Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: hot cocoa on the couch)

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQFx7lF8b_s

nobody can hear you scream on a friday, because it's a great day and there's no reason to scream.

edit: I didn't mean to post this, I wasn't finished writing. However, I did discover you can press ctrl-enter to automatically submit a post, that's neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

It's Friday! Should I make pizza? I should probably make pizza.

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

itry posted:

Just imagine it's an overlarge stepladder, which is basically just a glorified squatty potty.

Nice ladder. For a clown! To poop on!

Edit:

:haibrower:

I made pizza, and it was delicious. :chef:

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

It's pizza day :love:

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

Luvcow posted:

same

thinking pepperoni, pineapple and hot sauce again

This sounds delicious. Sadly I don't have too much to put on my pizza, so onions, mushrooms, chili flakes, and whatever else I can conjure but pizza is pizza and it's gonna be great :cool:

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

satanic splash-back posted:

All this pizza talk is forgetting another Friday night MVP, Chinese takeout.

Chinese food definitely deserves a mention, and now that you've mentioned it, you've reminded me that I haven't made dumplings in a while. That could be a good Saturday project.

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

I hope the friday night pizza and chinese food enjoyers enjoyed their food this evening as much as I did :cheers:

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

Good morning! It’s November 25th.

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

Been making gifs all friday, I'm not great with text but should do the trick

digitalist fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Nov 25, 2022

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

It's been a pretty lovely week but I got a pizza in the oven and video games planned with a friend this evening which is pretty cool.

Sending happy and chill friday vibes to all :cool:

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

It’s pizza day

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

Luvcow posted:

friday pie day

:haibrower:

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

hope everyone has a wonderful friday

digitalist fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Dec 9, 2022

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

zone posted:

Happy birthday to me! I'm 33 today. :toot:

Happy birthday and happy Friday! :toot:

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

it's my birthday. good night

:toot:

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

I stumbled on this mix, and it's been perfect for some chill friday vibes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV2wmzdoEEw

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

bagmonkey posted:

as the resident dj mix poster guy I am clicking this to review. Off to a good start fam.

I was actually thinking there was a track or two in this that fit the style of song you would have shared in the song thread. I particularly enjoy the one that starts at 3:30sih.

edit: and 13:30ish, 16, 20, 29, 43, 1:27 is nice, 1:37 :heysexy:

On my second playthrough atm, noting the good ones so I can find the individual tracks later.

digitalist fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 30, 2023

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

this isn't some kind of dick sucking factory

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

also still loving friday

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

brazenly posting in the friday thread on saturday morning :cool:

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

Happy Friday morning from the best time zone in the galaxy!

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

Gonna start my day with steel cut oats, crushed walnuts, cranberries, cinnamon, and brown sugar. But that’s every day really, thinking about pizza for tonight :cool:

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

bagmonkey posted:

what's the version of the second page for a sticky thread? Friday pulse is weak fam

humbly requesting a friday soundtrack from the resident DJ to get this party jumpin

YeahTubaMike posted:

My cat appreciates the industrial fan I just bought

sweet cat :catte:

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

:powercatte: :powercatte:

On fridays, I'm in love. That is most definitely a sweet kitty.

Here is a terrible photo of the wonderful kitty I am taking care of. She's 17 and wasn't doing well in her home with 4 kids and a dog. She has been doing much better here, she's a bit grumpy but has been coming around :catte:

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

Bad Purchase posted:

thinkin to pizza for dinner

thinking this would be a good purchase

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

chill cat chillin' on a friday night to some good beats and delicious treats

Only registered members can see post attachments!

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

it lives! happy friday morning :cool:

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

I was informed the first episode of Foundation season 2 dropped, will give that a watch tonight. Enjoyed the first season, hoping this one is also good!

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Depends on how much of it is Lee Pace making out with himself. It better be like 50% of the time.

Did I miss this? I meant to rewatch season 1 but never got around to it. I will also say that I am pretty forgiving of TV stuff, and it's been decades since I've read the books, so I might not be the best judge.

Anyway, wasn't able to find Lee Pace making out with himself on youtube so here's the closest thing to it I could find,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ_v-P3exwk

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

kntfkr posted:

canadiens

A Canadien would never work for a company called maple leaf, in this instance, probably just a Canadian.

