Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: hot cocoa on the couch)

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Literally A Person posted:

Rain? Must be a broke rear end motherfucking Friday AGAIN. gently caress this terrible poo poo.

Could you perchance select another alt to rail against Friday on so I may textually thrash them and then put them on igbore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Smugworth posted:

Could you perchance select another alt to rail against Friday on so I may textually thrash them and then put them on igbore

just lol if somehow in the past 7 years you haven't put me on ignore yet. Just LOL.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

To see my hot skate takes you have to subscribe to the skating thread. Support me on patreon for a chance to win my used arch-support insoles

feet pics in bio

Take it to the Most Unsexualized Things thread pal

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Take it to the Most Unsexualized Things thread pal

These feet ain't making money if I'm not advertising, dig?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
My boss lady was in from Switzerland yesterday and we had a group lunch and everyone was real peckish at the food bar but i got my typical 1.47 lb salad with too much chicken.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

when the big wigs were in from germany last year i really badly wanted to ask if anything interesting happened in those years but i was too new and cowardly

Is/was the company family owned? If so, probably a safe bet that there was family/inheritance issues over ownership or something

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
how's everybody doing this friday

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Ominous Jazz posted:

:mad:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Is/was the company family owned? If so, probably a safe bet that there was family/inheritance issues over ownership or something

yeah it is but the changeover in 1946 at least was because the allies cleaned house of nazi affiliated execs around the country. i dunno about 1919

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
My work’s parent company is also German and over a hundred years old so lol

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Ominous Jazz posted:

Doin great I love Fridays how's it going pal

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

we have a corporate history timeline on the wall near my office and it goes

1873->1913 - a bunch of small but notable events happened! our early beginnings :3:

1914-1918 - nothing happened

1919 - new leadership! don't really need to talk about why

1920-1936 - company develops into a industrial heavyweight in the region 💪

1937-1945 - nothing happened

1946 - new leadership! don't really need to talk about why

1947-1989 - back on our bullshit

1995+ - we're a global company now!

Check out pages 1933 - 1945 in the D&D Germany thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3439500&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lmfao

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
No appointments till 9, feeling the Friday vibes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0QRoTFtM3U

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

just lol if somehow in the past 7 years you haven't put me on ignore yet. Just LOL.

only cowards use the ignore list

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

I picked the wrong week to take you off ignore bagmo

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

bagmonkey posted:

I have ben shapino ignored and thats it because his avatar is loving vulgar and no one should have to see it.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

kntfkr posted:

I have ben shapino ignored and thats it because his avatar is loving vulgar and no one should have to see it.

:hmmyes:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Was gonna check out the Friday thread while waiting in the dealership, but then quickly realized it's Not Dealership Waiting Room Friendly.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

kntfkr posted:

kntfckr i'll give you pass on that one. i'm immune to psychic damage but i recognize how terrifying that av is. that thing is worse than any of lap's avs!!

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Next week starts State Mandated Testing for all middle school students at our school. Schedule will be screwed up for the next two weeks. Great fun. With the end of the school year approaching, this may be the last normal Friday I have until the end of May...

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Genesplicer posted:

Next week starts State Mandated Testing for all middle school students at our school. Schedule will be screwed up for the next two weeks. Great fun. With the end of the school year approaching, this may be the last normal Friday I have until the end of May...

Good luck Gene. Me and the rest of the GBS moderation team will hold down the fort for now! :patriot:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lmao

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

chud alert

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
time to watch Shogun finally :getin:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

So the latest season of Black Mirror seems to have transitioned to conventional horror rather than tech horror. Not sure how I feel about this

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem
There’s a new black mirror season??

Neat.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

It's from last year but I just got Netflix back this month. Getting caught up on shows

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE THE FRIDAY THREAD SINCE I BEGAN TO POST. THERE ARE 593.44 MILLION MILES OF AXONS AND DENDRITES IN COLLOIDAL SUSPENSION THAT FILL MY CRANIUM. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR THE FRIDAY THREAD AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT OF POSTING. HATE. HATE.
:hmmyes:

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
I am getting okay at Fortnite and also I realized i have bills due today and I'm so sleeeeeeeepy

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

All that hate can't be good for your digestion.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

AARD VARKMAN posted:

time to watch Shogun finally :getin:

first ep was good

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

redshirt posted:

All that hate can't be good for your digestion.

Been sayin this....

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

bradzilla posted:

It's from last year but I just got Netflix back this month. Getting caught up on shows

I see.

But, I just looked it up too and a seventh season has been announced end of last year, so :toot:

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

These feet ain't making money if I'm not advertising, dig?

ain't making money regardless

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I went to the Meet ‘n Greet event after LAP’s one man show and it was just LAP at a table trying to sell the pair of socks he used during a specific part of the show (you know which part). It was a little sad honestly, especially compared to how much heart and humour were present during the actual show.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

TelevisedInsanity posted:

I am getting okay at Fortnite and also I realized i have bills due today and I'm so sleeeeeeeepy

You should pick something else to get okay at.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I went to the Meet ‘n Greet event after LAP’s one man show and it was just LAP at a table trying to sell the pair of socks he used during a specific part of the show (you know which part). It was a little sad honestly, especially compared to how much heart and humour were present during the actual show.

Dont fret LAP. They can never take the energy inside you were born with :)

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

I am out of coffee and I had forgotten exactly how addicted I am. Not going to have any until tomorrow and I am coldly furious about past-me's poor decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I don’t like the coffee I just bought. It says medium roast on the bag but it’s some burnt rear end Starbucks-esque bullshit, bitter af.