Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Alright, just waiting for magic cactus to claim their team, and then hopefully one more person to join? Maybe?? And then we're good to go!

e: oh god this was a terrible snipe

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
lets play some football!!?!?!

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

Lock posted:

Alright, just waiting for magic cactus to claim their team, and then hopefully one more person to join? Maybe?? And then we're good to go!

e: oh god this was a terrible snipe

sorry sorry I was busy last night and forgot, gonna do this now

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
say hello to the trois-pistoles poutine pals!

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Jaguars!

Oh hi I'm one more person to join, and this is right up my alley, I've been known to toss the ol' wineskin around occasionally.

My team will be the finest team money can't buy because they're amateurs, the Wairarapa Bush RFU:

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Could I join? I might drop out mid-way through or even sooner because I get busy or get high or just stare at a flower but I figure that is pretty BYOB as well

Lock

Jaguars! posted:

Oh hi I'm one more person to join, and this is right up my alley, I've been known to toss the ol' wineskin around occasionally.

My team will be the finest team money can't buy because they're amateurs, the Wairarapa Bush RFU:

Sure thing, I'll send you the info in a bit!

Bright Bart posted:

Could I join? I might drop out mid-way through or even sooner because I get busy or get high or just stare at a flower but I figure that is pretty BYOB as well

I can't believe I have to do this, and I hate I have to do this, but espn's league max is 20 teams which we have somehow hit. God only knows if this actually will become an annual thing but I will def put you on the waitlist should this go down again next year. Sorry friend!

Bright Bart

Lock posted:

Sure thing, I'll send you the info in a bit!

I can't believe I have to do this, and I hate I have to do this, but espn's league max is 20 teams which we have somehow hit. God only knows if this actually will become an annual thing but I will def put you on the waitlist should this go down again next year. Sorry friend!

No problem! If anyways I have less excuse to not do my serious job stuff. Not that I slack in that department of course. :monocle:

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

magic cactus posted:

say hello to the trois-pistoles poutine pals!

I look forward to facing you on the field of elongated spheroid battle. We shall dine and drink of the poutine and tea.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,Ass-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Do we have to kiss the football

nut

also is it bad if i kissed the football?

Bright Bart

I might just be a spectator if not a participant

nut posted:

also is it bad if i kissed the football?

Never

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

i have the option to choose my draft strategy. why would anyone ever do this

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Ass-penny

Please don't kiss the football, there is a pandemic going on.

FluffieDuckie

Only yobbers could get sick playing a virtual game.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

biosterous

your friend sk posted:

i have the option to choose my draft strategy. why would anyone ever do this

so you can do dumb strategies, for fun

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Ass-penny

FluffieDuckie posted:

Licking your phone is also a p bad idea imo

fps_nug

horsing around no longer
I'm so psyched football. I cant figure out how this loving ESPN app works though. when does this kick off? (get it?)

Lock

you need not learn the ways of the app; the app will show you its ways (but really if you need help setting your lineup just yell)

once the last persosn registers I’ll set the draft for middle-of-the-night Tues or Wed so that you wake up to some gridiron goodness

Bright Bart posted:

I might just be a spectator if not a participant

the crowd is just as much a part of the event!

alnilam

biosterous posted:

okay i have my draft strategy for the SUPERFLEX slots:

first, take the abbreviations for the positions (QB, RB, WR, TE)

next, give them numbers based on how many points that two-letter combo would be worth in scrabble:

QB = 13
RB = 3
WR = 7
TE = 2

this totals up to 25 which is a very nice coincidence, because then i can just multiply them by 4 to turn them into percentage chances without having to do extra math:

QB = 52 (= 1-52)
RB = 12 (= 53-64)
WR = 28 (= 65-92)
TE = 8 (= 93-100)

then random.org's true random number on the front page to generate six numbers (re-rolling if i get any repeats):

19, 53, 99, 31, 84, 62

QB, RB, TE, QB, WR, RB

final team composition:
QB (the mandatory one)
QB
QB
RB
RB
WR
TE
K
DS/T

and i think i found the place to do this on the website? (my team -> edit draft strategy -> autopick strategy)

i'm leaving all the dropdowns underneath as "best available" because i've already hit my effort limit for the day lol

lol

ty manifisto

alnilam

sorry i was camping all weekend but I'll be logging in, as they say in the football world, tomorrow, to do nothing, possibly to make a cool team logo

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

biosterous posted:

so you can do dumb strategies, for fun

I followed this method and ended up pretty well rounded with double qb, double rb, double te, and one wr. Sounded like a good strategy. I just really am shooting for a lot of fumbles and recoveries(just to keep the ball to fumble the next play). I tried making a system with my T9 keyboard on an old Kyocera Slider(Such a cool $300 phone in 2004) but I got lazy and gave up.

Manifisto - 2023,Ass-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Bright Bart

nesamdoom posted:

an old Kyocera Slider

Were then and are you now a drug dealer or a dedicated MMORPG guild member or neither or both?

Especially when it's bought prepaid and as a second phone, that's definitely what is known as a "trap phone".

(But also I remember people who were using it to plan out raids having something like this.)

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

FluffieDuckie posted:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Tryouts for cheerleaders for BYOB fantasy football league getting cut throat; the cat just hissed at the corgi and now the beagle is eating my cheese; will there ever be peace in this sport?????

Lock

Gettin' down to crunch time. If I don't hear back from the last coach I'll set them up an account and get the draft ready to go.

Etiquette question. since this was kinda an interest-check/setup thread, I was debating creating another thread for the season proper. But I'm fine just keeping things here with its awkward title and just letting it ride. Would it be easier to follow with a proper season thread or are we cool with just chilling here?

alnilam

here we go i have done the most important thing and added my team logo

lock do i have to do literally anything else?

ty manifisto

xcheopis

I logged in! And... don't know what to do. Auto-draft seems best? Partly because during my work days I don't often have time to do non-work stuff and my evenings are spent being tired. Still, I think my team can do well standing about and leaning against things and whistling as they saunter carelessly past the ref.

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

Ass-penny

I haven't actually logged in yet because going to ESPN seems like blasphemy to me. Do I need to log in to get this rolling or?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Lock posted:

Gettin' down to crunch time. If I don't hear back from the last coach I'll set them up an account and get the draft ready to go.

Etiquette question. since this was kinda an interest-check/setup thread, I was debating creating another thread for the season proper. But I'm fine just keeping things here with its awkward title and just letting it ride. Would it be easier to follow with a proper season thread or are we cool with just chilling here?

i love the thread title

rear end-penny posted:

I haven't actually logged in yet because going to ESPN seems like blasphemy to me. Do I need to log in to get this rolling or?

if you want to change your team logo/name/etc. or set up a system for your autodraft

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Bright Bart posted:

Were then and are you now a drug dealer or a dedicated MMORPG guild member or neither or both?

Especially when it's bought prepaid and as a second phone, that's definitely what is known as a "trap phone".

(But also I remember people who were using it to plan out raids having something like this.)

I can happily say that I did indeed sell the marijuana(already did a number for it). I used it for away business because my cordless house phone worked up to 2 blocks so I used that around the house. I should also state that I currently have no affiliation with criminal activity.

Lock

xcheopis posted:

I logged in! And... don't know what to do. Auto-draft seems best? Partly because during my work days I don't often have time to do non-work stuff and my evenings are spent being tired. Still, I think my team can do well standing about and leaning against things and whistling as they saunter carelessly past the ref.

you need not do a thing, that is the beauty(?) of this league. If you’re feeling adventurous you might be able to discover a way to influence how the algorithm chooses your players for you, but it’s neither necessary nor recommended.

rear end-penny posted:

nope, not at all! Anybody that I created an acct for is good to go and anything you do beyond this point is icing on your personal cake

Lock

alnilam posted:

here we go i have done the most important thing and added my team logo

lock do i have to do literally anything else?

you literally do not, though I’ll go a bit into more detail about what you can optionally do once the draft is done

e: Jaguars just need you to sign up, but I may just go ahead and sign you up b/c I AM READY FOR SOME FOOTBAW

Lock fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Sep 7, 2021

Jaguars!

I'm done now, Just need to buy some hookers.

Also props, halfbacks etc.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Jaguars! posted:

I'm done now, Just need to buy some hookers.

Also props, halfbacks etc.

:woop:

Jaguars!

So, are we co-op or PvP? I am amped for footballs

Jinh

the Scores only care about scoring, no defense allowed. idk what a "running back" is, but that's not allowed on the Scores, we only run forward :haibrow:

thanks so much cda <3

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Why are there no Nickelbacks on my team

Jaguars!

I think they're only allowed in Canadian Football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Jaguars! posted:

So, are we co-op or PvP? I am amped for footballs

I'm pretty sure it's a PvE server with PvP arenas. If I understand how football works, it's players versus healthy brain mobs.