Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
weird bit of b-roll with bbt there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lmao Tony's bug eyes.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Now that blecher has all my old purchases there I'll probably stick with them. I really don't mind paying aew 50 bucks

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I think its cause BR has unlimited replays and Fite doesn't? Is that right?

vv that sounds more right than me vv

Fite still has all my previously purchased ones available

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
"great different" - CM Punk

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

That bloody shot of Jericho’s face is really good

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i feel like MJF has to win because Jericho winning is such a nothing on the radar after losing 3 times, and MJF should kick out of the Judas Effect too, let Jericho play off the stage as a the broken down horse and stay in the booth, it's time

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Britt vs KStat got hot so fast/easy, god drat, I'm excited for it, and I think we're gonna get lights out match Britt

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I think its cause BR has unlimited replays and Fite doesn't? Is that right?

I can rewatch any of the AEW PPVs I ordered on fite whever I want to!

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

smarxist posted:

i feel like MJF has to win because Jericho winning is such a nothing on the radar after losing 3 times, and MJF should kick out of the Judas Effect too, let Jericho play off the stage as a the broken down horse and stay in the booth, it's time

winning a match where his career is on the line is not a nothing on the radar win. Win or lose it's a big deal

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
"Luck's for losers, Jim" - CM Punk

Never been a CM Punk fan before and now I'm in deep.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
YOU WILL DEFEND YOUR TITLES IN A STEEL CAAAAGE!!!!

*giant metal Brian Cage starts lowering from the ceiling*

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

just bought ppv, i really hope everyone involved with AEW is happy that they are involved in something fun and cool. :)

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

nuketulsa posted:

just bought ppv, i really hope everyone involved with AEW is happy that they are involved in something fun and cool. :)

you've made an excellent choice friend, but now comes your most difficult decision of all: what foods do you cook/buy for show night??

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
i always make nachos with the best ingredients i can find in... a japanese supermarket...

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Auritech posted:

i always make nachos with the best ingredients i can find in... a japanese supermarket...

mods?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Auritech posted:

Food shame

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Auritech posted:

Uhh sounds amazing actually

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rampagethoughts

Man, Excalibur is marble-mouthed today.

1) Malakai Black vs Lee Johnson. I love that they allow Black's entrance to be slow and meditative. Totally different atmosphere. Johnson is out as a sacrificial lamb. Love this opening, Black as pursuit predator. Black doesn't move like anyone else in AEW. And then the beating starts. Johnson knows he needs to move fast and land strikes and he's really trying. Malakai Jack. Sidebar: commentary has got so much better. They have each other's rhythm. Johnson lands a huge tope to the outside that looks just a little like Black slamming him into the barrier. And then Black just field goals Johnson's head. Black giving the chair to Johnson is great. This was a really well done dominant match. Great stuff.

Dustin out after the bell. Black gets out because there's nothing left to win here. Good stuff.

Miro and Eddie segment. Perfect. Redeem these nuts.

2) Rebel and Jamie Hayter vs Kris Stat. Britt brings out her stooges. Kris Stat brings out her Lads. This starts out as Hayter vs Kris, and frankly I'd like it to stay that way. Hossfight is a good direction for this match. Statlander is dropping some bombs on Hayter at the start. Rebel gets in and things get a little bit worse, but her role is to be the stooge who gets beaten up, and that's fine. Statlander looks AWESOME here. Athletic, powerful, laying her strikes in like a maniac. Amazing ridiculous power spot from Stat. Statlander overcomes and wins. And Britt actually looks rattled.

Post-match Baker lines up her goons to attack, and Velvet turns up to even the odds, but frankly I feel like Stat didn't necessarily need them. I don't think she's winning, but this was enough to make the "what if?" feel real.

We get a card run down. I wish they'd built Kojima / Moxley more. Let Kojima cut a promo in Japanese and then translate it,

Mark Henry interviews people who are all 2 rooms away from each other and can't hear each other's voices at all.

3) Daniel Garcia vs Darby Allin. Punk out for commentary. Punk stagedives. Garcia and Allin lock up. I am so in love with Garcia's energy. He's a wild, cocky, arrogant threat, the smallest dog in the fight but the most vicious. Oh wow, that table spot was absolutely absurd. OK, did we get WWE's camera switcher for this match? We kept missing action on the floor. Then we're back in the ring and getting really aggressive and technical. God, this is fast. Allin is used to big guys who are slower than him. Someone who can match him speed for speed is actually proving to be more of a challenge. Hahaha, Garcia calling out Punk mid match is great, he has absolutely no sense of fear. Oh poo poo, that rear naked choke into coffin drop spot was insane. Punk is a little bit Old Guy on commentary. Flash pin from Darby for the win

And the SECOND the match ends 2.0 are in. I love these loving ratbags. We do the Darby missile spot again. Then Darby and Punk face to face. Absolutely perfect.

Really good show. Good matches from top to bottom. I am officially hype for the pay per view.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I really want the Best Friends to watch Statlander's match on BTE while pointing out to Wheeler that THIS is how you wrestle a match.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jerusalem posted:

I really want the Best Friends to watch Statlander's match on BTE while pointing out to Wheeler that THIS is how you wrestle a match.

Or Wheeler tried to critique it for her and she just chokes him out immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Jerusalem posted:

I can rewatch any of the AEW PPVs I ordered on fite whever I want to!
And every episode of Dynamite and Rampage, plus two PPVs I didn't order! (Fyter Fest and Fight for the Fallen 2019, which were free in the US but cost money on Fite at the time, but are now part of the AEW Plus package)