Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
Zelda's ability activates any Rune effects that are ready - exploding bombs and ice pillars, launching metal objects she's holding, and instantly giving enemies in Stasis the maximum launch velocity. Some of her normal attacks will stun enemies that are weak to the related Runes, because they're the same thing in the end.

Every character uses different Runes in their own way. The pause screen should have a description of each one, so it's worth checking out when you have time. There are also side missions dedicated to giving you practice with specific Runes, so you might want to check those out. I think at least some of the side missions are interesting enough to potentially be worth videos, but it's probably up to what you think is likely to be interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

There are tutorial missions, and then there are actual side missions. The Lab missions are DLC, so they're just add-on stuff you do to unlock upgrades that weren't available in the base game. There's definitely stuff to see, but not in tutorials, especially if you're not going to use the thing it's trying to tutorialize.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

TheLoneStar posted:

I mean I'm going to do it all either way, I was just more focused on what I should actually record.

That's exactly what I was talking about. Once you get to the point where the side missions aren't all tutorials, it'll be worth recording them.

Urbosa has pretty much everything you want in a character. Shield for parrying? Check. Killer move set? Check. Ability to absorb the energy you discharge when you use your enhanced moves to instantly recharge the gauge so you never run out of power? Check. The worst complaint I've got is that she always jumps on Bomb explosions, and her aerial attacks are... not good. It takes a while to get used to waiting for her to land after you hit an enemy's weak point, but once you have that, Urbosa more than any other character plays like a dance of death.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

The monk's gimmick is that some of his combos create ancient devices that you can destroy to build up charges for his giant hammer attack. Multiple devices, multiple charges. The shrine is unique because it can't be destroyed, as far as I can tell, but as long as it's out, using the giant attack will add charges to the meter instead of removing them. As long as you have at least one charge, you can gain more.

The new DLC is very much post-post-postgame stuff. I've been playing it a few days, and even I can't play as Purah and Robbie yet. I'm hoping after the next mission.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

Judge Tesla posted:

The level they start at was 51 for me which should tell you when the game expects you to be unlocking them.

The expected levels for some of the missions I've already been doing are in the 60s. Pretty much every character is a bit underleveled when you get them, and the characters you use level up a lot faster than the ones you don't. I haven't missed anything. I just haven't completed enough missions yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I think many of us are surprised to discover that the second DLC is, in fact, available earlier than the end of the game. You just played through the first mission of it.