Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: hot cocoa on the couch)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

everything at work is loving broken and I had a busy night so now I am getting white girl wasted on topo chico hard seltzer and loudly singing meatloaf songs at my girlfriend, happy weekend everybody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Saalkin posted:

You work at the same place as me? A bunch of our poo poo is down today too.

Happy Friday!

we're shutting down the factory in December because my employer decided to not do manufacturing business in the US anymore because of *gestures around*, so it's even worse than a normal factory with 10+ year old equipment.

I work SMD so
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=911uyOoG2O8

Lol one of the nozzles on the head of one of my chip mounters was NG'ed because it was seized in a low position, then 2nd shift cleaned nozzles, un-NG'ed it, it dropped even further then seized even harder and then they broke 3 nozzles not realizing what it was doing.

Then the engineer who doesn't do any work anymore but still gets to come to work and collect a paycheck because he's the only one that knows any of this poo poo halfass set the board sensors on the line I was running and I kept getting unrecoverable transfer errors and having to wash solder paste and parts off boards that were half-finished (as in, the side with all the loving BGAs was already oven soldered and inspected); so I ended up manually running panels through the machine off the printer with the foot pedal while running and splicing the line, changing over the printer, etc.

Just a whole rear end shitshow that's probably only going to get worse for the next 11 months, but they also gave me a 4% raise so.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Saalkin posted:

Well when you get off sip yourself an island drink.

I'm like 4 topo chicos in, friend, cuz I'm 3rd shift.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

also weed has been legal in NM since June :420::2bong::420:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Genesplicer posted:

Right now my robotics students are packing up their kits (We are currently using the Lego EV3 sets) and are preparing to move on with their days. Most of the kids have returned from any isolation and things are looking a bit better.

I wish I had a teacher like you in high school, krust

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

happy friday everyone

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

You can buy weed at the store in New Mexico now

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

i just went and bought weed at the store like a loving adult

pretty expensive tho gonna stick to my hooks for raw flower

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I wish I could do this.

yeah its pretty cool, I haven't had carts for my vape pen in months so I figured I'd go do that while I was out and about since I just... can, as of today

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I took wednesday and thursday off work to go see sleep on 4/20 so happy friday, the third day of my weekend.

I have to work a full week for the first time in a month on Sunday :'(

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0

smokin dabs to start my weekend off right

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

numberoneposter posted:

gonna fire up the bbq tonight

I wanted to do that tonight, but it's supposed to be another horrific wind day here and my grill is coal :(

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

1st shift's supervisor was out so I didn't have to deal with that tornado of poo poo for 45 minutes this morning, actually got to chill with my first shift buds for the 15 minute crossover, came home and my girlfriend's birthday present came in the mail, then I smoked a bunch of dabs, ate a chicken sandwich and slept all day.

A good friday.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Got some good sleep when I got home from work, almost ran out of toilet paper and ran out of weed so I went to the weed store and costco, now it is time to start the weekend.

Hopefully next Friday isn't windy as all poo poo, I'm itchin' to grill.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I came back from the weed store and costco and smoked a dab, then lined up the job I'm going to take after my plant closes in March out of the blue.

I had a good friday.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Happy Friday everyone, one and all

Gotta get ready this weekend, I'mma get off work on Tuesday morning and we're gonna drive up to Red Rocks to go see Erykah Badu

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Happy Friday everyone

On Tuesday someone followed our garbage truck and, once my can was emptied, dumped 350 loving pounds of drywall, nails, paint, framing, basically their whole loving jobsite for the day into my residential can.

Called Solid Waste Management yesterday but I fell asleep and missed their call, so I'mma get lit and hopefully deal with this poo poo today.

I wish it didn't weigh so much because the jobsite it came from is 3/4 of a mile away, I confirmed it after I randomly happened upon it getting lunch the other day. Walked over there and dug through their active trash pile and confirmed everything was exactly the same down to the paint. I would have just gone and dumped it all over the loving lawn of the complex, but that poo poo's heavy.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I almost did after I looked in that trashcan and realized I had hundreds of pounds of trash I'm not allowed to throw away filling my can that is now too heavy to be picked up by a truck, then finding the people that did it 4 hours later.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Splicer posted:

Keep us updated on this one, also check out your neighbours' cans and see if they also got hit. If so you could get a mob going, might even luck into A Guy With A Truck and have a great community project.