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

When I first went vegan I relied a lot on that kind of stuff, but eventually learned how to cook and left most of it behind, it has its place I guess

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

Bad Purchase posted:

i love loaded up veggie pizzas

can’t really make them at home with a regular oven though, not enough heat to dry out and roast the veggies before the crust or cheese burns, so it just comes out kinda soggy

If I'm not feeling lazy, I've taken to pre-cooking my toppings before putting everything in the oven which has yielded nice results

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

Wendigee posted:

Skulling a couple bottles of piss before I head out to a dive bar/karaoke place for the evening. My vertigo from my head injury has finally completely healed so I'm going to go try and get another!

Looking forward to seeing some friends and acquaintances I haven't seen in a month!

this is awesome, I think I remember you writing it could be permanent? Or something like that, anyway, nothing more valuable than good health

had a beer and gonna make some pasta w/peanut sauce, I've been sick and I won't have the appetite for a whole pizza over the next few days, next weekend I should be good go

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

Slugworth posted:

He really is quite striking.

This guy is pretty cool

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

Bad Purchase posted:

basically just a $200 squat rack from a macy's sale a year or two back, a barbell, some walmart plates, adjustable dumbells, and an adjustable bench

oh, and of course HORSE MATS

Nice! I’ve always wanted to get a rack but living in an apartment made that impossible. I do have a Concept2 rower, bench, and adjustable weights though. Have been getting back into my routine after slacking for a while but yeah, got sick early this week. Hopefully I can get back on track this week.

What does your routine look like?

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

Bad Purchase posted:

for the past 3 months or so i've worked out basically every day. however i've been pretty casual about the workouts themselves.

i try to hit one big compound lift (squat, deadlift, bench, pullups) and then one accessory or lighter lift (overhead press, dumbell rows, shoulder work, curls, etc) each day

i do 5 sets of 10 of everything except deadlifts, which is more like 4 sets of 10 (and usually my first set or two are 20-30 lbs lighter than the last two) because that one takes a lot out of me. also i did smaller sets of pullups until i got to the point that i could actually do 10 in one set.

i have chronic low back/hip pain and so i only deadlift and squat once per week. so far so good, i might try to add a 2nd squat day soon.

this takes 45 min to an hour each day, and usually i'm doing other stuff in the house or even playing a bit of zelda or D4 for a couple min in between sets.

because it's so spaced out and short, it's not great cardio, so i'm looking to maybe start biking or running as well

I'm no expert but this sounds pretty good. I've also been experiencing lower back pain recently so trying to do focus on that, is there anything specific you found to target that? Workout wise or just general info on it. I've been meaning to do more research, for the time being I was just getting back into my routine but taking it real easy. For weights I'm just doing a 3 day split - push/pull/legs, and on 3 of the off days 30 minutes on the rower and 1 rest day. Bulking isn't my primary objective so I was happy with that routine. Always open to changing things up though.

I used to run a lot but my knees suck. I managed to run a half marathon (in training) but that just killed my knees and I had to pull back, which is what prompted starting on the rower and then covid prompted the purchase of my very own concept2 and I've managed to put just over a million meters on that thing. It's wonderful and being able to take it apart into two pieces made it possible to store without taking too much room in a small space. It's all pretty expensive but honestly probably the best purchases I've ever made, don't regret any of it. One day I'll get that rack.

digitalist fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jul 15, 2023

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

that's a rather large ball

Bad Purchase posted:

doing something every day has made it easy to stick to. no excuses or putting it off.

reduce the work weight on my aging body, which i hope will reduce the chance of injury

:hmmyes:

The hard part is doing it every day. With that said, I'm gonna have another beer cause it's still friday :cool:

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

redshirt posted:

I'm setting up a date!

:hfive:

goodnight friday, cya next week!

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

Saalkin posted:

Saturday

well now I feel foolish :colbert:

redshirt posted:

We're gonna meet hundreds of miles away.

big plans lined up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

redshirt posted:

A centrally located Mexican restaraunt.

awesome man, good luck!

this week the friday thread outlasts me, time for sleep.