Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

FIGHTIN' FARTBIRDS
GOooo FARTBIRDS

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

Doctor Dogballs posted:

FIGHTIN' FARTBIRDS
GOooo FARTBIRDS

A solid snype

Stoner Sloth

Stoner's Sloths

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
Put me in couch!

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Jinh

cruft posted:

A solid snype

drat thats a really powerful snype yeah

thanks so much cda <3

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

This sounds like exactly the level of effort I'm willing to commit to anything.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,Ass-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

cruft posted:

LOL this thread.

"Hey I know y'all probably aren't huge football fans but I have this idea that I thi :goon:"

literally my reaction

y'all blowin me away. Thank you. Gonna try to get those accts set up for those who don't wanna register on espn now. Also will send out invites to the new folk who want in on this madness.

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

Lock

magic cactus posted:

Put me in couch!

nesamdoom posted:

This sounds like exactly the level of effort I'm willing to commit to anything.

y'all saying you want in? nesamdoom I'll send a pm, cactus if you want in drop an email addy I can get ahold of you at

Lock

To whoever pointed me towards guerrillamail, thank you. I will be making espn accts for all who asked me to get them up and running, and I'll email you your login info. So yes, everyone will have the option of being able to adjust their lineups throughout the year, for whatever good that will do in this system.

Ass-penny

Manifisto posted:

nyc fighting capys 4 lyfe!!

:kiss:

This goes for Duckies team as well lmao.

Lock

UPDATES!!1

- Everyone who specifically asked me to make an acct for them should have their login info now.

- I may have been wrong earlier when I said those people would not be able to adjust their lineups. These logins should let you do that throughout the season.

- These team icons are awesome and I am blown away people are putting effort into my zero-effort league. If you toy around with your team options you can set those icons as your team icons on ESPN.

- Waiting to hear back from one person as to if they were actually asking for in or if they were :justpost:ing. I'd like to cut this off at an even number just so there are no teams without a matchup every week. But we still have openings!

- Once everyone's in I'll schedule the automatic draft. Probably Tues or Weds night US timezones. Think of it like Christmas, and waking up to a bunch of random sweaty muscled men waiting under your tree! AGAIN: THE DRAFT IS AUTOMATIC. YOU NEED NOT, INDEED, CANNOT CHOOSE YOUR PLAYERS.

-------------------------------------------------------
So what are all these positions on my team? And how are they different in this league?

So, a quick rundown of fantasy-relevant positions:
QB: quarterback, the dude who throws the ball, gives the ball to someone else to run with it, or (more and more often of late) just runs with it himself
RB: running back, the dude who takes the ball from the QB and runs with it
WR: wide receiver, the dude(s) who catch the ball when the QB throws it
TE: tight end, I dunno, they're kinda like a receiver but they also do some blocking and stuff i guess
K: kicker, the appendix of the evolution of american football from soccer and rugby. scores when the other guys can't, and performs other ceremonail duties
D/ST: defense and special teams, ok this one needs a little explanation. In fake football offense is fun and defense is boring, for most people. (these people are scrubs but w/e) so instead of choosing individual players, you just take one real team's entire group for your team.
defense is the guys trying to do the opposite of the offense
special teams are the guys who participate in the ceremonial duties initiated by the kicker

Note that I say 'fantasy-relevant' because fake football largely ignores the offensive linesmen, the dudes tasked with keeping the QB alive.

A NORMAL FF TEAM usually has a starting lineup like this:
1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 TE
1 flex (:siren:TERMINOLOGY ALERT - flex is where you can play an RB, WR, or TE, your choice:siren:)
1 K
1 D/ST

YOUR TEAM HERE will not be bound by the man; your team is as unique and free as you
1 QB (ok look you still need someone to get things started)
6 :siren::siren::siren:SUPERFLEX!!!!!!!!!:siren::siren::siren: (SUPERFLEX, all caps always, is the same as the flex above, only you can also put another quarterback into your starters)
1 K
1 D/ST

So if you want your fake team to have 6 tight ends, I mean...livin the dream there friend.

Lock fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Sep 5, 2021

nut

Lock posted:

UPDATES!!1

- Everyone who specifically asked me to make an acct for them should have their login info now.

- I may have been wrong earlier when I said those people would not be able to adjust their lineups. These logins should let you do that throughout the season.

- These team icons are awesome and I am blown away people are putting effort into my zero-effort league. If you toy around with your team options you can set those icons as your team icons on ESPN.

- Waiting to hear back from one person as to if they were actually asking for in or if they were :justpost:ing. I'd like to cut this off at an even number just so there are no teams without a matchup every week. But we still have openings!

- Once everyone's in I'll schedule the automatic draft. Probably Tues or Weds night US timezones. Think of it like Christmas, and waking up to a bunch of random sweaty muscled men waiting under your tree! AGAIN: THE DRAFT IS AUTOMATIC. YOU NEED NOT, INDEED, CANNOT CHOOSE YOUR PLAYERS.

-------------------------------------------------------
So what are all these positions on my team? And how are they different in this league?

So, a quick rundown of fantasy-relevant positions:
QB: quarterback, the dude who throws the ball, gives the ball to someone else to run with it, or (more and more often of late) just runs with it himself
RB: running back, the dude who takes the ball from the QB and runs with it
WR: wide receiver, the dude(s) who catch the ball when the QB throws it
TE: tight end, I dunno, they're kinda like a receiver but they also do some blocking and stuff i guess
K: kicker, the appendix of the evolution of american football from soccer and rugby. scores when the other guys can't, and performs other ceremonail duties
D/ST: defense and special teams, ok this one needs a little explanation. In fake football offense is fun and defense is boring, for most people. (these people are scrubs but w/e) so instead of choosing individual players, you just take one real team's entire group for your team.
defense is the guys trying to do the opposite of the offense
special teams are the guys who participate in the ceremonial duties initiated by the kicker

Note that I say 'fantasy-relevant' because fake football largely ignores the offensive linesmen, the dudes tasked with keeping the QB alive.

