Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: hot cocoa on the couch)

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Wendigee posted:

lol

But also why do you like that song? Kntfkr wouldn't just go on the Internet and lie...

smugworth on the other hand lies like a DOG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Almost went out drinking tonight. My friend wanted to do a fish fry and he asked me at 5:30pm and I said sure. I asked when and he said he's hungry now. I ask him where he wants to go. He wanted to go to a new place but he drove by and it's still too packed. I suggest a place and he says he doesn't want to go there. I ask him where he wants to go again. He doesn't get back to me. I ask him what's going on and he said he stopped at a bar for a drink... almost 2 hours later. He asked if I still wanted to go so I said no.

I'm cooking and eating at home. Dodged a bullet there!

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

hell yeah goon

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Almost went out drinking tonight. My friend wanted to do a fish fry and he asked me at 5:30pm and I said sure. I asked when and he said he's hungry now. I ask him where he wants to go. He wanted to go to a new place but he drove by and it's still too packed. I suggest a place and he says he doesn't want to go there. I ask him where he wants to go again. He doesn't get back to me. I ask him what's going on and he said he stopped at a bar for a drink... almost 2 hours later. He asked if I still wanted to go so I said no.

lovin these friday decisions pennywise, putting the other posters here to shame

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
To be honest, had he gotten back to me right away I was going to do it. But I really don't feel like getting drunk so I don't know how many beers I would have had. The only problem is that when I get home I usually want to keep going. I'm glad it worked out this way.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

good job brother

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

To be honest, had he gotten back to me right away I was going to do it. But I really don't feel like getting drunk so I don't know how many beers I would have had. The only problem is that when I get home I usually want to keep going. I'm glad it worked out this way.

nice work dude!! one of the ways thats helped me a lot with cutting down is avoiding triggers. for me it's avoiding certain social situations and making sure i get out of ones i do really wanna go to on time

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Saalkin posted:

Indeed.

Second post: penny wise is doing well and that makes me happy.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
:glomp: to you guys.

Also, The Great Escape is an amazing movie. It's on AMC right now. So good.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
one time i smoked salvia and i was looking at this tree across this field from me and it turned into me and as that happened i also turned into a tree and it winked at me and ran off and i was a tree

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Saalkin posted:

smug’s doing the best he can with what god gave him. try to have some empathy for once

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

TrashMammal posted:

smug’s doing the best he can with what god gave him. try to have some empathy for once

No

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

thought that was a kermit but now i’m pretty sure it’s a constantine

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

TrashMammal posted:

too many words dude

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

It's early. Let's all have a good time!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I think I'm gonna smoke some weed and play Medieval 2.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gp059tGqBI

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
i met that dude in like 2011 i think? forever ago. cool dude.

also yes its early time 2 game

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I haven't played a video game in... A long time

Dynavap doing the work.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Oooo, I'm going to turn on Kingdom of Heaven director's cut while playing. I always do that when it's late and I'm playing games. I turn on something along the same theme.

KoH didn't do well but I absolutely love that movie. The director's cut is amazing. Albeit, a bit long.

edit: eh, 3 hours. It'll be done before 2am if I don't pause it a ton, which I will.

edit 2: here's penny sleeping on one of my guitars last night

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Apr 20, 2024

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

I’m rooting for you Pennywise, you’re good people

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

It is Friday. I think I might play some chess.

I like lichess.org for match making

I play at least a few games a week

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Apr 20, 2024

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I love it when the German starts murdering people with a crossbow bolt through his throat.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

Smugworth posted:

Hey fellow poster! I think you may have the wrong thread, here is the fried egg thread.

Eggs hurt my tummy, and they don't offer the chance to redeem tickets for spider rings and fun size candy

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Kingdom of Heaven Director’s Cut is one of my favorite movies.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

fridays, huh.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Staying up til midnight every other thursday so I can watch my bank account get fatter in real time

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

staying up hoping the new one piece drops before bed

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

A nightly thing for me has been getting ripped rear end stoned, booting up Balatro with the sound and music off, and just listening to random rear end albums I haven't heard before.
And I gotta be real, I've heard a lot of Whitney Houston songs on their own before (obvs), but the soundtrack to The Bodyguard is good as poo poo man. Listened to the whole thing in one go during some Balateeznus tn and it's just one bomb rear end song after another.
My favorite is Even If My Heart Would Break cuz Aaron Neville has prob the most beautiful voice I've ever heard from a man - so drat smooth.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

A lot of 90s albums just had such crisp rear end production - so good to listen to on my Aryas, before everything just got aggressively loud as poo poo.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Fryday

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Thats an inconsiderate friendo, friend.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

A nightly thing for me has been getting ripped rear end stoned, booting up Balatro with the sound and music off, and just listening to random rear end albums I haven't heard before.
And I gotta be real, I've heard a lot of Whitney Houston songs on their own before (obvs), but the soundtrack to The Bodyguard is good as poo poo man. Listened to the whole thing in one go during some Balateeznus tn and it's just one bomb rear end song after another.
My favorite is Even If My Heart Would Break cuz Aaron Neville has prob the most beautiful voice I've ever heard from a man - so drat smooth.

May I recommend this dope-rear end album that defies all description

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

It's avant-garde as gently caress rap though outside of a couple tracks. The more I listen to it the more I realize how brilliant it is. ok peace

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Apr 26, 2024

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Ah, it's that time again.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I’m overseas in a country where where alcohol is illegal but the BBQ is good. Mixed Friday vibes.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
thinking to practice some guitar cuz I wanna learn how to play that sweet riff from Madness of an Architecht

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

MrQwerty posted:

thinking to practice some guitar cuz I wanna learn how to play that sweet riff from Madness of an Architecht

Get a little Guitar&R

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

deep dish peat moss posted:

Get a little Guitar&R

maybe hang out with my buddy after he gets off work and play around on his Mapex kit because I've been working on learning the intro of Fertile Green/outro of King of Days, too