Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The La-Le-Bil-Ly-Lo?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

big boss becoming a legendary soldier by submitting a kill count of 6.9 billion to amnesty international

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The La-Le-Bil-Ly-Lo?!

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

OTACON: Do you think love can bloom, even on a battlefield?

BILLY: I had somebody draw an analogy once for me that I always remember. The top French pilot in World War I shot down 24 enemy planes. The top American pilot, you don't know his name do you? Nobody does... but it's Eddie Rickenbacker. Shot down 26 enemy planes. The German Ace, the Red Baron, everyone knows who the Red Baron is. That's because he shot down 87 enemy planes. I mean he was the best. There's just... there's a level of difference between people.

OTACON: uhh

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Sub-Actuality posted:

BILLY: I had somebody draw an analogy once for me that I always remember. The top French pilot in World War I shot down 24 enemy planes. The top American pilot, you don't know his name do you? Nobody does... but it's Eddie Rickenbacker. Shot down 26 enemy planes. The German Ace, the Red Baron, everyone knows who the Red Baron is. That's because he shot down 87 enemy planes. I mean he was the best. There's just... there's a level of difference between people.

lmfao

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

lol at everything, but also grossed out by that thumb

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Woke up from a short nap dream where I was looking through my dead grandpa’s old Poconos cabin and I found a manila envelope that had “TOP SECRET” stamped in red ink on it. I opened the folder and inside was a single white sheet of printer paper that said “Red Skies At Night, Gamer’s Delight” on it in tiny print.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

lol at everything, but also grossed out by that thumb
thumbs like that are how you get the high scores, baby

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
A couple nights ago I dreamt that my brother had signed back up for WoW Classic and I was watching him make a character. Everything seemed normal except one of the character creation options was "Car". He kind of breezed by it and just made a Paladin, and I got really scared because I was planning on playing a healer too

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Squashing Machine posted:

A couple nights ago I dreamt that my brother had signed back up for WoW Classic and I was watching him make a character. Everything seemed normal except one of the character creation options was "Car". He kind of breezed by it and just made a Paladin, and I got really scared because I was planning on playing a healer too

lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

NienNunb posted:

Woke up from a short nap dream where I was looking through my dead grandpa’s old Poconos cabin and I found a manila envelope that had “TOP SECRET” stamped in red ink on it. I opened the folder and inside was a single white sheet of printer paper that said “Red Skies At Night, Gamer’s Delight” on it in tiny print.

lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

lmfao

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Fungah! posted:

big boss becoming a legendary soldier by submitting a kill count of 6.9 billion to amnesty international

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

you were possessed by Paul Bearer

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I've had Nioh 2 combos sneaking into my dreams because I'm breaking my brain trying to consistently find a method to get the fist weapon stacks up to 10. (Basically, the fists have a passive skill, Unbroken, where every time you use an "active skill" as part of an attack chain it adds 1 Unbroken stack which increases your general damage by 10%, but each skill can only add a stack once. So like if I used stomp then a light attack, it adds 1 Unbroken stack, but until I get reset to 0 stacks, stomp won't add a new one. It caps out at 10 but I've yet to find any real method of getting to 10.)

As you can imagine this is not really necessary although the damage bonus is nice, but it's giving me the tetris effect where even in unrelated dreams I'm putting in the inputs to do a dodge skill, then the ki recovery forward skill, then switch to medium stance and stomp, etc etc.

Anyway in my dream I started playing Destiny 2 again and had to sit through a bunch of cutscenes catching me up on what I'd missed, and was playing as a Hunter, the agile dodgy character. While watching these unskippable cutscenes play out I was able to control my character and remembered that the hunter has a dodge move which looks very similar to the Nioh 2 one, which obviously led to me starting to go through the various skill inputs, dancing around and flailing like crazy while Lance Reddick's character tried to give an important speech about our losses and victories.

Other players started staring at me instead of joining in, but I ignored them because all I could focus on was the little status icon showing how many stacks I had, and no matter what I did it wouldn't increase. At no point did I consider that this was probably because it was a completely different game. The combos and moves I was desperately trying were getting increasingly insane and fruitless, and I was making a total fool of myself in front of the entire player base while dramatic music swelled and everyone stared in silence. I was getting really on edge and panicked, but I couldn't stop myself, I was too far gone and I was now just shouting at the screen that they don't understand, it's a point of pride now, I just want to get to 10 stacks in order to get double damage for maybe 10 seconds.

