Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: hot cocoa on the couch)

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Friday thread

A new show by Boots Riley came out today on Amazon Prime. It's called I'm a Virgo. It's extremely good. I don't want to spoil anything but it only gets better as it goes. If you like Sorry To Bother You or the music of The Coup you should watch it :hai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSyKhFwEo7c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Saalkin posted:

Oh poo poo. Gonna check this out. Boots owns

The tv show format works so much better for his brand of magic, but I really don't want to say more about it because it works so drat well if you go in blind. What would be a twist in a movie is allowed to be a full character arc in a show format and it rules

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG9yrCREmoQ

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I got a cool plat icon from the friday forum

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Here's a very good zombie movie most people probably haven't seen + you can watch the entire thing on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrKszy4HqRI

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I have a job interview on this fine Friday. At a place that offered me a job 5 years ago and I turned it down.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

More like Can'tada make a goddamn taco

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

My job interview today got me a second interview on Tuesday :hellyeah:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

kntfkr posted:

so bored of special k "with red berries" even though the red berries are just strawberries.

You have to do this to be sold in California ever since they banned straws

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

SIDS Vicious posted:

did i aleeadyr post that time feels a lot slower on this drug

that's why people on adderall are so good at video games

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

SIDS Vicious posted:

i am playing a bunch of idle games in my browser what ones do you like

Shark Game

https://cirri.al/sharks/

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

also lmao "playing a bunch of idle games in my browser" reminds me of my adderall days

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

SIDS Vicious posted:

my wife just said in the 13 years she has known me she has never seen me sit still as long as i have this evening

hell yea, it's a wonderful place to be

I had to stop taking stimulant meds for ADHD because I also have PTSD and stimulants make that worse, but I started Strattera recently and I'm starting to get some of that ability to sit still back

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

SIDS Vicious posted:

oh great i was also diagnosed with c-ptsd so lets hope
that doesnt turn bad

You'll probably be ok for some people stimulants help with PTSD symptoms. For me it caused a real bad manic phase + paranoid breakdown after I had been on Adderall for like a year and a half but my old doctor probably also had me on too high of a dose. I was also on Adderall when something really traumatic happened to me and being on stims during trauma is really bad so I guess try to avoid that

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I drew a yam and a corn

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I had an appointment to give blood and afterward they sent me a survey and one of the questions asked if I would find it helpful if they had drive-through dropoff points for future blood-giving

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

numberoneposter posted:

time to get the star trek goin :cool:

drat now I want to do this

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

numberoneposter posted:

anyone else say "walking the dog" to the tune of judas priest "breaking the law"?

If I had a dog I would do it to the tune of Stayin' Alive

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Sriracha is for people who wear a hotsauce toolbelt to work

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Wendigee posted:

Would one of you help me out? I'm trying to find my forums id and failing.. the number associated with your account?

I looked through the account settings for awhile and I'm not seeing it.

click the link to view your profile and it's at the end of the url here's yours:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=59309

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

AARD VARKMAN posted:

does anyone know of any good comic books to read i finally have a tablet with a decent screen

I always thought Powers was cool it's about a non-superpowered police detective in a city where superpowers are common, who investigates crimes involving superpowers.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Ooh this sounds like the ticket. I was looking for something superheroy but not like, set in marvel universe or whatever

It's kind of corny but Common Grounds is fun too. It's about a coffee shop where superheroes and supervillains hang out and it kind of explores the human side of superpowered people. It can be sappy but it has some kinda heartwarming unexpected moments

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Bad Purchase posted:

they heard people complaining about the coffee shop AU trope and thought, hey, that’s a pretty great idea

in the sequel all the heroes go to the same high school

To be fair to it it was originally a small scale indie publication released in 1994 way before that trope and was about a donut shop called Holy Crullers but when they got a signed deal to do a bigger release in 2004 they changed it to a coffee shop so DC wouldn't sue them because the original name was making fun of things Robin says

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I had a dream last night where I was a secret agent on a team of secret agents that were pretending to be mundane office workers, and we had a rivalry with another group of secret agents pretending to be mundane office workers in a different office. My team of secret agents decided to infiltrate the opposing ones. But all of my team got caught and found out as soon as we showed up and they were executed. I was in this office as the last person they didn't know was a secret agent but I was sure I would be found out soon so I slipped out the door and started running and I guess it was at like a really fancy university campus or something? All the buildings were sandstone and there were a lot of trees and gardens. Anyway I was running through campus and some kind of hall monitor person put their hand out to tell me to stop running, but right as they were saying "stop running!" I jumped and did some kind of parkour thing where I grabbed a sign on a pole and swung 90 degrees to the left and kept running that way and the hall monitor just said "Wait that worked? Nice."

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I've been competing in pro hugging tournaments for a decade I can say from experience that no kid gives the best hugs, that title belongs to a tiny little Lithuanian bodybuilder for the past 6 years

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

satanic splash-back posted:

I'm glad you have the courage to be wrong

You clearly don't know anything of Bronislovas Butkus's legacy

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

It's friday and I'm going to watch one or more of these movies

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I could probably watch 3 or 4 of them before the sun comes up if I try hard enough

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I watched demolition man

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I watched Collateral last night and it was good. Realized I never watched it before because I confused it with Collateral Damage.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Umm excuse me but Pizza Hut was the only franchise to survive the franchise wars. All restaurants are Pizza Hut.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I was rude and made fun of drinking in the last Dry Jan thread but I won't do that this year b/c I don't even drink anyway and have no right to be in the thread

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I wish you all the best of luck in your quest to no longer be wet

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

It's Friday and I'm going to finish watching Miami Vice then watch one of these other unwatched movies :hellyeah:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Chinatown posted:

only people who belong in front of tha supermarket are girl scouts slinging cookies

This is hosed up. What about Tamale Ladies?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I got a new job today and also enrolled in school to get my master's in cybersecurity :hellyeah:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

That looks like a cool spot to sit and eat a 'wich

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Saalkin posted:

trying to smoke the blues away

Miles D made a song about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLDflhhdPCg

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

You're stuck on a desert island and have to choose 3 rappers to share the island with the rest of ur life, who do you choose.

I only need 2 and we're going to have a pizza party on the island

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3_scy9o51k

edit: actually I'll bring Danny Brown as my 3rd +1

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jan 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Solefald posted:

wait what your old avatar wasn't actually you?

The new av is actually him