Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Suzuki's got a really cool theme song. When he did chocopro, did they sing it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Watch the post show press conference just to see Tony give giant awkward hugs to Adam Cole

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Also, thrill at the prospect of legal wrangling over who owns the concept of Bryan rhythmically and energetically pointing at the ceiling.
e: someone w/ a better view has started posting long clips of the media scrum. Here's Dave Meltzer letting everyone know he's seen Terry Funk wrestle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA02hOVb79A&t=73s

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Sep 6, 2021

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Mr. Squishy posted:

Suzuki's got a really cool theme song. When he did chocopro, did they sing it?

No, it was literally the first episode made during Covid shutdown and panic, so I think they played his music and got a copyright strike. His entrance is muted now.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Mr. Squishy posted:

Also, thrill at the prospect of legal wrangling over who owns the concept of Bryan rhythmically and energetically pointing at the ceiling.

WWE wouldn’t have much of a leg to stand on considering Bryan already stole it from Diego “The Nightmare” Sanchez

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

I really liked when Bryan was like "not sure what I'm going to be doing with that, we obviously want to respect whatever's their intellectual property," and Tony immediately jumped in with "but, to be clear, that's not their intellectual property."

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm rewatching the show and OC losing his poo poo to get Stat back in the ring is everything :3:

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Was Bray Wyatt's gimmick originally meant to be genuinely supernatural? He was like a cult leader who had recruited a couple of huge guys to fight for him and had convinced his people he had some kind of supernatural/satanic patron, and talked a lot of creepy poo poo, but it wasn't originally supposed to be that he actually had spooky powers, right? All that happened years of Vincing later?

EDIT: This is not the exact thread I thought it was but still

El Generico fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Sep 6, 2021

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Aye Doc posted:

hey some of those john cena matches were okay too! but yes this is how i see it as well

One of the Cena matches was also a contender for worst match of the decade

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Oh I'm far too scared of him murdering me. I will walk up to him and tell him he was the best thing on the show at which point he will murder me

I will keep my distance from him, at which point he will murder me.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
AEW signing all this talent is like when your favorite sports team signs a hot free agent.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

El Generico posted:

Was Bray Wyatt's gimmick originally meant to be genuinely supernatural? He was like a cult leader who had recruited a couple of huge guys to fight for him and had convinced his people he had some kind of supernatural/satanic patron, and talked a lot of creepy poo poo, but it wasn't originally supposed to be that he actually had spooky powers, right? All that happened years of Vincing later?

EDIT: This is not the exact thread I thought it was but still

He was meant to be creepy and weird but not literally magic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdDyQ1Qxtvg

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Rarity posted:

I'm rewatching the show and OC losing his poo poo to get Stat back in the ring is everything :3:

OC losing his poo poo was everything. Suzuki coming out (and a big enough chunk of the crowd knowing to sing) was everything. Ruby coming out was everything. The Lucha Bros. reacting to winning the titles was everything. The crowd popping for a Dusty finish was everything. Cole debuting was everything. Danielson debuting was everything.

And you could still make a tremendous wrestling show out of all the poo poo I didn't mention.

EDIT: listening to the Observer short review and this bit, after they name the debuts, jumps out immediately:

Bryan: "But at the end of the day, the story is — it should be abundantly clear —"
Dave: "People are happy!"
Bryan: "I've never seen more happy people in my life."

disaster pastor fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Sep 6, 2021

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

AEW signing all this talent is like when your favorite sports team signs a hot free agent.

The only thing that this reminds me of is the summer of 2001, when the Red Wings acquired Dominik Hasek (the greatest goalie of all time, an absolute author of goaltending) out of nowhere, and signed Luc Robitaille (HOF left wing, one of the greatest scorers ever) on the same day. Everyone in Detroit was fired up for months after that.

Then the Wings signed Brett Hull in August.

Most loaded team ever, most fun team ever.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Elevation: confirmed happening
https://twitter.com/HIsaiah_MooreH/status/1434893856714203137

In case it gets deleted for being posted early, Silver and 10 are against Isiahh Moore and Travis Titan.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/KingSerpentico/status/1434897197112438787

Mox, Eddie, and Sting v. Chaos Project and RSP. Hell yeah.
e: Sting's son.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Post by post, I'm building this card
https://twitter.com/bearbronsonBC/status/1434903061860810756

Ryan Nemet & PPA v. Bear Country

e: oh, there's a general discussion thread

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Sep 6, 2021

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
nvm

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TMnvi3kdQU

He's baaaaaaaaaaaack

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
there is a post-all out pre-dynamite aew discussion thread btw

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3978620

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

flatluigi posted:

there is a post-all out pre-dynamite aew discussion thread btw

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3978620

Well it was nice of everyone to tell me :mad:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Don’t worry, all the cool kids post in the GDT till it gets closed.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
PPV threads tend not to get closed is the thing.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

karmicknight posted:

PPV threads tend not to get closed is the thing.

Eventually climate change will take care of that.

I mean, you wouldn’t want to cross Miro now would you?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Rarity posted:

Oh I'm far too scared of him murdering me. I will walk up to him and tell him he was the best thing on the show at which point he will murder me

JR had a great line about Suzuki on the PPV: "I had breakfast in Tokyo with him once. I was afraid to chew."

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

JR going "oh i've gotta get my rear end outta here!" when suzuki came out was also great

just an incredible night of wrestling. an all timer of a show

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
We're 100 pages short of being in the top 5 biggest wrestling ppv threads. Get to work everyone. All 5 of the top 5 spots are held by Roman Reigns wrestlemanias, he really moved our needle.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

close & goldmine

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Cavauro posted:

close & goldmine

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

no his name is goldberg