no Gunns to backup the NIghtmare Family, Arn and son out of commission, and it's entirely possible Malakai will do the same to Lee Johnson. At that point Dustin would be all that's left.

dustin v malakai would kick an unhealthy amount of rear end, I want to see that match

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
can you imagine how giddy Billy was that he'd get to heel it up again with his sons

"now is the FUN time boys!"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

rotinaj posted:

harsh, devastatingly so, but fair imo

edit: why am I only just now finding out that penelope ford streams games, and she streamed a goosebumps game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkYIVi8iRbw

This has been a golden age for those of us who held the view The Acclaimed were eh as all hell and losing them would only improve the show.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

dracula vladdy AF posted:

Also I was actually very into QT's whole thing tonight. His plan initially failing completely followed by him entering the ring after the Gunns turn heel or something to soak in all the glory that he did not earn whatsoever was very funny to me. Really enjoyed the weird left-field Gunn Club thing too, was genuinely surprised by it and was frankly kind of relieved since the whole thing was starting to feel very Codyverse, but in a bad way.

QT's line about Wight coming down and facing him "heavyweight to heavyweight" was extremely good.

neoaxd posted:

Can you imagine, instead of just the Dark Order rallying behind Hangman, it's the whole drat face roster? And when he wins they carry him on their shoulders and celebrate as confetti falls down and fireworks go off? I can. And I like it!

I like this but what if Hangman just beat Kenny by count out and didn't actually win the title?

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

smarxist posted:

can you imagine how giddy Billy was that he'd get to heel it up again with his sons

It felt like watching a lion teach their cubs how to hunt a gazelle, nature at it's most majestic.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Tall Paul :(

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

smarxist posted:

GUNNDEFEATED

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MorningMoon posted:

drat, Tony Kahn really is the master of long-term booking.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

smarxist posted:

On the other hand he could say "we are... the Voodoo Kin Mafia!"

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

I almost missed the post-Dynamite afterglow posting because I have been busy fighting flooding in my apartment building, but I will jump in to say Dynamite was good, I don't care about super long Jericho promos but I'm still looking forward to his match because MJF is straight up incredible in ring and all the other matches will be spectacular too. God bless AEW

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011
looking forward to the new heel gunn faction, the rear end gang

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

neoaxd posted:

It's that scene from Spiderman where he's passed out from stopping the train and all the people are lifting him up except it's the entire roster lifting Hangman back into the ring to stop a countout

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Hired Gunns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if we're gonna get some kinda crazy 15 vs 15 double ring battle Royal for full gear