Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
It's been a while since I played AoC as I was getting a bit burned out on Musou/Warriors games. If I remember correctly, when dealing with large groups of big monsters, if you can get a rune off during the vulnerable period of one of the monsters, it actually will affect all monsters in range. You did this during that "Vicious monster" fight when you hit the wizrobe with the chains rune and the moblins were stunned as well.

The side-missions are mostly for training and material farming and are mostly "kill X monsters" with a few larger monsters thrown in for a challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
If you haven't already, invest in a good third-party joycon and/or pro controller. Nintendo's Joycons are PRONE to drift issues! I went through 3 thumb-sticks in my first year before I replaced them.

First, repairing them yourself costs like $10 bucks on amazon, but you have to deal with tiny tri-wing screws that can easily strip and the buttons float around in the shell so they can come out of alignment when you're taking it apart.

As to a third party replacement, I picked up a set of HORI Split-pad Pros 2 years ago and haven't had any issues since. They're also bigger so my hands don't cramp up, but most importantly, they use larger thumb sticks which don't have to be replaced every 6 months. Amazon has them for around $40. The only problems are they don't work detached from the switch, they lack rumble and gyroscope (motion) controls, and their size makes them unable to fit in a case properly without taking them off, which I avoid doing because I'm worried that I'll wear out the rails.

Also, I think you skipped opening some of the chests after capturing outposts. I don't think this game automatically opens them for you.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
You'll get to play as the other 2 divine beasts later

I also remember that one of the side-missions had a hidden character but I don't remember which one or when it was made available.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
Can you turn up the volume of the voices? They are really hard for me to hear without turning my volume all the way up.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
I don't know if you know this but clicking your left stick zooms in your mini-map (helpful if you can't figure out how to exit a base where you only have 2 gates) and clicking the right stick allows you to lock onto an officer or boss like in Hyrule Warriors DE.

Also note that bird symbol at the top of the top-middle section of the map. I believe that is a Vah Medoh side-mission if you're interested.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
I just finished most of the post game besides a few quests and DLC 2.

-When you see the 2 arrows under a character portrait before starting a mission, that means you can switch that character for any others you have access to.
-If you have a weapon for any character you use that is 1) Tier 3 (base attack between 50 and 80) and 2) level 30 or higher, you will be set for the rest of the game and post-game while playing on Easy. By level 30, you should have over 170 attack on that weapon. This is expensive and will require a bit of grinding.
-DLC 2 adds more regular missions after the main story's 20. Just keep playing and you'll get to them.
-Speaking of character unlocks, there is a particularly long chain of side-quests needed for 2 of the characters in post-game (not DLC).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
The first guardian is definitely beefier than all other guardians you meet except for one. They mostly go down in one or 2 WPGs. At this point, now you'll never have to scrounge for Guardian parts again at least.