They were all fine, ours is always the last one out because we both work nights - so it's the closest to the entrance to the parking lot of our "complex" (rowhouse). Our street is a one-way turn both ways because our neighborhood is sectioned out for police control, you can turn right on and right off, so someone knew a route. I have a thing filed with solid waste management through 311, it's gonna be a while. Both of us mostly spend our time here sleeping, I'm on a 10PM-6AM schedule and she's on a 3PM-12AM schedule, so it's not like we make a whole lot of trash. We could possibly use our neighbors cans if we needed to, lord knows they've used ours. It's just... I have a residential trashcan full of construction waste, a whole bunch of which is illegal to dump.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Gonna make some burritos tonight and they're gonna be good, smokin weed, changed my oil, my boss was in Vegas all week. It's a good friday.

Splicer posted:

Keep us updated on this one, also check out your neighbours' cans and see if they also got hit. If so you could get a mob going, might even luck into A Guy With A Truck and have a great community project.

So Albuquerque Solid Waste Management contacted me on Monday and basically told me to go gently caress myself, dump all that poo poo in bags and drive it an hour down to the dump in Sandoval county and pay for the disposal if I want my can back, or find a service I can pay to come pick it up. Our dump doesn't take any of that stuff, exactly the reason why someone did that poo poo to me. Also on Monday, the guy that picks up rent came to our door demanding June's rent because we were almost a month late, in drywall stilts. I proceeded to show him the receipt he signed on June 15 (I live in the g h e t t o and this rear end in a top hat landlord bought our complex, looked at our check the first month he picked up rent, and said CASH), and he poo poo a brick and then all of a sudden our landlord's son misplaced the money and he totally found it once he looked. I was very clear with dude that the receipt said, "if you lost an envelope with $800 cash in it, tough loving poo poo." Now we're wondering if our landlord did that to us based on his son stealing our rent money. Either way, we called our deadbeat gently caress landlord and he said he'd take care of it immediately. He did not, and now I'm looking at 3 weeks of this poo poo and 2 weeks of having to sneak my trash into people's bins on Tuesday morning when I get home from work - thankfully I get home at 6:40.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jul 2, 2022

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

My best friends' last day at our workplace was today, she made everyone she liked strawberry jam and it was very funny to see 5 people from third shift and 2 people from first shift walking around with a jar of jam out of like 30 people in the plant. It was exactly the way I expected her to throw hella shade at her boss and coworkers on 1st and I thought it was funny as poo poo, plus the jam is good.

Found out this week that the person illegally dumping in my trashcan... is my deadbeat fuckface landlord! He's probably gonna come collect rent today and we're going to have to have a talk about that and the fact that he tried to collect rent twice last month despite me keeping immaculate records because I don't trust him. When he bought this complex I cut him a check and he said gently caress THAT, CASH. Now he wants checks and I told him gently caress THAT, CASH, too bad your son "misplaced" our rent and then I threw all that poo poo in your face. Gonna see how he handles me taking a picture of him holding the sealed envelope with the receipt taped to it as a tamper seal.

It's Friday, tho, and I'm drinkin a beer and smokin some weed and it's gonna be a good day.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I am drinking a Sonic Ocean Water hard seltzer and listening to Om's album Pilgrimage and it is pretty good tbh

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Pilgrimage is over, I think I'm gonna put on Dead Roots Stirring and dab some of these live diamonds I have sitting around

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Gainax posted:

I hope everyone is enjoying their Friday because I work 12 hours in a factory on the night shift in my fridays, lol. It's not bad though, I enjoy my job at least.

I'm gonna miss my schedule when my plant closes, yeah I have to start my week at 10PM on Sunday, but I start my weekend at 6:15AM on Friday

Happy Friday!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Gainax posted:

Your plant is closing? Are you loosing your job? That sucks if so.

