Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Cyclops, lamprey, armadillo to ear wings is quite a change.

I think this Elizabeth is on the up and up. She feels trustworthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I think the goats are kind of cute.

But I'm ready for things to go full weird.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I have to admit, that cut scene definitely surprised me. I like how the boss completely believe Ken's tale of his Santa cosplaying murderous twin brother. Did we already know Ken was adopted?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Psion posted:

Next you're going to tell me whatever deity or whatever that sent us this ark isn't actually good?

basically I'm 100% suspicious of everyone and so far it's working out

Well, it seems like this isn't the first ark they've sent and they've apparently populated one planet before. So at least they seem to be on the up and up when it comes to saving species.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sachiko, ever present yet also apparently utterly irrelevant to the plot.

Bout time Linda joins the party.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Yeah, Entrails cracked me up too.

Glad Panheim found new employment with Nek. Unless he just ran away?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Holy moly. What an ending to the scenario.

I vote for keep showing the PC Engine cut scenes (unless they're a ton of work).

Also, Sachiko, befuddling to the end.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Wow, Anne and Minago cannot catch a break. The corpses were still there so I guess Panheim dying nixed that scenario 1 plot off.

It got overshadowed by everything that followed but that Kammer guy certainly has a trustworthy appearance.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sachiko just came to this planet? Weird.

Oh, Ken's biological father got a mention. Given his rather inglorious appearance in scenario 1 I'm a bit surprised he's such a dangerous person. Well, go figure.

Those PC Engine camels...are something.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Probably.

I would have preferred umbrella cat too.

I'm not really piecing this plot together aside from the very general outline of it but I'm for learning more about the Federation.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

The Linda reveal did not disappoint.

RIP Smilly.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Well...huh. That explains pretty much all of the mysteries. Well, minus why original Sachiko was so obsessed with being the ark candidate.

I completely bombed guessing the animal from the sprite this update.

ivantod posted:

And now, zombies, too? Well, why not, it's not like we haven't already had pretty much everything else in this scenario. In fact, the game's creator, Shoji Masuda wrote about this and indicated that when writing Scenario B, his intention was to just keep throwing new plot twists at the player constantly to keep it entertaining! I will be posting parts of that article later on, when it stops being spoilery. In a related bit of news, it turns out that Masuda and a couple of other people from the development team were a bit active on BBSes/net in the 1990s and early 2000s, and well, I have somehow found a website which archives some of their old posts from that time where they literally answer people's questions about the game and why some things are the way they are in it. So I'm planning to go through it and post some of the more interesting ones here too. So please look forward to that!

I am looking forward to that!

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Feb 10, 2022

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Oh, Emory doesn't have some grand plan. He's just insane.

I'll throw out a guess in the dark and say the painting is of Ken's bio dad since I'm expecting to learn more about him.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

That was actually kind of freaky how they did the arm transplant without anesthesia for Yoshiko. But uh good on her for being able to drag away Emory with only one arm.

Poor No. 3 though. She doesn't have her sisters or Ken's mom.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

ivantod posted:

This is actually one of my favourite "attention to details" moments so far. If you look carefully at the screenshots where she's dragging her father, you can see that the sprite indeed has only one arm (the right one)! In general, I think the character sprites (and their animations) in this game are absolutely top notch.

I did notice that. I totally agree on the animations. Did the Emory fight have anything? I liked the Hume boss fight video for the Hume attack animations.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

...Linda^3 never fails to amaze. What an intro. Glad we're in the happy timeline now.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Weirdly enough the PC Engine version of sheep looks more sheeplike to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

What a fantastic LP.

Did we ever find out why Ken and Nek's biological father killed all those people?