Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: hot cocoa on the couch)

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Memento is a really good movie for real jus rewatched it. How come Nolan only made the Prestige after that and that was really good but then even his good ones like Interstellar you still kind of have to apologise for liking it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Chris Nolan movies excepting Memento and Prestige (there's a few I haven't seen) are like really close to being good but there's always some parts that really suck poo poo. Like maybe he doesn't work with other writers enough? Denis Villeneuve is what I think he wants to be but obviously isn't

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

SIDS Vicious posted:

an autistic 9 year old bit my 5 year old daughter so hard she drew blood today at the trampoline park and the mom was like no she didnt and just left and i wish i had bit the mom, my poor kid has been bawling on and off all day shes finally asleep

if you ignore the parts where your kid was upset, that is pretty metal

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

it's friday, my day off from all the poo poo, im recovered from a few weeks of covid, and I was all ready to drink some wine and watch a movie. there's a movie on Prime called Landscape With Invisible Hand that I had heard about in the film festival circles so I was pumped, gently caress yeah scifi and wine let's go.

turns out the movie sucks poo poo. i dont think I have been so annoyed by an art since the Lobster. it's rear end. the whole movie was a closeup of a gaping rear end hole. it sucks

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

AARD VARKMAN posted:

what are you in the mood for

If more scifi may I recommend Coherence? It's low budget concept scifi kinda like Primer
i think I've actually seen Coherence but I don't remember anything about it. moot point anyway since I started rewatching Vast of Night which loving rules and if you have not seen it don't google it just watch it. it's very slow but just really an amazing proof of what you can do with a microbudget

edit: was Coherence about those dudes in a house and then they went to another house? if so it was pretty good

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

if I ever meet you in real life I will fight you

edit: ineffectually, of course

TURTLE SLUT fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 15, 2023

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

AARD VARKMAN posted:

idea: chedibles. it's cheddar cheese that gets you all goofy
hey america is there any possibility you could make cheddar not taste like complete poo poo

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

im still alive and will be for a long time

In defiance of god, which I applaud

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

drat dude if you have not seen Vast of Night fuckin check it out. don't google anything just put it on and take a bit hit and chill. it's a very good movie.

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

yo people keep talking about 69 and like, yeah, nice, but when was the last time you ever executed, that, uhh, maneuver. fuckin, never?

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

is the assumption then that if someone says "hehe, 69", that they just had some?? and that's why we're congratulating them?

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Smugworth posted:

I'm 69ing myself right now op
hehe nice

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

im rewatching Upgrade and drinking some cheap booze that im mixing with pellegrino. this movie is so much better than i even remembered

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

it's surprisingly good!

Logan Marshall-Green is otherwise like a discount Tom Hardy but his physical acting in this is pretty stellar

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Well it's usually I drink a ton very quickly and later on in the night I'll smoke which gets me really hosed up. But I slow down the drinking a whole lot when that happens.

I do both every night anyway, so I want to see if I get high earlier, I'll slow down earlier. That's the theory at at least.

If I stop drinking completely I'll probably definitely have some withdrawals which I'd like to avoid.
Hope your night goes well buddy

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Thank you! I'll be here all night with you guys and playing games. My friend wanted to do a Friday Fish Fry buffet but I'm not a buffet guy anymore. I can't eat enough to get my money's worth. Plus he's my alcoholic partner in crime so that kinda goes against what I'm trying to do here.

I have 15 beers in my fridge. My goal is to keep it in the single digits. Anything under 12 would be an improvement though.
You can do it dude.

Now I want some fish fry though.

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Gatts posted:

It is Friday and I will drive 30 minutes to get a pizza and bring it home.
what kind of pizza

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

let's all post our favorite pick up lines. ill start:

"do you have some dollars"
"ignorant piss-rear end"
"what is it anyway"

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Gatts posted:

Half pepperoni and half cheese. I should say I believed it is a smoked provolone.

Aight. Will see if I like it.
drat now I'm hungry.

Not for Poor Things though. Lanthimos can go into a butt, as far as I am concerned

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Ulillinguist posted:

Here's one I got last week:

"HEY BLONDIE!!!"

"HEY!! COME HERE! BLONDIE! COME HERE!!"

"...YOU DROPPED SOMETHING."

(I check behind me)

"I KNEW YOU COULD HEAR ME!!! COME HERE! COME HERE! Come here! COME OVER HERE!!!"

The 'you dropped something' line really worked to get me to pause. Bravo to that rear end in a top hat's ingenuity, I hadn't got that one before! However, it's the general shouting cat calls that's always a turn off.

Also, a guy walked up to me in the park and asked me how old I was, and when I answered he looked shocked and disappapointed, and said "oh." Which was a little bit of an insult because he wasn't interested in a woman older than him, but it also felt like a compliment because I must look a few years younger than I am. :sparkles: I'm still riding that high a year later. :sparkles:
mine were jokes but that sucks a lot.

"well, how is it to have sex? haha" is another good one

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Ulillinguist posted:

Sorry, I'm not trying to bring down the Friday thread.

On another note, I got myself into the gym tonight, and that always gets me feeling good.

5min walk/5 min run
10 min stretching
15 min weight lifting
20+ swimming
no need to be sorry, you should talk about heavy poo poo when you feel like it.

what sort of a bourgeoisie gym has a pool where you can swim for 20 minutes??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

redshirt posted:

Here's a pile of gravel I hate, and my basketball hoop, which I love.

that pile of gravel looks like a real piece of poo poo!