Yeah, the company decided to divest from their American operation that is currently making them record profits and manufactures about 90% of their income, and their transition is a loving mess. Half-baked, impulsive COVID + Trump decision with no foresight.

I already have a job lined up when they close, though, I'll be fine. Combination of experience, skills and finally being nepotized into a job, about loving time after over a decade of this poo poo.

Somehow I turned being my buddy's roadie/drum tech for drink tix in a local costumed stoner metal band for 7 years into a career continuation/promotion in the semiconductor industry, so that's cool.

Sorta don't want to go back to working A/B/C/D shift schedule but I'll manage.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jul 22, 2022

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Hope this doesn't come off as mean but you getting laid off may be a good thing because it sounds like that company is about to crater like a meteor hitting the earth

yeah once the Albuquerque plant goes away it's donezo, they're gonna lose probably close to a thousand combined years of experience on their bread and butter product lines and send them to a plant that 1) still needs to order and build 2 SMD lines to make up for capacity and 2) has gone through multiple product transfers already and keeps sending them back to us because they don't know how to run them on their extant high-mix line. Plus they built an assembly plant in Romania that regularly sends 3-second soldering fixes that slipped through back to us in bulk. Gonna be sad to watch their slide, because I really like their poo poo, but they did it to themselves.

edit: we used to do the assembly here too, that was going to be a 3-year transition to the Romania plant but they just pulled the trigger and fired everyone in assembly mid-July 2020 and it's been a string of horrifically bad decisions since.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jul 22, 2022

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Charles Bukowski posted:

None of that should be allowed to happen in a society with any sense.

the society that is making these decisions is Germany lol

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

:lol:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Found out my girlfriends' sisters' husbands' dad came out of remission into Stage 3 cancer yesterday, and they might be moving to take care of business. If that happens, we're totally gonna ditch my idiot landlord and move to a way nicer part of town for the same price, and be down the street from my brother. Not the greatest circumstances, but silver linings, etc.

So I came home to my brothers' house, who I am housesitting for, and took a fat rip out of his bong because I am so tired of living in the hood and that's a good way to start the weekend. Happy Friday!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

that was last week for me - this week felt like it flew by

Sunday-Tuesday dragged but Wednesday and Thursday were lightning for me.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Sid Vicious posted:

i ate a 20 mg chocolate and am alternating bong loads of pineapple express and vaping slurricane shatter

I took a 6 hour nap and now I am hittin my brother's beaker roor with some cataract kush and skywalker og along with this indica vape cart, mite eat a 10mg cookie when my girlfriend gets off work

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

david lynch kicks rear end, im high as hell and i think im gonna go play some livealive and drink some beer and then tonight when my girlfriend gets home from work we're gonna watch mad god

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I forgot that I had half a bottle of la Clandestine so I poured like a shot and a half of that over rocks with 1:1 water lol rip my afternoon

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Watching Prey rn and it's actually a good Predator movie

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Sid Vicious posted:

its saturday now

still an hour 20 in NM :smug:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt7oMSOB7nw

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

My girlfriend is a bridesmaid in her friends' wedding and the groom is a giant Star Wars nerd, like is in the 501st legion level, and the men in the wedding party's attire is "galactic cowboy," so later on today I gotta go buy a complicated shirt, navy slacks, boots and a bolo tie.

Been meaning to get a bolo tie anyway, not stoked about the boots I'll never wear again though.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Wendigee posted:

You must really like her

yeah I'm not happy about being in a wedding party with a bunch of people I mostly don't really know anyway, especially not having to drop money on expensive rear end shoes that are going to totally loving ruin my piriformis/sciatica problems after wearing them for a day, but I'm probably gonna marry her at some point if things keep going the way they are going

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

How about captain Kirk macking on one of those green Orion girls? That's pretty Friday innit?

*yaldabaoth post about Shatner*

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

womb with a view posted:

Galaxy Quest is extremely Saturday

Galaxy Quest is a top 5 Star Trek movie but def Saturday vibes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

I think I'm going to avoid skulling any PISS for a while