Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

nesamdoom posted:

I made less smoky versions, but I think the larger looks best of them
I sorted the ribbon just in time. I think Stoner's Sloths having not been busted is making the place a bit smokier. The Commish can definitely smell it in the air. By Playoffs we may not even be able to see the ribbon anymore.

You just tell me which one you want in the OP and it will be done.

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesamdoom
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Lock posted:

You just tell me which one you want in the OP and it will be done.

I think the third is the best, a bit of background and foreground smoke.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Lock

I am so way behind; will do last week’s scoring tomorrow and this week’s scoring before next week, probably, definitely.

i love you all

FluffieDuckie

Just declare me the winner. It will be faster that way.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Lock

So now that Week 13 has finished, let's check out the adjusted scores!

For Week 12!!

Anyways. Let's do this.

*Note: Just realized I'm the one up against Stoner's Sloths. Watch this be the week that THE COMMISH busts them. There will be no end to the conspiracy theories. Some sort of Point Inflation Scheme. Inflategate, if you will. (Oh god nobody's going to get this anyway let's move on.)

No changes after 1/3Back scoring applied.

:siren:THE HUNTRON IS UNSTOPPABLE:siren:
Once again, thanks to the combined powers of those four teenagers with attitude Hunters, The HUNTRON has delivered Wairarapa Bush their 4th win in a row.

FEUD RESULTS:
CHESTNUTS vs MARS ATTACKS: Both teams scored below 300; no change.
NONCHALANTS vs BOB ROSS: Both teams scored below 300; no change.

TESTING RESULTS:
3; 4: ALL COOL
THE COMMISH WANTS NEW DICE.

Reminder, FEUDING FOR THIS WEEK (week 14):
CHESTNUTS vs TEAMATES
SQUIRRELS vs NONCHALANTS

FluffieDuckie posted:

Just declare me the winner. It will be faster that way.

I declare you an awesome Santa, how's that?

nesamdoom
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Lol, Lock I barely ever even manage to update the ribbon during the week and I got like nothing going on. You prob put more stress on yourself to update than anyone else cares to. BTW, this has been a cool rear end season and I've enjoyed the last few months of this fuckery with you goons. I'll go do the ribbon now unless I get distracted drinking on the way to open PS.

Addition: I loving did it!!

Uh... guys, maybe can we crack a window or something, the smoke is getting a bit thick...

nesamdoom fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Dec 11, 2021

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
nesamdoom
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I'm feuding and some jerk that was supposed to be out this week loving went to work and did a good job... These frigging jerks just never stop trying to ruin my day.

Lock

nesamdoom posted:

Lol, Lock I barely ever even manage to update the ribbon during the week and I got like nothing going on. You prob put more stress on yourself to update than anyone else cares to. BTW, this has been a cool rear end season and I've enjoyed the last few months of this fuckery with you goons. I'll go do the ribbon now unless I get distracted drinking on the way to open PS.

Addition: I loving did it!!

Uh... guys, maybe can we crack a window or something, the smoke is getting a bit thick...

This is mah baby! But thank you for understanding, and I'm thilled you've been having fun. Thanks again for the ribbons, seriously.

Update being worked on now!

Also...that smoke could become a problem if someone doesn't do as you suggest and let a little ventilation in....

Lock fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Dec 14, 2021

Lock

Scoring updates!

After 1/3B uppdates...
THUNDER BONG's win OVERTURNED! BOBROSS WINS!

Other news...
:siren:HUNTRON IS DESTROYING ALL IN ITS PATH:siren:
Another win for everyone's favorite Voltron ripoff! That's, what, 5 in a row? What the heck?

FEUD updates...
SQUIRRELS BUSTED; CHESTNUTS WIN FEUD!
MARS ATTACKS BUSTED; NONCHALANTS WIN FEUD!

Testing under way...
RESULTS: 4; 6
THE COMMISH IS APOPLECTIC

And that's that for week 13! Week 14 update needs to be coming tomorrow, as THE PLAYOFFS begin this week! Who will be in? Who will be out? Who is still even following? We'll soon find out!

nesamdoom
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Lock posted:

Also...that smoke could become a problem if someone doesn't do as you suggest and let a little ventilation in....

I'm gonna finish game 14 ribbon then try to air the place out a bit.

Lock

Oh no, I didn’t mean it was affecting the quality of the ribbon. I was just thinking, all this smoke around, might start affecting the rest of the league if action isn’t taken....

FluffieDuckie

Lock posted:

as THE PLAYOFFS begin this week! Who will be in? Who will be out? Who is still even following? We'll soon find out!

What?

nesamdoom
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Lock posted:

Oh no, I didn’t mean it was affecting the quality of the ribbon. I was just thinking, all this smoke around, might start affecting the rest of the league if action isn’t taken....

Just figured I'd air it out a bit before playoffs. Not sure what I'll do as far as play off ribbons. Maybe just work up one for the whole thing and then I can work on figuring out what I wanna do for a final season celebration one.

Lock

Week 14 Results!

jesus huntron christ when did this team become half-good?

THE HUNTRON RAMPAGES ON
poor duckie deserved better

No 1/3back changes

TESTING results:
THE COMMISH IS BESIDE THEMSELF

FEUD results:
no changes!

FEUDING THIS WEEK:
CHESTNUTS vs ...oh heck me
TEAMATES vs POUTINE PALS

:siren:THE PLAYOFFS HAVE BEGUN!:siren:
All teams will continue to have games, but for the remaining 4 weeks it's win or be CONSOLATED.

TEAMS COLSOLATED:
PHOENIX
MARS ATTACKS
SCORES
TENNIS TEAM

may they be forgiven and forgotten quickly

Lock

RULES ADDENDUM

NOTICE TO ALL CONSOLATED TEAMS

THE COMMISH has abandoned you. You are lost. You are forgotten.

You are free.

Any coaches of CONSOLATED teams may propose rule changes to that week's matches. These rule changes will only apply to matches between CONSOLATED teams.

You will not return to the realm of the WINNERS. But you may choose your path through the afterlife.

Please submit your proposed changes in the thread. No promises are made, but all will be considered.

((ok so I wanna keep things interesting for the ousted teams, while also tinkering with an idea I have for next year's league. Go hog wild, I can't promise I have the time or ability to implement everything but I'll do what I can. Rule changes absolutely can favor one team over another, but anything that is utterly game-shattering [ie: only my team can score] will be ignored and may even face backlash.

Let's hear some ideas!))

OP updated.

Lock fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Dec 15, 2021

Stoner Sloth

can i suggest a change to the Huntron rules cause I'm not sure a score of over 500 points is even possible with other teams at this stage?

I was thinking keep the rule BUT all Hunters must be in play and score at least 1 point in order for Huntron to take effect since you can't form Huntron without all the necessary Hunters working together

also might be worth taking a look at running backs who seem to have become the new qbs, a five or ten point adjustment per rb after 1 or 2 might make things a little more competitive for those players who aren't mostly rbs?

just a couple of thoughts to keep things changing up, no worries if they're not good ideas and thanks as always for running this friend!

Lock

I'll have a think on it. I don't wanna change too much up heading into the playoffs, and again, this has never really been about fairness. Though I don't want things to be a foregone conclusion either.

I've got an idea, but at this point I'll probably wait and see how the first round of playoffs unfold.

e: But thank you for saying something. I was so wrapped up watching this team go from zero to hero that I didn't realize just how much of a behemoth they are. But part of it is due to their QB all of a sudden being useful...and said QB is a perennial benchwarmer who played for my alma mater, so I'd be lying if I said I weren't biased.

Lock fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Dec 15, 2021

Stoner Sloth

no worries mate, tbh i only noticed earlier today really when looking at things and mucking around with team a little so just had a look at scoring trends and how they'd changed at various points. thanks for taking my ideas into consideration

in any case good luck with the playoffs everyone and for the teams in consolation have fun and better luck next season!

also frigging lol I can't believe not having rolled a double yet, wonder what the odds of that are!

Lock

I maaaaaaaaay implement a slight change to the rule. I'm gonna sleep on it, but I've got an idea that would at least make this week's matchup a cointoss if the projections are anywhere close to accurate. I wanna check to make sure it won't unduly change future matchups though.

If this week weren't the first week of playoffs, I was going to do a whole 'That's it, EVERYBODY'S GETTIN TESTED' bit and have one week where the testing was applied to all matchups. Buuuut since the playoffs snuck up on me I don't feel right pulling a huge gimmick like that now. Still, yah, shame we didn't get to see that triggered.

Though watch it get triggered when you're in the championship match, at this rate....

Stoner Sloth

Lock posted:

Though watch it get triggered when you're in the championship match, at this rate....

this would make my season complete :peanut:

FluffieDuckie

I don’t understand what’s going on

I don’t know what a huntron is

Stoner Sloth

FluffieDuckie posted:

i think it's cause that team has 5 dudes named 'hunter', they join together to form Huntron

Lock

FluffieDuckie posted:

Please refer to the OP, especially the RULES ADDENDUMS. Also, you’re awesome.

nesamdoom
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Stoner Sloth posted:

also might be worth taking a look at running backs who seem to have become the new qbs, a five or ten point adjustment per rb after 1 or 2 might make things a little more competitive for those players who aren't mostly rbs?

This is pretty true. A good 120 from a qb could b a 40 when a RB might hit 60. Average I guess for qb is like 30sum after adjust so stacking a few good RBS does outweigh. Then again everyone has off days, mostly everytime I expect anything it's the other way, so it's still a crapshoot.

Also, I think since the season is over and I've yet to bother with anything but participation ribbons, that I'll just keep rolling with that. I'll do one each per team(ambitious) if I can and one with all the teams listed so that we all have a small file to save forever or delete in favour of a cat gif.

Stoner Sloth

slight update to the idea about Huntron - on closer inspection at least one of the hunter's isn't in regular play so my earlier suggestion would be too much of a nerf - I do have a better suggestion though!

roll 1d6 after each match, if the result is higher than the number of hunter's that took the field and scored at least 1 point then Huntron fails to activate, if it's equal or lower than Huntron takes place as normal

means that the strength of it is slightly reduced but still a good chance for it to take place

e: thought about this and this and d6 probably better, also an example - if three hunter's are in play then 3 or lower on dice roll means it activates

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Dec 15, 2021

Ass-penny

FluffieDuckie posted:

Big same, bit that has always been the case. My spot next year should probably go to someone who engages with football on some level.

Jaguars!

The Huntron was formed after I managed to collect every guy named Hunter in the NFL and made this post:

Jaguars! posted:

Now that I have collected all the Hunters I am going to form a Hunter Voltron. Hunter Henry will be the chaingun firing left arm, Hunter Renfrow will be a gigantic flyswatter that is used to propel the ball, Hunter Bryant will be a mighty robotic leg and Hunter long will be a wooden peg-leg that much like his on-field performance, is present but doesn't actively do anything.

Then it got a special rule that doubled the score but it didn't matter for a long time because my team is about as effective as roadkill, but now apparently they kick rear end? I think it's because my quarterback concussed the 1st string QB is starting regularly now.

I am completely fine with nerfing the rule, you could make it affect only the Hunters instead of the whole team or something.

As for the Feud rules, I have absolutely no idea, perhaps drafting a hatfield or a McCoy would help.

Lock

Jaguars! posted:

I am completely fine with nerfing the rule, you could make it affect only the Hunters instead of the whole team or something.

I was hoping you would chime in. I absolutely love your team’s story and while I do not want to ruin it, I do wanna make sure other teams have a chance.

Thanks! But I’mma keep this simple.

rear end-penny posted:

Big same, bit that has always been the case. My spot next year should probably go to someone who engages with football on some level.

Nah friend, this was never meant to be something where ‘knowing what’s going on’ should give you any sort of advantage. It’s all about watching the numbers, weird poo poo happening, and maybe your team wins something when it’s all done?

That said, if this ain’t your bag, fair nuff! But I absolutely don’t want people to think any sort of football knowledge is required to be ‘competitive.’

Lock

RADIATION ALERT

THE HUNTRON HAS SPRUNG A LEAK!

WAIRARAPA BUSH, after an 0-8 start to the season, turned to the power of the HUNTRON to salvage their season. Their tinkering week in and week out eventually led to wins, which soon led to domination. They ripped off 6 wins in a row and have found themselves in THE PLAYOFFS.

However, they have apparently flown too close to the sun. SCIENTISTS in the employ of THE COMMISH have discovered RADIOACTIVE EMISSIONS leaking from the HUNTRON.

The effects of the RADIATION seem to negate the 1/3Back penalty for the first eligible QB. Simply put, any team going up against WAIRARAPA BUSH may get full points from the 2 top-scoring QBs on their team. (1/3Back penalties start with the 3rd-highest-scoring QB, if applicable).

Stoner Sloth

oooh that is a cool one and simple - and thanks to Jaguars!

Lock posted:

Nah friend, this was never meant to be something where ‘knowing what’s going on’ should give you any sort of advantage. It’s all about watching the numbers, weird poo poo happening, and maybe your team wins something when it’s all done?

That said, if this ain’t your bag, fair nuff! But I absolutely don’t want people to think any sort of football knowledge is required to be ‘competitive.’

:hmmyes:

full disclosure i have never watched a game of american football but really had a lot of fun with this - thanks to all my fellow coaches for the friendly rivalry and especially to Lock for running this whole crazy thing!!

nesamdoom
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Stoner Sloth posted:

full disclosure i have never watched a game of american football but really had a lot of fun with this - thanks to all my fellow coaches for the friendly rivalry and especially to Lock for running this whole crazy thing!!

I don't watch pro or really anything besides the college games which can get very good. I've skated so far this year without seeing a single game in NFL, I just wish I still could go to my mum's and watch that football where they hit the ball with their foot.

Addition: Finally the Poutine Pals and TeaMates will meet for lunchfootball. This should be a good mealgame. I actually could really go for poutine and a big mug of tea.

nesamdoom fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Dec 17, 2021

Ass-penny

Sure I know it's not required, I just keep forgetting this is happening until it gets bumped in my bookmarks so it's possible some of the people who got turned away would have been more engaged. I'll finish out this season by never adjusting a single thing on my team.

Lock

rear end-penny posted:

Sure I know it's not required, I just keep forgetting this is happening until it gets bumped in my bookmarks so it's possible some of the people who got turned away would have been more engaged. I'll finish out this season by never adjusting a single thing on my team.

as the football gods intended, friend

Lock

OK, late reply again, but this time it's not my fault. COVID pushed games back to Wednesday, so PLAYOFFS week one literally just finished.

Let's see where things stand!

THE HUNTRON UPSETS!
Due to a VERY unfortunate late scratch of one of confused golfer's QBs, as well as a general lack of doings-of-things by the rest of the team, THE HUNTRON rumbles on, radiation and all.

Also, Wairarappa becomes the second team to score EXACTLY 420 points (after adjustments). Nice.

FEUD results:
TeaMates BUSTED! Score zeroed out.
Trois-Pistoles ADVANCES!

TESTING: 6, 3
THE COMMISH IS PERTURBED.

NEWLY CONSOLATED TEAMS:
Chestnuts
Nonchalants
moon takers
Fighting Capys
OrbSons
TeaMates
Fartbirds
BobRoss

:siren:REMINDER: CONSOLATED TEAMS ARE FREED. YOU MAY REQUEST RULES CHANGES AND SHAPE THE GAME IN YOUR IMAGE.:siren:

Feuding this week:
Lock Picks vs Sloths
SLOTHS ARE VACCINATED. THE SPREAD IS STOPPPED.

Chestnuts vs Fartbirds
**These teams are CONSOLATED, and thus may adjust, or even strike, the FEUD rule.

nesamdoom
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Lol, I forgot about the feud. Well all the tea and whisky had to catch up with us sometime.

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
hot drat I'm doing better by not playing than I ever did trying to be fake sports coach.

:krad:

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Lock

magic cactus posted:

hot drat I'm doing better by not playing than I ever did trying to be fake sports coach.

that’s the spirit!

nesamdoom
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

magic cactus posted:

gently caress yea!

Hey Lock, it's got two consolation things here in the app, do both get to make crazy rules? I'm not worried bout this week since I guess stuff is already going on, but I'd like to know in case I can talk to whomever I'm matched with in the next one and see if it can have something interesting lined up before the games.

Lock

nesamdoom posted:

gently caress yea!

Hey Lock, it's got two consolation things here in the app, do both get to make crazy rules? I'm not worried bout this week since I guess stuff is already going on, but I'd like to know in case I can talk to whomever I'm matched with in the next one and see if it can have something interesting lined up before the games.

Yah, absolutely, and really as long as it doesn’t give you a blatant advantage (all teams coached by someone named nes* get treble points) you don’t have to have their agreement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

Ok I continue to be confused so I’m just going to ask

We appear to be having playoffs before the nfl has playoffs. Is the plan to be completely done before the real playoffs start?

If that’s true I’ve been wasting a lot of time getting ready for playoffs