A NORMAL FF TEAM usually has a starting lineup like this:
1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 TE
1 flex (:siren:TERMINOLOGY ALERT - flex is where you can play an RB, WR, or TE, your choice:siren:)
1 K
1 D/ST

YOUR TEAM HERE will not be bound by the man; your team is as unique and free as you
1 QB (ok look you still need someone to get things started)
6 :siren::siren::siren:SUPERFLEX!!!!!!!!!:siren::siren::siren: (SUPERFLEX, all caps always, is the same as the flex above, only you can also put another quarterback into your starters)
1 K
1 D/ST

So if you want your fake team to have 6 tight ends, I mean...livin the dream there friend.

lol nice attempt to try and trick me into learning about football, the chestnuts play with their hearts not the rulebook

Lock

nut posted:

lol nice attempt to try and trick me into learning about football, the chestnuts play with their hearts not the rulebook

in this league, that is not only the path to enlightenment, it might just lead you to the playoffs

biosterous

okay i have my draft strategy for the SUPERFLEX slots:

first, take the abbreviations for the positions (QB, RB, WR, TE)

next, give them numbers based on how many points that two-letter combo would be worth in scrabble:

QB = 13
RB = 3
WR = 7
TE = 2

this totals up to 25 which is a very nice coincidence, because then i can just multiply them by 4 to turn them into percentage chances without having to do extra math:

QB = 52 (= 1-52)
RB = 12 (= 53-64)
WR = 28 (= 65-92)
TE = 8 (= 93-100)

then random.org's true random number on the front page to generate six numbers (re-rolling if i get any repeats):

19, 53, 99, 31, 84, 62

QB, RB, TE, QB, WR, RB

final team composition:
QB (the mandatory one)
QB
QB
RB
RB
WR
TE
K
DS/T

and i think i found the place to do this on the website? (my team -> edit draft strategy -> autopick strategy)

i'm leaving all the dropdowns underneath as "best available" because i've already hit my effort limit for the day lol

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

nut

oh you have a defensive line? what are you so scared of?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Hi can I get a bunch of quarters back and also 69 tight ends

Lock

biosterous posted:

THE FORBIDDEN ARTS

YOU HAVE DABBLED WITH FORCES WHICH WERE NOT MEANT FOR THIS WORLD; WHAT NIGHTMARES HATH THOU WROUGHT

realtalk I wasn't going to tell anyone about that -- but I also specifically chose not to forbid it to see if anyone would actually figure out they could, in fact, have some mystical influence on their draft (so don't worry, what you did was both predicted and allowed!)

FluffieDuckie

Wait I want 20 quarterbacks too.

Also reporting in that I not only figured out how to log in to ESPN, I also downloaded the app and changed my team logo.

I feel like I already won.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

FluffieDuckie posted:

Wait I want 20 quarterbacks too.

That's five dollars!

Lock

Mormon Nailer posted:

That's five dollars!

oh you wanna do an auction draft I see

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Lock posted:

oh you wanna do an auction draft I see

I don't know what that is but I assumed football involved slot machines because there's quarters

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
everyone knows that you should stack your team with kickers

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

Lock posted:

cactus if you want in drop an email addy I can get ahold of you at

magiccactus221@gmail.com

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Lock

alright it is way past bedtime here but one more update

we're currently at an odd # of teams. If we can get one more team that would be perfect. Any beyond that will be on a one-team waitlist where if another person after them wants to join, they'll both be in

pretend that makes sense.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'll set mine up on ESPN tonight so I can look at stuff and put my logo up

My logo is bad I'm sorry lol

nut

i stg if this comes down to team phoenix vs fantasy phoenix...

Ass-penny

My team is all fully sexual snails with human tiddies and there is nothing you can do about it:colbert:

Lock

wait pot smoke phoenix why do you have 2 teams

you should not have two teams

i will fix this tomorrow* (*= later today)

(Which is the one you actually meant to make, TEAM PHOENIX or FANTASY PHOENIX?)

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

nut posted:

i stg if this comes down to team phoenix vs fantasy phoenix...

yeah theres two psp teams and two doom teams

Lock

yeah doom told me they done goofed and I got that one fixed. Apparently team names stay even after you remove an owner. Had totally missed the psp situation before nut said something

we'll get it sorted when it's not 5 am

FluffieDuckie

I’m going to set up 8 teams. One of them will for sure win.

take the moon

by sebmojo
the moon takers r in it to win it

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

nut

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Okay real football question, why do they swap goals in the middle of the game

nut

Mormon Nailer posted:

2 correct the change in the earth's axis established after the first half

FluffieDuckie

Mormon Nailer posted:

Wind, sun, other things that make one direction better than the other.

Manifisto

take the moon posted:

the moon takers r in it to win it

ty nesamdoom!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

FluffieDuckie posted:

Wind, sun, other things that make one direction better than the other.

Ohhhhh. That makes sense.

I asked my dad once and he said it was to keep them on their toes and never elaborated.

fps_nug

horsing around no longer
Sorry I took so long to join! I registered and will be football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

fps_nug posted:

Sorry I took so long to join! I registered and will be football

My tight end army will gently cradle you all the way to the goal