Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: hot cocoa on the couch)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Big Beef City posted:

I wanna eat that many oysters

Like once a year or so Mrs Beef gives me the OK to order in a sack of them from the coast and I just stand in the kitchen cleanin' and shuckin' 'em and goin hog wild. Other than that there's only like 1 other place near by that does them decent that I know of but they cost even more than getting them mail ordered like that so it's a wash

I've been to one place that I know of (The Boat House, about 50 feet from Lake Michigan) that serves oysters and I'm concerned about a place in WI selling oysters.

I've never had an oyster before though. :(

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Big Beef City posted:

I think you've said you've got a Festival by you, if you watch their seafood section, esp. during their 'Seafood Days' sales, they'll have them fresh on ice.
You can shuck them using a short handle flat head screw driver (screw the haters on this). Buy a half-dozen, give it a shot!

I love to try them. But aren't they normally eaten raw? And normally don't you just slurp them down your throat? That doesn't seem very enjoyable. I like to chew my food to get the flavor.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Wendigee posted:

I love thunderstorms.

:hmmyes:

Unless it floods and damages a whole lot of homes. But I love thunderstorms. I wanted to be a storm chaser when I was a kid. I wanted to go to Texas A&M for meteorology but then... you know.... reality.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Big Beef City posted:

I'll be frank with you. It's like taking a cold fresh cum-shot

Well now I'm curious.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

now breakfast for DINNER :blastu:

:frogon:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
The SA SCREAM STREAM!!!!

And gonna get a pizza and wings probably.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3980898

Every Fri/Sat/Sun night throughout October we have a night of 2 horror movies followed by 4 TV shows. This year it's Alfred Hitchcock and the 80s Twilight Zone. It's movies and chat with goons! And there's a pizza raffle!

It's a lot of fun and probably the only thing I look forward to all year. This year's theme is directors who have only made one horror movie ever. Tonight is Nosferatu (1979) and The Living Skeleton. I haven't seen either. I usually get very drunk and order a pizza if I didn't win. But I won last week and have to save it for probably tonight because I was pizza'd out last week.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Big Beef City posted:

I wish I was a living skeleton

You are!!!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
There's no way they'd let me be a juror. Unless they don't check for mental illness and hatred bias against cops. Also a strong sense of justice for what's right regardless of the law.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Gettin' my booster today. I have to drive to the Milwaukee VA. I probably could have just gone across the street to CVS but I wanted to keep all of my shots with them because they have an internal record database that I can always check.

Might stop at Costco on the way back. It's been too long since I've been there.

Then it's homework all day. :(

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Sneaking in a Saturday post. :twisted:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Nooner posted:

Imma eat sime thabksgiving leftovers today (:

:hfive:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't do anything fun ever. And not on Fridays.

Right now I'm beating myself up for not having the mental energy to do homework. I'm half watching Uncharted with Gordon Ramsey and shitposting instead. I tried playing a game, Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars, but I got bored after one mission and quit.

Not drinking can get boring sometimes. Someone have fun in my stead.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

interwhat posted:

I'm happy you're not spending your night drinking alone, buddy. I'm drinking, but I do support your movement in the right direction.

:hfive:

I hope you're having fun! That's all I wanted!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It's Friday and I have homework to catch up on from like..... 3 weeks ago. The semester ends next week.

Here's some kitten news. This little fucker has been on a rampage this Friday morning. Jesus christ he was driving me insane. He finally wore himself out about a half hour ago.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

YeahTubaMike posted:

He's adorable! What's his name? :D

Pennywise. I didn't name him. The shelter did. Swear to god lol.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

YeahTubaMike posted:

I agree, but I think we need more pictures of him to fully confirm that he is exactly as good as we both think he is. We just need to be extra sure, you know?

