Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: hot cocoa on the couch)

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

It's not easy being 40C000
Parallaxing to the Xtreme
Hello, I would like to start participating in the Friday thread.

It's 10:45 Central time here, and Friday is wrapping up.

Long time lurker. I have nothing to add, but I wanted to jump in or I never will. So, how do I get one of those flashy Friday Crew gang tags?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Went to the gym after work. 5 min elliptical warm up, then 10 min stretching, 15 minutes weight lifting, then 20 minutes swimming. I also walked to work and back home for a total of 11k steps today.

Feeling the good kind of sore. Maybe I'll do it again tomorrow. Gotta finish my library books before their due.

Goodnight Friday thread. Time for bed.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

TelevisedInsanity posted:

I am late to the friday thread. But my birthday was two weeks ago. And now I can finally say happy birthday me. And possibly Doordash a cake.

There's a very e/n reason as to why 😭

Happy Birthday :toot: 🥳

Edit: I hope you're got yourself something nice! what kind of cake did you get?

And a happy Friday to you all. The CBD drink is kicking in about now. :cheers:

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Wringing ringing in Friday on the forums at 1am because I've had nasty insomnia for at least a month.

Here's hoping the new pills help 💊:420: I'm losing track of days.

Ulillinguist fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Mar 22, 2024

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

TURTLE SLUT posted:

let's all post our favorite pick up lines. ill start:

"do you have some dollars"
"ignorant piss-rear end"
"what is it anyway"

Here's one I got last week:

"HEY BLONDIE!!!"

"HEY!! COME HERE! BLONDIE! COME HERE!!"

"...YOU DROPPED SOMETHING."

(I check behind me)

"I KNEW YOU COULD HEAR ME!!! COME HERE! COME HERE! Come here! COME OVER HERE!!!"

The 'you dropped something' line really worked to get me to pause. Bravo to that rear end in a top hat's ingenuity, I hadn't got that one before! However, it's the general shouting cat calls that's always a turn off.

Also, a guy walked up to me in the park and asked me how old I was, and when I answered he looked shocked and disappapointed, and said "oh." Which was a little bit of an insult because he wasn't interested in a woman older than him, but it also felt like a compliment because I must look a few years younger than I am. :sparkles: I'm still riding that high a year later. :sparkles:

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

TURTLE SLUT posted:

mine were jokes but that sucks a lot.

"well, how is it to have sex? haha" is another good one

Sorry, I'm not trying to bring down the Friday thread.

On another note, I got myself into the gym tonight, and that always gets me feeling good.

5min walk/5 min run
10 min stretching
15 min weight lifting
20+ swimming

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

TURTLE SLUT posted:

no need to be sorry, you should talk about heavy poo poo when you feel like it.

what sort of a bourgeoisie gym has a pool where you can swim for 20 minutes??

:thanks: :h:

I go to LifeTime Fitness which is fairly bougie. My workplace gives me a discount, so I treated myself to a membership this year as my Christmas present to myself.

However, I'm still fortunate that the pool is the least-used part of the gym, so I can typically get a lane to myself for 20 minutes. It's my special place. :comfyoot: sometimes I just hang out there and read.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

TrashMammal posted:

concern was more about the degree of strangeness. turns the strange honey is in fact good for anxiety, but now everything feels like it’s vibrating and i think it’s gonna take a bit to figure out if that was an acceptable tradeoff

Is this that Tibetan honey that's made by bees that frequent psychadelic flowers? I tried two teaspoons of that stuff once and it had no effect.

How are you doing now?

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Day 15 of new prescription, no side effects this time, and having less insomnia. Despite being up at 1:30 am, I'll probably go to bed soon.

My estranged father texts me out of the blue. Says he wants to make things right...just as I start to feel better and had let go of wanting him in my life. :wtfdude:

Anyway, PAYDAY TODAY! I want to go check out Dune 2 while its in theaters.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

credburn posted:

Hey gang, how foamy is your urine?

0-1% foamy.

credburn posted:

Sometimes the pee is so foamy that it takes three flushes to get 100% of the foam gone.

:psyduck: Please see a doctor and drink more water.

It's astounding how we can become normalized to abnormal body functions because we have no one else to compare it to.

On another note that isn't piss related, the sun has come out today and I've got the windows cracked open. Feels good. Warm, yellow sunlight, dripping everywhere.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Hello Friday thread, I'm going to need all the positive energy in the world today.

Lots of yucky, terrible personal things going on at the same time.

I'm sorry the universe often seems to have a "when it rains, it storms" energy to terrible things. I hope your able to resolve at least one terrible thing soon so it isn't all piling up on you at once.

Sending positive vibes your way! :nyan:

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Well, I wasn't going to order pizza tonight, but drat it if your pics haven't tempted me! I'm getting one.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

I ordered one large pizza for delivery...am I an rear end in a top hat for tipping 10%? For shits sake, are we suppose to be tipping 15-25% for everything now? I already paid via credit card, and I don't have any cash on me, is the driver going to spit on my pizza?

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

I live 1.9 miles away from the pizza place and it was a $30 order, but lesson learned. I'll tip better going forward.thx.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Pennywise the Frown posted:

16 beers Sunday (and 10+ every day for at least a year... this latest time)

10 beers Monday
9 beers Tuesday
7 beers Wednesday
5 beers last night
The plan is about 3 tonight

So far no withdrawals. I thought I'd have to go to detox again but I'm doing it on my own. Happy Friday everyone!

:peanut:

Way to go!!!!!!

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Relevant Tangent posted:

Been reading a lot at work about what's happening to the Palestinians
There's what, four separate genocides going on right now?

I'm aware of the Palestinians, Ukrainians, and the Uyghur in China.

Hello Friday Thread,
I just ate some pizza and now I'm vibing with some video game soundtracks as I'm lying on the couch taking a nap.

Hell yeah, that sounds sweet.

Paper's Please is a fun game that becomes surprisingly intense considering there are no surprises, just a countdown timer.

Stay excellent Friday thread!

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Hello Friday thread!

I'm going to dinner with a friend! We're going out for pizza.

Lots going on tonight, because the GBS game night is also happening 8pm Eastern time:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4052679&pagenumber=4&perpage=40

Plus the 54-hour trivia contest starts sometime today and I want to check that out.

I like the new av LAP, it really captures your aggravation for the Friday thread.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Hello Friday thread. Feeling kinda lazy today and the latte with lunch didn't help much.

I'm going to a Beethoven symphony #8 concert tomorrow evening at the Minneapolis orchestra hall. Never been there before. It's an hour long concert, and the last time I went to something like this was in elementary school.

Happy Friday!

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Hey Friday night! Feelin just right.

I worked out at the gym and I've been feeling those content-with-life brain chemicals all night. Ahhhh, feels like everythings going to be okay right now.

Also, I'm starting to notice that bench pressing dumbbells and the weighted leg press are both becoming easier at my current weights, so it was satisfying to know my efforts are paying off.

I hope everyone is doing alright.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Pennywise the Frown posted:

edit: ^^^ excellent! I'm glad you exercised and are feeling good. I think I'm feeling a little better myself ;)

I was just going to go around my neighborhood a couple of times but kept walking and went down along the lake but it was colder and windier there so I turned back. I got 3 miles in but now I kinda down feel like cooking at 10:30pm.

I might anyway but it'd take a while. :shrug:

Thanks! I'm glad you got in 3 miles despite the rain/cold tonight.

Good luck if you end up cooking your German skillet, that sounds so good!

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Woops, I qouted myself.

Edit: good luck on the job hunt, Relevant Tangent!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

redshirt posted:

Jalapeno, onion, grilled pineapple, feta

Jalapeno and pineapple is one of the best combos! I make mine with vegan "cheese"
🍕🍕 🍕 :hfive: 🍕 🍕 🍕

Somebody should eat a pizza tonight, if it's not me, it's gotta be one of you.