After way too long of this happening, Lance Reddick's character swooped down and grabbed mine by the throat and the game went back into first person so Lance Reddick was staring right at me. He asked what my loving problem was and why I was being so disrespectful when he was there, in-game and in-person, giving a live eulogy to his friend Michael K Williams, and asked if I was racist. I woke up with my heart absolutely pounding.

I want to go back to sleep that was all very stressful

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

just woke up from a nightmare, i was stuck playing the waterslide level from Virtual Bart in VR and took a wrong path that dumped me into a classroom where Geoff Keighley was explaining how hype the Nintendo New was going to be (a new console i think), he kept describing metroid prime 3 and twilight princess in great detail and whenever i tried to shout at him it had already been done before he just ignored me and i woke up when he kept saying Nintendo, New Now! to hype up the rest of the room

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
lmfao. bad night in the imp dream zone

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i keep thinkin about this one lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

had a dream last night where you play a minigame as haruka where you have to bathe babies. it was really hard. you had to use the shoulder buttons to switch between four different bathtubs, the D pad to select an area, and the buttons to select what to do. the babies were hideous looking, floating on their backs in the water, and they kept pooping in the bath, like laying tiny turds, making everything worse. haruka had a "motivation" meter and if you ever hosed up, it would go down and she would get slower. when the meter got low she started crying and the sound of it really upset me. it transitioned somehow into me washing the babies and everyone was yelling at me to hurry up, but the babies kept making GBS threads in the baths, sending me back to square one, and nobody would lend a hand, they just kept yelling that we were going to be late.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Jesus what was going on last night. Ominous

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I've had Nioh 2 combos sneaking into my dreams because I'm breaking my brain trying to consistently find a method to get the fist weapon stacks up to 10. (Basically, the fists have a passive skill, Unbroken, where every time you use an "active skill" as part of an attack chain it adds 1 Unbroken stack which increases your general damage by 10%, but each skill can only add a stack once. So like if I used stomp then a light attack, it adds 1 Unbroken stack, but until I get reset to 0 stacks, stomp won't add a new one. It caps out at 10 but I've yet to find any real method of getting to 10.)

As you can imagine this is not really necessary although the damage bonus is nice, but it's giving me the tetris effect where even in unrelated dreams I'm putting in the inputs to do a dodge skill, then the ki recovery forward skill, then switch to medium stance and stomp, etc etc.

Anyway in my dream I started playing Destiny 2 again and had to sit through a bunch of cutscenes catching me up on what I'd missed, and was playing as a Hunter, the agile dodgy character. While watching these unskippable cutscenes play out I was able to control my character and remembered that the hunter has a dodge move which looks very similar to the Nioh 2 one, which obviously led to me starting to go through the various skill inputs, dancing around and flailing like crazy while Lance Reddick's character tried to give an important speech about our losses and victories.

Other players started staring at me instead of joining in, but I ignored them because all I could focus on was the little status icon showing how many stacks I had, and no matter what I did it wouldn't increase. At no point did I consider that this was probably because it was a completely different game. The combos and moves I was desperately trying were getting increasingly insane and fruitless, and I was making a total fool of myself in front of the entire player base while dramatic music swelled and everyone stared in silence. I was getting really on edge and panicked, but I couldn't stop myself, I was too far gone and I was now just shouting at the screen that they don't understand, it's a point of pride now, I just want to get to 10 stacks in order to get double damage for maybe 10 seconds.

After way too long of this happening, Lance Reddick's character swooped down and grabbed mine by the throat and the game went back into first person so Lance Reddick was staring right at me. He asked what my loving problem was and why I was being so disrespectful when he was there, in-game and in-person, giving a live eulogy to his friend Michael K Williams, and asked if I was racist. I woke up with my heart absolutely pounding.

I want to go back to sleep that was all very stressful

STONE COLD 64 posted:

just woke up from a nightmare, i was stuck playing the waterslide level from Virtual Bart in VR and took a wrong path that dumped me into a classroom where Geoff Keighley was explaining how hype the Nintendo New was going to be (a new console i think), he kept describing metroid prime 3 and twilight princess in great detail and whenever i tried to shout at him it had already been done before he just ignored me and i woke up when he kept saying Nintendo, New Now! to hype up the rest of the room

Bicyclops posted:

had a dream last night where you play a minigame as haruka where you have to bathe babies. it was really hard. you had to use the shoulder buttons to switch between four different bathtubs, the D pad to select an area, and the buttons to select what to do. the babies were hideous looking, floating on their backs in the water, and they kept pooping in the bath, like laying tiny turds, making everything worse. haruka had a "motivation" meter and if you ever hosed up, it would go down and she would get slower. when the meter got low she started crying and the sound of it really upset me. it transitioned somehow into me washing the babies and everyone was yelling at me to hurry up, but the babies kept making GBS threads in the baths, sending me back to square one, and nobody would lend a hand, they just kept yelling that we were going to be late.

lmao dark imp dreams… an ill portent

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

STONE COLD 64 posted:

gently caress You! Nintendo New Now Please!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
must've been something in the collective Imp subconsciousness last night; part of a dream i had involved PMing Prag for my custom plat icon back once I was done being IK, but getting it back also changed my av into a hosed-up chimeric hybrid of my current one and goferchan's that moved by scanimation, and it was just very unsettling

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

New Now New Now

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

dreamt that i was playing some ghostbusters style tf2 mode where you play as a medic and can heal your teammates, but your main objective is to get a ghost into a containment chamber. the players are all wearing enormous suits that are like an old fashioned diving suit with the big helmet. the game itself plays like a real life luigi’s mansion where you whip the ghost around with your beam which is an alt fire for the medic gun. but the whole thing took place in real life, so even though we’re catching a ghost, the ghost is just some part time worker who’s floating around and we’re clunking around in these enormous suits.

i’m playing through it for a few minutes and scoring some points but i realize my teammates aren’t playing the game, they’re just messing around on their phones in the spawn point. i go in and ask them what’s up and they tell me that if the ghost battle goes on for over 20 minutes, it gets much harder, and you can get special weapons and achievements for your tf2 account. so i start hanging out at the spawn too.

after a couple of minutes somebody from the front desk walks in and starts chewing us out because the guy who plays the ghost is getting sad that we’re leaving him alone. she then says that it’s the middle of the afternoon on a weekday and we’re the only customers in the place and we’re pissing her off so she’s going to close up the shop for lunch.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I dreamed I was playing a massive multiplayer fps where one person is a mafia boss and everyone else has to try and kill him in a huge elaborate mansion. The twist is that half the players start out on his side, but slowly and randomly switch teams, so they have to make themselves invaluable to the Don while the Don has to keep them at a distance, making the strategic decision between giving them good guns they can fight off other people with that they might turn on him later. I rate this game a 9/10 and would easily play it again

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

I dreamed I was playing a massive multiplayer fps where one person is a mafia boss and everyone else has to try and kill him in a huge elaborate mansion. The twist is that half the players start out on his side, but slowly and randomly switch teams, so they have to make themselves invaluable to the Don while the Don has to keep them at a distance, making the strategic decision between giving them good guns they can fight off other people with that they might turn on him later. I rate this game a 9/10 and would easily play it again

drat, that sounds cool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

dreamed i ws playing a new minigame game like a wario that had a swordfighting mose with a touchscreen. i was playing with an indeterminate buddy and doing really well, but for some reason i ws still losing health every time i hit him. this super pissed me off so i did my ultimate move that cut his character in half and won. suddenly my buddy got super pissed off and pulled a katana and screamed "now its your turn!" last thing i remember is the blade coming right for my face and then i woke up

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Spoderman posted:

dreamt that i was playing some ghostbusters style tf2 mode where you play as a medic and can heal your teammates, but your main objective is to get a ghost into a containment chamber. the players are all wearing enormous suits that are like an old fashioned diving suit with the big helmet. the game itself plays like a real life luigi’s mansion where you whip the ghost around with your beam which is an alt fire for the medic gun. but the whole thing took place in real life, so even though we’re catching a ghost, the ghost is just some part time worker who’s floating around and we’re clunking around in these enormous suits.

i’m playing through it for a few minutes and scoring some points but i realize my teammates aren’t playing the game, they’re just messing around on their phones in the spawn point. i go in and ask them what’s up and they tell me that if the ghost battle goes on for over 20 minutes, it gets much harder, and you can get special weapons and achievements for your tf2 account. so i start hanging out at the spawn too.

after a couple of minutes somebody from the front desk walks in and starts chewing us out because the guy who plays the ghost is getting sad that we’re leaving him alone. she then says that it’s the middle of the afternoon on a weekday and we’re the only customers in the place and we’re pissing her off so she’s going to close up the shop for lunch.

Lol. Janine ftw

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Spoderman posted:

Fungah! posted:

dreamed i ws playing a new minigame game like a wario that had a swordfighting mose with a touchscreen. i was playing with an indeterminate buddy and doing really well, but for some reason i ws still losing health every time i hit him. this super pissed me off so i did my ultimate move that cut his character in half and won. suddenly my buddy got super pissed off and pulled a katana and screamed "now its your turn!" last thing i remember is the blade coming right for my face and then i woke up

lol

GorfZaplen posted:

another imp dream game I seriously want to play

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Just dreamt that I saw a TV ad for some kind of big crossover marketing event that Nintendo was doing with McDonald's. Two guys in big foam Mario & Luigi suits were doing really labored 90s hiphop dance moves and singing out of breath:

I'm at the McDonald's
I'm at the Nintendo
I'm at the combination McDonald's and Nintendo

They weren't even trying to sound anything like Mario or Luigi. I remember being viscerally annoyed by the meter of the song being completely off and how lazy it sounded.

When the live-action guys in suits were done dancing, the style shifted into an animation that looked exactly like the Mario Bros Super Show cartoons, and Mario & Luigi came back onscreen to talk about the specifics of the promo. Mario had this deep raspy New Jersey gangster-boss voice and said "come and get yer free prize, ya friggin' jackass!" Luigi's voice was high-pitched and wavery and he sounded terrified and whimpered out "uhh yeah what da boss said! ha!" and Mario slapped him across the face.

Yoshi abruptly appeared in a super close-up, stared directly at the camera with an angry expression, and said in a flat yet incredibly loud and menacing Alec Baldwin voice "THE FUCKIN' PRIZE IS AT THE SUPER MCDONALD'S" three times in a row and then sighed dramatically, shook his head, threw his hands in the air and walked out of frame saying "I give up I can't get through to these fuckin' pricks"

I hated the commercial but I was still curious about getting some kind of free Nintendo prize, so I drove over to the "Super McDonald's", which was literally just three separate McDonald's buildings physically connected together. I was going to go inside to figure out what the prize was but I heard the annoying "combination McDonald's and Nintendo" song blaring on a loop from inside once I got into the parking lot and I decided it wasn't worth the trouble. I turned around to drive home, but couldn't find an exit to the parking lot for what felt like hours and the music kept getting louder and louder. I woke up in a cold sweat

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GorfZaplen posted:

Fungah! posted:

Lmao. all of the imp dream games sound badass

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

Just dreamt that I saw a TV ad for some kind of big crossover marketing event that Nintendo was doing with McDonald's. Two guys in big foam Mario & Luigi suits were doing really labored 90s hiphop dance moves and singing out of breath:

I'm at the McDonald's
I'm at the Nintendo
I'm at the combination McDonald's and Nintendo

They weren't even trying to sound anything like Mario or Luigi. I remember being viscerally annoyed by the meter of the song being completely off and how lazy it sounded.

When the live-action guys in suits were done dancing, the style shifted into an animation that looked exactly like the Mario Bros Super Show cartoons, and Mario & Luigi came back onscreen to talk about the specifics of the promo. Mario had this deep raspy New Jersey gangster-boss voice and said "come and get yer free prize, ya friggin' jackass!" Luigi's voice was high-pitched and wavery and he sounded terrified and whimpered out "uhh yeah what da boss said! ha!" and Mario slapped him across the face.

Yoshi abruptly appeared in a super close-up, stared directly at the camera with an angry expression, and said in a flat yet incredibly loud and menacing Alec Baldwin voice "THE FUCKIN' PRIZE IS AT THE SUPER MCDONALD'S" three times in a row and then sighed dramatically, shook his head, threw his hands in the air and walked out of frame saying "I give up I can't get through to these fuckin' pricks"

I hated the commercial but I was still curious about getting some kind of free Nintendo prize, so I drove over to the "Super McDonald's", which was literally just three separate McDonald's buildings physically connected together. I was going to go inside to figure out what the prize was but I heard the annoying "combination McDonald's and Nintendo" song blaring on a loop from inside once I got into the parking lot and I decided it wasn't worth the trouble. I turned around to drive home, but couldn't find an exit to the parking lot for what felt like hours and the music kept getting louder and louder. I woke up in a cold sweat

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Between Super McDonald's and gently caress you Nintendo please, Nintendo is getting pretty aggressive with their marketing these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
lmfao at every dream