Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: hot cocoa on the couch)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

deep dish peat moss posted:

A long time ago at this job I had we had a little scrap of paper with "at least you're not playing WoW anymore" written on it that we would put on the desk of anyone having a bad day to cheer them up

Hang in there kitten!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Smugworth posted:

Order from Jet's. Get the pan pizza.

#1 thats not even the best detroit style near me #2 do they have non-pan pizza #3 yes

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

#1 thats not even the best detroit style near me #2 do they have non-pan pizza #3 yes

Goddamn I forgot you were from Michigan
They have regular crust but their pan crust is so good
It's the only delivery pizza I really like in the Twin Cities

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
today's chill vibe, I drank a can of liquid death and listened to lofi video game music.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I could go for some of that Detroit style crust no lie

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

i remember jets being pretty fuggen hefty/beefy pie; too much to get every time you wanted pizza.

tehre was one like 600 feet from an apartment i was in long ago and i havent missed it since i left but i would one hundo eat it again

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

They opened a jets here this year and that's spot on. Also I hate them because if you order pickup you get asked for a tip two entire times, even if you tipped the first time. But it's a good pie

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

What do you consider reasonable/realistic drive time to a take out place: 15 minutes? 20? 30? One way...

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
10 minutes maybe. Max.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

cant think of any fast food worth more than a 15 minute drive. there is a carribean pleace in the city over i drive 30 mins to pick up from tho

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

redshirt posted:

What do you consider reasonable/realistic drive time to a take out place: 15 minutes? 20? 30? One way...

5 minutes max ideally, but it’s 20 min one way for me :thumbsdown:

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Oh yeah it's Friday

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I could realistically get to a place in 30 minutes, one way, but an hour round trip drive seems well beyond the pale.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

redshirt posted:

I could realistically get to a place in 30 minutes, one way, but an hour round trip drive seems well beyond the pale.

just eat it on site

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

just eat it on site

Still an hour drive.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

cant think of any fast food worth more than a 15 minute drive. there is a carribean pleace in the city over i drive 30 mins to pick up from tho

When I was in high school kids in my small town would drive two entire hours (four if you count the drive back) just for a smoothie/sandwich from a place called eegee's in Tucson. I always thought that they were verifiably insane

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I recently thought about getting some sort of device to keep takeout warm in my car while driving back home but I really don't get takeout or fast food very often anymore so I can't justify it.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

redshirt posted:

Still an hour drive.

Sleep in your car

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

I broke my chains of bondage 4 years ago when I learned how to make my own Chick-fil-A sauce at home. That or a homemade Oklahoma burger scratches that itch

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

Sleep in your car

BRB gonna plan some camper van experience....

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
jets is absolutely a sometimes food, that poo poo is way too heavy often

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Am I weird for thinking the following: I'd gladly walk 20 minutes (one way) to a place in the city for take out, but driving 20 minutes (one way) seems like way too much.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

redshirt posted:

Am I weird for thinking the following: I'd gladly walk 20 minutes (one way) to a place in the city for take out, but driving 20 minutes (one way) seems like way too much.

No. Why would that be weird?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Twenty minute walk is way better than twqenty minute drive. Unless the weather is unpleasant or something.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kntfkr posted:

No. Why would that be weird?

I don't know how to judge your human emotion and reaction at times....

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Watched that new Civil War movie. What a stinker. Went on a picnic though, lovely.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Taking a 20 minute walk is a little adventure, driving 20 minutes is a chore

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

redshirt posted:

Urban Hikes are some of the coolest poo poo you can do, so no

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Oops I misread that as 20 miles

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Walking a giant city 15+ miles end-to-end is cool as hell though I recommend everyone try it

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

There is only a limited amount of Friday left.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

redshirt posted:

I don't know how to judge your human emotion and reaction at times....

being sincere

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

kntfkr posted:

being sincere

as an autistic person I have found this can be unsettling to people

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

High-day

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Tea Party Crasher posted:

as an autistic person I have found this can be unsettling to people

I just blast through it, OR, counter intuitively, watch and wait and ponder and move so ever slowly....

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
I used to be pretty strategic about how everything was perceived and taken, and now it's like totally gone from my brain. Too much bandwidth. I just try to keep a few core social principles in mind and vibe it out. Now online where you can do whatever? I'm off the map and say some stuff that I'm sure is perceived as crazy, as I'm more unmoored from social context due to no faces, body language etc. and mostly just do what I want.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i'm the guy who doesn't even know anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39Yogd_fpko

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

here is this weeks artworks

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Erotic

Adbot