Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: hot cocoa on the couch)

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

numberoneposter posted:

Gonna get oysters

Let's just stop right here a second.

... how do you like your oysters?

also isn't it a bit early on in oyster season? 'Months with 'r' just started, and all that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

numberoneposter posted:

i usually drown em in malt vinegar and load em up with horse radish

one time i had oysters with tabasco sorbet!!!

buncha oyster farms near where i live so you can get good ones year round, but yeah its been super warm this summer i dunno if you could or should harvest right now from the beach

from a place called "fanny bay" lmao

I will allow it.

I'm a lemon juice or hogwash (shallots, parsley, red wine vinegar) man myself but typically the lighter the better. I think. Therefore, I say, enjoy them oysters since I can't get them right now!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You can sit and spin on the only task I have left to do

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

what does it do

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

texacus victus is a strong creature indeed

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm getting Jamaican jerk chicken, beans and rice, and Caribbean stewed cabbage from a place that runs out of a cinder block shop that does live music.

Friggin deal with all of that

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'm just too bougie & lazy to deal with meat on the bones. :smith:

Do you just eat chicken tendies and burgs every time you order out or what the gently caress is the deal here?

Like that's not 'bougie' that's 'childish'

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

YeahTubaMike posted:

Oh yeah, totally. After all, there obviously isn't any other way to eat boneless chicken or beef. :shrug:

Un... Un friggin believable
*picks up ur school lunch tray AND juice box and just SLAPS it right down on the ground, peddling away in my blinged out big-wheel*

e: *also while eating bone-in ribs to make a point*

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

numberoneposter posted:

gonna eat so many oysters that i squirt

I wanna eat that many oysters

Like once a year or so Mrs Beef gives me the OK to order in a sack of them from the coast and I just stand in the kitchen cleanin' and shuckin' 'em and goin hog wild. Other than that there's only like 1 other place near by that does them decent that I know of but they cost even more than getting them mail ordered like that so it's a wash

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I've been to one place that I know of (The Boat House, about 50 feet from Lake Michigan) that serves oysters and I'm concerned about a place in WI selling oysters.

I've never had an oyster before though. :(

I think you've said you've got a Festival by you, if you watch their seafood section, esp. during their 'Seafood Days' sales, they'll have them fresh on ice.
You can shuck them using a short handle flat head screw driver (screw the haters on this). Buy a half-dozen, give it a shot!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I love to try them. But aren't they normally eaten raw? And normally don't you just slurp them down your throat? That doesn't seem very enjoyable. I like to chew my food to get the flavor.

You pry them open, then scrape them so that they aren't attached to the shell.
Then you kinda 'pour' them into your mouth.
They're not really 'chewy', though you can chew on it. It's kinda more about savoring like you would a swig of wine. Except it's a goopy salty sea creature thing.

I'll be frank with you. It's like taking a cold fresh cum-shot from the ocean but with more texture and better flavor.
There's not really a better way to put it and I'm a straight dude and love it.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Happy Friday you bucket of losers

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Some locally made thick sliced double smoked bacon, some heirloom tomatoes, and some good bread, gonna have some real deal BLTs for dinner

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I wish I was a living skeleton

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Chief McHeath posted:

If this thread is locked before midnight PST I will call the police and report OP.

The OP is already working WITH the police.
You have no recourse.
There will be no action taken here.
The OP is allowed to run roughshod over this thread and these forums like a monster.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Hello old Fri-day

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You may as well have them on a Friday.
I'd trust Scandinavian made tacos then as much as any other day.

Which is to say none.
Since they're by default trash.

E: do a GIS for tacos in Scandinavia.
Yeah.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Nov 26, 2021

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Look at that it's not even put together!!
UNBELIEVABLE LMAO
do you just carry each part of your car to the destination by hand and then tell people how nice it would be if it were all together?
HAHAHA WOOOOOOW

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Also 'plain corn, baby corn, and cucumber chunks'do not go on 'tacos'.
Stop.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Saalkin posted:

Dude, don't harsh the Friday vibes.

I'm being 100% serious in that post and demand your respect

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

That's pretty rude to tell someone on a Friday

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

First I was told it was for lovely EURO TACOS!
Make up your drat minds!
You're tearing me apart!!!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

*Sweden stares jealously at Post-War British 'cuisine'*
"We must prove ourselves the better."

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i'll admit, i'm intrigued...

It's a soccer match, but the origin story is that the participants couldn't afford a ball or goals or to paint lines on the pitch and so a ton of them just gather in a field and beat the gently caress out of each other until they're so exhausted they're willing to eat that.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Chief McHeath posted:

Got the house to myself tonight. Thinking about taking a giant stinking poo poo with the bathroom door open.

I'm sorry that you need an entire house to yourself for that

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

While I appreciate the effort put in,

I think the content of the 'Simpsons meme' thread loving sucks. Horribly.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It's Friday and I have homework to catch up on from like..... 3 weeks ago. The semester ends next week.

Here's some kitten news. This little fucker has been on a rampage this Friday morning. Jesus christ he was driving me insane. He finally wore himself out about a half hour ago.

Also this cat is fantastic and shows all signs of being a prime specimen of being launched in our costume chutes to the deepest trenches of the ocean where all cats long to be, it can perhaps scout out new and un-explored locations for future cats to be at the depths that they desire) miles below the oceans surfae

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

epic random user posted:

Sipping an island drink!

I honestly want you to stop your whole random thread posting gimmick because it loving sucks, dude. Like, not 'grinding this gimmick into the ground to make it better', 'am I a crazy person', etc. It just loving sucks. Knock it off dude.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

my work is buying lunch for us all from a fancy new local restaurant and then letting us out right afterward to get an early start on the long weekend! gently caress yeah!!!!

What kind of place is it

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Nothing says quality first date like eating crab Rangoon off each other's nipples in public

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Gonna nip u in tha bud

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

seth please... the trolls are unbearable itt

can't stop won't stop no mods no masters

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

numberoneposter posted:

how many hurricanes do you think you could drink in a single friday

I mean hurricanes are the size of several states so like less than one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

One thing you should take away from starship troopers is how great the military industrial complex is and how war is great