I've been getting tired in the early evening and have been taking 2 hour naps. Every single time I lay down on my couch he jumps on me and sleeps there the whole time I'm asleep. :3:

He also just discovered this.

god drat it

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I just tried the game Valheim. I'm not a fan, just because there is no direction. I don't like open ended games I guess. I need quests or some sort of goal to accomplish. There was no guidance at the beginning so I had to immediately google a beginning walkthrough. Not off to a good start Valheim.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Draw me like one of your French girls.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
This morning I got pumped full of profofol and ketamine and got my brain electrocuted to induce a seizure. 3rd day this week.

Fun Friday! At least I got to go home from the hospital after 5 days in a locked down ward so I'm really happy about that. And everyone was very nice. Although as I was leaving someone was like... dying or something. About 10+ doctors came in with med/defib carts and stretchers and stuff while alarms were going off in the hospital. I was just talking to the guy like 30 minutes earlier. I hope he made it. :(

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

epic random user posted:

win OP, does ECT actually work?

This is my 3rd time getting a series of it. Last was in 2014. It worked in the past but hosed up my memory pretty badly. This time they're doing a different positioning and I haven't had any problems so far. I'm going to get getting some more though so it's a bit early to tell if it's working this time. I'm scheduled for 3 more next week (outpatient at least) and then maybe 2 the next week and so on.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

mods are known to hate funny posters

free dad gay, so what!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

did you adopt his persona and also get a mod star for it?

Yes. His soul and mine became intertwined and now he lives THROUGH ME!!!!! LOL ::DDDDDDDD

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
HAPPY SATURDAY, FRIDAY THREAD!!!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I was going to have a nice lonely New Years but my nephew called me up and wants to stay over so he'll do that and we'll play Battle Masters (board game) and I just bought Total War: Warhammer 2 so we can play that too. I'll make something for dinner. Little meatloaf things with roasted sweet potatoes and broccoli. I was going to make that for meal prep but I'll have a bunch so that'll work out fine.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I had ECT today. It loving sucked.

This was before the treatment.

They picked me up at 5:30am for a treatment at 9am or so. I hate waiting that long anyway. Some other dude's biopsy in the room I was going to use went over and I ended up waiting a total of 5.5 hours.

My seizure lasted 72 seconds, longer than any I've ever had before that I know of. Usually they're about 15. I feel like absolute poo poo and have one of the worst headaches of my life. I sneezed and it felt like someone hit me on the back of a skull with a bat.

I'm not happy right now.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Days mean nothing to me. But I'm happy it's Friday for all of you!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

hey nice new av lmfao

They had that a long time ago and I've always loved it. Good to see it again.

I mostly identify posters by their AV so I just assumed they weren't posting anymore.

Happy Friday everyone! I did homework today finally!

edit: oh they just changed it to the one I remember. That's the one I was talking about.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
My go to beer is Miller Lite and I actually enjoy it so I can't say poo poo.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

It’s a good “ice cold after mowing the lawn” beer

:hmmyes:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Hi Friday thread.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Uneventful. I woke up at almost 1pm and have just been watching Vertical Limit on TV and shitposting. I don't feel great from drinking yesterday but I guess not too different than I normally feel.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah. I'm not falling off the wagon. This was just another time I wanted to drink and was ok with it. I have 91 days but with 2 slips. I'm not unhappy with that at all.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Big Beef City posted:

Nothing says quality first date like eating crab Rangoon off each other's nipples in public

That honestly sounds good. I love crab rangoon and I love titties.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BONER X posted:

im watchin starship troopers for the first time theyre about to go to war

Hell yeah! That's one of my favorite movies!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Drinking Coors Light, watching Cage Fighters 133 MMA fight on UFC Fight Pass streaming, and constantly checking news about Ukraine. :)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Had a traditional Wisconsin Friday fish fry with my mom for lunch. We have a large Catholic population here. My whole family is. Not really me though, or my sister.

It wasn't bad.

Non Krampus Mentis posted:

on my way home for a bong and some swashbuckle movies

What movies?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel