Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

i think at least one admin should actually try to read d&d, threads like this will never ever get you a real picture of how the forum actually works. it just becomes a battleground for forum warfare, with posters on their chosen sides yelling angrily at real or imagined sins of the other side. there's also the problem in d&d that half the time no matter how mods apply their powers, they will be accused of bias no matter who they probe or for what reason. i have absolutely no idea what kind of people should be modded in d&d because i wouldn't wish that fate on my worst enemy. and i think that's a massive issue - only people who can withstand all the insults and constant calls for demodding will be willing to do the job, and it probably isn't a good thing that politics mods that last are only those who are too stubborn to give up. idk how to solve that beyond admins actually paying attention to d&d more often than in threads like this and being willing to back up d&d mods when they get yelled at for overblown stuff (and be able to figure out if the yelling is actually about a real issue and not because of forum warfare bullshit), but if admins don't want to read it (very understandable), its impossible to get an actually good idea of what to do with d&d and its modding

i'm tired of constant idiotic forum wars and the active hostility on the very concept of modding by some posters. there are posting places with little to no modding all over the internet, and those pretty universally suck so much

edit: very much agree with herstory's above post

SpiritOfLenin fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Sep 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU